Audio Issues - Can't hear others sounds effects

A lot of people I talk to in dungeons also have this problem, and say that they didn’t notice until I mentioned it.

Something really weird is going on here.

Are there specific dungeons or sections of dungeons that you can replicate this on every time?

Nope, anything that is inside an instance.

BGS.

Raids.

Dungeons.
Any and all. 100% chance replication, every single time, without fail.

No addons.
Reinstalled the game several times.
Updated drivers, rolled back drivers, uninstalled drivers, different audio settings, different speakers entirely.

It seems to be some sort of issue with rendering audio from other players. Not really sure how their netcode works or what/how it’s even possible, but it’s really driving me crazy and making the game very sad to play. It just… feels wrong…

1 Like

Here is an example of the sound I get in a raid setting : https://youtu.be/LSWm8RYvQ6U
And here is an example of the sound I get in an outdoor setting : https://youtu.be/azcznqdJGUY

1 Like

What are your sound settings like? Like how many channels and what’s the buffer size? It’s almost acting like it’s preventing some overload of stacked noises. Like some kind of audio equivalent of the spell density graphical option where it’s reducing non-essential things by some percentage. It could also just be an addon blocking the sounds when you zone into specific areas and that then switches back to default when you go back to the regular world.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Right now I’m using 128 channels with a 128MB cache, but I’ve had this issue for months and I’ve tried every possible combination of sound settings possible. I’ve done the same things as the topic creator has done, including resetting server-side CVARs after having deleted all my local possible troublemakers.

1 Like

I’ve tried every combination of sound settings, audio drivers, out put devices, sound channels, this that and the other thing. No addons at all.

Is it possible that WoW had a sound setting in a previous expansion where you could lower other players’ sounds? I see similar topics to these elsewhere and some of them discuss that option.
It’s no longer available, but maybe it’s stored server side?

If it’s stored serverside, then a /console cvar_default should wipe it.

It’s not and that doesn’t work :frowning:

is there a way to tag support it used to be so easy to submit a ticket and just talk to a gm now we all struggle and get told post on forums… it sucks to be honest. its so hard to get help anymore. i really just wanna not play because everytime i log in i gotta go to my audio settings and turn down the ear cancer… it gets reset every time we log in. its all dialog missing. its not really a sound issue. u dont hear raz in thundering, you dont hear that purple dragon say “MOTHER”. the best you get at that point is the little chat window over their heads. hope that helps explain it a little better :smiley: but idk how people think we have no audio at all… like hello… we search up and down the settings for 2-3 days till we know its not a click of a button. i mean sure theres a few people that struggle but to people who cant read the question the OP had stated "i can hear sound effects. however the instance is silent.

1 Like

i did finally make a ticket and they did say it is a bug and something may be getting fixed. it’s not all the time that the dialog is absent. i’ve had better luck running blizzard as administrator and launching wow. still have to adjust ambient to 20-30 every time but i think its working more often

They told me to completely wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything on my computer.

Not going to happen. It’s not a “me” problem. It’s the game.

3 Likes

Still have this issue.

Same here.

I am just going to quit the game. They aren’t fixing it.

Did anyone get it fixed? Mine just started a few days ago but it only happens when I’m on coms… if I’m alone it’s fine.

no nothing yet

Still broken. Likely the last post I’ll make as my account will expire in 2 days and I will not be renewing because of this.

Blizzard, feel free to email me when you fix this.

also having this issue still

2 Likes

Did they fix this yet?