Australian inspired expansion?

Mists of Pandaria took inspiration from Asia… how bout an Australian inspired expansion? Considering all the wildlife in Australia can kill you irl… I think it could serve as a good WoW region.

Introduce Koalaren.

30 Likes

I mean some parts of Africa are similar to australia I don’t think it would be outstanding at all. BFA Had Voldun. That was australia enough.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of diversity in Australia. It could make for some interesting zones.

Could we add on New Zealand where the Kiwibird people are fighting the Possum Empire for survival?

10 Likes

Koala people and didgeridoos?

Where do I sign?

15 Likes

I don’t thing we have enough culture to draw on to make a good expansion. We have some unique flora and fauna, but not any cool mythology. Australia has only been called so the last 120 odd years.

Aborigines versions of myths are called ”The Dreamtime” or “The Dreaming”. I learnt a lot about it through aboriginal elders growing up. But it doesn’t have anything on the gods and epic stories of other cultures. It may have something to do with all the stories being handed down verbally without aid of the written word but yeah.

Using Australian culture, terrain, and wildlife would be a lame expansion. Kind of a buzzkill here, we don’t have a rich history. Nothing compared to Europe, Asia or the Middle East.

5 Likes

Personally I would be down for a new continent that didn’t have some massive civilization which conquered it. Make it more about dangerous wildlife and harsh untamed landscapes then fighting some new generic enemy. Sounds kind of refreshing to me.

11 Likes

In game vegemite sandwich ?

hell yeah

22 Likes

We need downvotes back just for this :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

No we need downvotes for when the devs have the sadistic idea to not only introduce an Australia region…but to also make it as accurate as possible have a time of the year when it just rains spiders

4 Likes

Haha that would be good. Could also have drop bears as a native playable race for the Horde… and bogans for the Alliance

5 Likes

if we get didgeridoos i am in

2 Likes

Tanaris already in the game

1 Like

And 4/20 pies.

1 Like

I’m down with an aussie land, especially if they had NZ in there somewhere.

2 Likes

I bet blizzard could work a fair bit out of that actually.

1 Like

Hunters might become too OP if they get access to dingo, koala, and platypus pets.

I’m in.

3 Likes

The great emu war in wow.

3 Likes

But who gets the Donk?

7 Likes

Fair enough.

(In my best broad AU accent)

“World of Warcraft: Aww yeah!”