Augmentation evoker suppot>tank

Please trash the support spec and make it a tank. Everyone hates it and is extremely dependent upon it. Besides the only class with a tank and ranged dps is druid, we need another.

5 Likes

No, they donā€™t.

No, theyā€™re not.

Explain to me where people are ā€œdependentā€ on Aug.

Why?

4 Likes

I can vibe with this.

Not 100% true. A lot of people ā€œlikeā€ it b/c itā€™s overtuned and guarantees them a spot in raid and M+. Once itā€™s ā€œbalanced,ā€ youā€™ll see the number of people who ā€œlikeā€ it drop. Itā€™s just Flavor of the month, but the month is carrying on for too long for augs.

100% I agree. A dragon class with no tank spec is just odd. Iā€™ve wanted dragon-esque class in wow for awhile and Iā€™m a bit disappointed that they did no give us a tank specā€¦ among other things. Evokers feel half baked.

2 Likes

There is such a heavy sentiment that people hate Aug and as an Aug who prefers the support-heavy style I wholly oppose that notion. Iā€™m not against tank specs, I like tanking too. But Aug is very unique and fun and whereas many would argue they want more individual power in Aug, Iā€™d prefer to go the opposite direction and fully embrace their support nature.

11 Likes

Hmm, not a great thing to put into an argument for some notion or ideaā€¦

1 Like

Literally everyone was expecting Evoker to be able to tank. Like you said druid was the only rdps and tank combo so naturally getting another rdps would mean weā€™d get the combo THIS time, right? Nope. Even though Thereā€™s plenty of healer and rdps to go around. Or at least more of it.

4 Likes

One new class that canā€™t tank, what a travesty. Tank players can go take a hike.

4 Likes

I was only expecting evoker to use abilities based on the different dragonflights and have a dps spec like every single class does, could see it being healer on account of red and green dragonflights generally being aligned with healing magic I suppose.

I can see where people made the link with black dragons being tank given prot warrior has had that link.

1 Like

The request should be dragon race with tank classā€¦
Evoker is fine the way it is.

1 Like

We dont ā€œNeedā€ another Tank spec, but it would be cool. Since there is no ā€œMailā€ tank. Adding another Tank spec isnā€™t going to magically make Waiting for Tanks to que up any better.

4 Likes

It is odd that people seem to hate choice.

5 Likes

Itā€™s not really as simple as being a discussion of ā€˜choiceā€™. There are minimal dev hours that go into this game and there are a lot more balance and design initiatives that many would consider a more worthwhile use of that time than creating an arbitrary extra tank, especially when itā€™s under the guise of charged rhetoric like ā€œeveryone hates augā€ when thatā€™s clearly erroneous.

In a perfect world where they have unlimited resources to design specs for people because of their dragon fantasies, I have zero issue with people getting what they want. The issue is that the statistics show that typically people that main tank specs just jump around from strong tank to strong tank by season, but generally the role doesnā€™t attract ā€˜newā€™ players.

Creating a new tank would, historically, not bring more tanks to the role in the sense that the role is more populated for things like m+ and raid, so the value of the time that would go into making it just because people think dragons should thematically be able to be tanks is likely not a worthwhile investment when they are putting their time into TWW and hero talents.

2 Likes

WoW classes can have 4 specs, like druid. There is no technical limitation to add a fourth tank spec to Evokers.

So there is also no reason to remove Aug for this.

5 Likes

Honestly, I think it would be better for the game overall if they made Aug a tank spec. Itā€™s clear Blizz has no idea how to balance a support class. Add in the prevalence of damage meters for years, itā€™s unlikely Blizz will ever be able to find the balance between the support provided and the dps needed. Aug will remain completely feast or famine.

That said, I also donā€™t think Blizz has the fortitude to actually pull the trigger, so aug will stay in this cycle of over or under tuned.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad Aug exists, not because itā€™s support but because itā€™s a DPS spec for evoker that is not Dev. I donā€™t want my only off-spec DPS choice to be Dev. I want to be able to switch to DPS if someone else wants to heal and not be playing a spec that makes me so bored I want to gouge out my eyes. I donā€™t want to tank. I main monk, I play Mistweaver with Windwalker as my off-spec. I hardly ever touch Brewmaster because I donā€™t want to tank. I donā€™t even necessarily care if Aug is support, I just want it to play differently enough from Dev that I can actually stand to play it, and right now it does. If they were to add a 4th spec that is a tank I wouldnā€™t care. I just donā€™t want the DPS spec of evoker I actually enjoy to be gotten ridden of in essence for a role I would already be playing as off-spec if I wanted to. I donā€™t want Aug to be a tank nor do I want it to be turned into Dev with black and bronze paint over it instead of red and blue.

2 Likes

The irony is you arenā€™t there to dps. Furthermore, aug and dev are almost identical with just different spell effects.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know that Iā€™d say that necessarily, esp not in dungeons.

Aug DO be having brown disintegrate and brown eternity surge skins though which is pretty tight.

Itā€™s labeled as DPS, it is treated as DPS, it contributes DPS, but yes, the main contribution of Aug is by making others do more DPS. That is still DPS Aug is making happen.

Itā€™s different enough for me. Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m playing around trying to keep Ebon Might up while sending out Prescience on CD and watching Blistering Scales. Itā€™s not just pyre/disintegrate spam until I need to fish for essence burst while also waiting for my essence to recharge. I realize thatā€™s not all Dev is, but maintaining the buffs that Aug brings keeps me way more engaged than Dev.

you mean delete the support spec and make it another DPS we donā€™t need more tanks

Well, thatā€™s one way to show you donā€™t queue for anything challenging.

1 Like