Auspicious Arborwyrm Massive Glitch

Because you all literally screamed bloody murder about the Mtx and boosts in classic? Lmao

This community is so bizarrely inconsistent.

1 Like

they added the token to wotlk classic so at this point we might as well get the good parts as well.

3 Likes

It wasn’t supposed to be in Classic, and it shouldn’t be.

They’re fixing a bug.

See if you could add something more Wrath-like into Classic.

Nothing too bulky.
Something slick.,

Like Tazavesh disk. Those are best mounts imho.
Or like a carpet similar to the one from Tailoring.

There’s something wrong with you.

1 Like

I saw it in stormwind in wotlk and everyone loved it, i went and bought the 6 month just for that just to log back in and its taken away.

I am just commenting for logs

2 Likes

Maybe they are just young? Lighten up ya big dork.

which translate to “login to afk Or use a bot” to get xx reward!
and then all the servers will lag or get queue.

very sad :frowning: the one fix I wouldn’t miss

How do I refund my purchase of the 6 months? I saw the mount (bugged or not) in game on my server on WotLK Classic and solely purchased the deal because of the mount. I do not play Retail.

3 Likes

It was a bug.

Chill.

If you played less than 10 minutes I think you can get a refund, otherwise you’re SoL.

What was the reason for removing it?
I mean:

• Classic players don’t get any prime gaming reward like the retail players do
  • We didn’t get any in-game items for the Blizzcon Collection
  • For the 12 months sub you gave us a cheap and ugly recolor of the last year’s mount, which was an ugly recolor of the most simple and ugliest mount in the game: a normal drake
  • You still haven’t fixed the /mountspecial and idle animation of the Avatar of Flame mount. [WotLK] Avatar of Flame bugged "/mountspecial" animation
  • You still haven’t fixed the jumping animation of the Headless Horseman’s Mount and the ICC Glory mounts [WotLK] Headless Horseman’s Mount’s jumping animation is bugged
  • Mounts that were previously usable in Dalaran are still not usable, although you said it’ll be fixed in a future patch ICC Update Broke Adaptive Mounts - #14 by Kaivax (Yes, I tested it on PTR, still bugged)

But as I see removing a mount has more priority than fixing bugs in WotLK :clap:

8 Likes

Probably because a) its not classic and b) it was a bug

Because most classic players actively fight against that

Same here

I agree the mount is ugly

Looks hilarious i agree

Tbf this is literally just a switch for them. All retail mounts are available on the Wrath Client, they are just disabled for obvious reasons. Don’t forget that retail, wrath and era are all running on the dragonflight engine.

We seriously crying about bug fixes?

4 Likes

I only play WOTLK classic, and when I saw a fellow player on this mount in Dal yesterday I went nuts. It was SO cool. I immediately went and purchased a 6-month subscription so I could also have this mount, and then I spent the entire day yesterday trying to figure out why it wasn’t in my mount tab. I talked to other players who were flying their mounts around, I tried a whole slew of suggestions they offered me. And finally, I opened a ticket.

Come to find out, I was scammed by Blizz. it’s stunningly irresponsible to release something like this with massive glitches, and after finding out the mount was never supposed to be in Wrath in the first place I went back trying to find out if it was crystal clear that the mount was not available on classic servers in all the promotional material, and NO, IT IS NOT CLEAR.

Tell me, are you deploying a fix for your scam promotional material too?

9 Likes

literally only a handful of boomers do.

There is nothing gamebreaking about an extra pet, or a tabard, or even a mount.
You just being dramatc.

Also, where is my sparkle pony?

• I didn’t even buy War Within due to lack of Classic cosmetics
  • I would have played Rumble if there was a cross over for Classic cosmetics.
  • I’d love Heroes of the Storm cross over promotion. I still play HOTS every day.
  • I’d love to see cool mounts for Classic.
2 Likes

Well. Glad I saw this before doing a six month sub. I plan to be around for Cata so figured why not.

Nice to see Classic still getting the second class treatment.

1 Like

So did you change your mind and give it to us, or is someone getting fired? LOL

What makes you think someone would get fired? It’s not a big deal. There’s virtually no impact. Even a mistake with a minor financial impact probably wouldn’t get someone mercilessly fired for no reason.

Live service games are unique. No matter how much testing takes place in lower test environments, sometimes it goes differently when it hits production (aka live). This is very much an “oops, alright lets fix it” with literally no harm done lol.

With that in mind, and reading your other replies, the answer to your bigger question is likely a technical one that wouldn’t be understood anyways. We already know that the classic era client is being simulated on the Legion client. Your "probably"s and tinfoil hat theories are simply that - tinfoil hat theories that projects some weird hostility to things you simply didn’t know about.

As someone who simply works in the same industry with a little more than surface level understanding, it’s entertaining that you describe your own thought as a genius idea, as if any of the engineers are not hyper aware of the potential you described. It’s like you’re trying to describe a house from the outside, to the people who wrote the blueprints and built it xD

1 Like

Are you sure they got rid of it in game? I logged in about 20 minutes ago after seeing the post about this on Wowhead, and was able to get it and mount in game. I exited the game and logged back in a couple of minutes ago, and I’m still sitting on it in the game.

EDIT: Just after I first made this post I went back into the game, and it is removed from my mount journal, but my DK is still mounted on it. Maybe I should just leave him on it from now on LOL.

3 Likes