Aug starting at level 10 doesn't work blizz

So starting as Aug in remix at level 10 brought up some really obvious flaws. One of which is that starting out Aug feels extremely slow and very low damage. I think this is due to a couple issues.

The first is that being such low level and lack of stats to make casting much smoother. Spells are very slow to get off. And they don’t hit that hard. Maybe something could be done for lower level stat weights before you hit max level.

Another aspect is the fact that you don’t have a lot of talents to help keep ebon might and your other buffs up more often. You’re painfully aware of how weak you are when ebon might isn’t up. It’s night and day difference. I’m not sure what can be done to help alleviate this though. Maybe some other evokers have an idea or two.

The best thing to do is simply switch to devastation or preservation

It feels like this at level 70 with bis gear in open world content, lol. It’s not going to be magically better in mop remix.

The spec literally exists to leech damage from the specs they’re buffing. They’re going to feel awful in remix leveling/solo. You would literally kill things faster as pres.

You’re massively hamstringing yourself by trying to stubbornly level in the spec when dev obliterates things and you can easily transition to Aug in group content.

I don’t believe you two are understanding what the thread is supposed to accomplish. Blizzard has made it so Aug can be played at level 10 starting out. What I’m trying to do is to get blizz to make adjustments so that it feels better leveling up.

Just because it feels a “certain way” at level 70 or because “devastation is much quicker” doesn’t solve the problem of why aug isn’t designed properly to play at very low levels. This is all something blizzard can and should fix ahead of time. This is the perfect setting to get feedback for when War Within launches and new evokers start out at 10.

3 Likes

I think the problem is simply because Aug is not a pure DPS class, but rather a support one, you won’t see its use when carrying out activities in the open world, this is true even for the maximum lvl. It’s the same as trying to compare playing in the open world as a tank or healer, you can, but it will be less efficient.

1 Like

It’s no different than how it feels from 58-70 now.

I don’t disagree that they could change ebon might to have extra power if you’re ungrouped or something, but at the end of the day it’s a support buff class–it’s not intended to be strong in solo play any more than a tank or healer would be vs a dps.

Basically this.

No, we all understand. We’re trying to get you to understand Blizz isn’t going to do some overhaul to Aug for a limited time event. Switch to Dev and blow up the quest mobs, or don’t, but whining about this is silly.

1 Like

Aug is not intended to be a solo spec or a replacement for an actual DPS spec. It’s a support spec.

Either switch to Devastation, level by queuing dungeons, or continue suffering. Those are your choices.

No one is “whining” here. And this isn’t about the limited time event. If you had read the original post, you’d have seen the part where it says evokers will be switched to leveling starting at ten. This is the crux as to why aug feels sluggish leveling.

Its important for them to get feedback early on so that corrections and improvements can be made. Negative nancys and handwaving replies stating “just go dev or shut up” won’t help anyone.

1 Like

Short of giving Aug a massive damage boost while not grouped, I doubt there’s anything they’ll do considering it’s a full on support spec mostly designed to maintain buff uptime on other classes.

1 Like

A lot of specs feel bad at very low levels, especially Rogues. It is very quick to level though so not a big deal. If you get good tinkers it helps a lot too. I do wish prescience and blistering scales were earlier in the tree though.

1 Like

You think that it took mop remix for them to know the support spec based on buffing others was not great at solo content? :rofl:.

1 Like

Yes, it does feel like a bit of shuffling in the tree would help a LOT with the early leveling damage output.

If only you could just switch to Dev and be done with it…

It really isn’t. Aug leveling normally in Retail is still hilariously slow, because it isn’t intended to be a replacement for Dev in terms of personal DPS. It’s intended to be a support spec from the ground up.

@Merddyn
I get what you’re saying and I think you’re right. I also think Blizz won’t give a hoot. It’s like choosing to level as a tank. It’s not very efficient for solo questing but go for it if that’s your thing. After all, leveling on a spec that you plan on playing a lot is a great way to master the basics and learn it from the ground up. And I totally get wanting to identify as one spec, hell or high water.

1 Like

You probably should have tried leveling as dev then, based on your cold takes on this forum😂.

2 Likes

Worthless as always.

I leveled only to level 19 and stopped because it was too easy. In landscape you 2 shot every mob as Aug… How easy do you want it to be? Maybe at higher levels it becomes too hard idk…

Nothing is hard in remix by design, I’d very much doubt it.