Augmentation evoker suppot>tank

Bro my raid’s tank does much more DPS than his devoker, he has no idea what he’s doing or talking about.

He’s just on these forums with trash takes and lots of anger.

1 Like

How well someone pushes a button rotation or moves about during a raid encounter has nothing to do with whether or not they have a valid opinion on the state of the game. Gatekeeping a class based on your opinion of how well it is played is supremely childish.

I personally feel like WoW would benefit from more tank classes, preferably ones that are simplistic at end game. WoW could use a gateway tank class to encourage newer players to try tanking and making a new tank spec from a new class would be a fabulous way to do it. Wonderful as Aug is, it’s not a simple class to play well and it’s easy to be deterred from since it’s not an easy thing to fully grasp how well you are or aren’t doing, so it’s not really what I’d call a beginner’s spec.

Commenting on drastic changes a class “needs” when you haven’t figured out how to play it is even more irrelevant.

2 Likes

I would be bothered by your comments if they applied to me, but they’re so far off mark I can only wonder where you get your information. Like, do you just shoot blindly and hope to hit something? Is that your strat?

I don’t care what you say about me, because I know what I’m capable of and what I’ve done, but it really bothers me when I see you attacking every commentor that doesn’t agree with you. You seem like you could use a hard ban. I, for one, will just put you on my rather small ignore list since I haven’t seen you post anything at all that adds to the discussion, instead choosing to simply launch attacks at anyone that disagrees with you.

With that said, bye.

You can keep your Lockeroom criticisms to yourself.

1 Like

My comments about not knowing how to play a class don’t apply to someone averaging a 30 on performance?

He wasn’t talking about you, though.

I’m aware, that’s the point. He’s replied to me in other forums with equal middle school wit. This just shows he’s consistently ignorable.

1 Like

True, but he’s on edge since he’s got terrible takes and terrible performance.

… You’re literally posting from a ghost forum alt.

I’d take Benares’ opinion over yours from what I’m seeing.

Fair enough, I think I’m seeing that now, lol. Mb.

1 Like

I mean I’m not, and the idea doesn’t change. If you’re not doing well on the class, your opinion on how it can be improved is irrelevant.

The concept that you clearly haven’t come remotely close to doing well on a spec but you know how to “fix” it is 100% ridiculous.

Someone saying “it doesn’t matter that I gray parse, my ideas on how to make the class better are correct” is amusing af to me.

That’s not what I said though, is it?
Go ahead and link the actual sentence, not merely your interpretation of it.

Again, the original comment, and mine, weren’t directed at you.

You’ve really got main character energy for being so meh at evoker.

You’re going to wind up with feedback that’s got varying degrees of player skill and experience behind it. Always.

Are there going to be bad/uniformed takes? Yeah. That doesn’t make speaking to people in a condescending or nasty manner necessary.

Ironically, speaking from the perspective of someone who plays each role:

Sure, it’d be neat to have a tankvoker spec. It would’ve fixed absolutely nothing in terms of the current issues the game has with getting people to tank or heal as compared to DPS.

Arguing against someone’s point by simply pointing out their performance is just sidestepping their point unless the entire discussion is about performance.

1 Like

This entire discussion is about performance on a spec and what alternative options it needs, though.

Talking about how we “need” more range when you aren’t doing well with the range we have, and other arguments about how evoker “doesn’t work” are tiring to listen to from people that are strugglint to play the spec at even a base level.

The specific “unqualified” person in question wasn’t talking performance, though. Their point (or opinion, if you want to call it that) was simply they’d rather see Aug become a normal dpser than a tank, and that more tank specs won’t help with the issue of finding tanks.

1 Like

Aug already is a normal DPS, whether people are fooled by the smoke and mirrors of how that’s delivered or not.

And the person in question would rather see it do more personal DPS, while also disagreeing with the premise of making it a tank.

:dracthyr_shrug:

Whether or not they’re skilled enough to leverage that is irrelevant. I personally would’ve preferred a tank, but can also acknowledge that it would’ve accomplished next to nothing for the overall tank issues.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s the main thing-- tank population doesn’t really change based on number of specs available. Spreading that population out across more specs accomplishes nothing.

1 Like

Yeup.

Don’t get me wrong- I’d love an Evoker caster tank spec based on Black and Red Flight magic. I just don’t want the class as a whole to suffer from it getting added, and I know it’s not going to bring new tanks in.

We’re better off branching into support DPS, which is where Aug is at least paving the beginning of that path.

If Demon hunter got a rdps spot that would be cool too, but I’d much prefer a tank evoker.

2 Likes