Audio broken

Can’t hear anything in dungeons/raids. The only thing I can hear is myself, and occasionally the enemies.

Have tried resetting UI. Deleting Cache/WTF/Interface folders.
All drivers updated, changed audio settings, using 3 different audio outputs.
It totally ruins the experience.

I’ve tried reverb on/off, distance filtering on/off, various levels of audio channels.
There are no non-essential startup apps that currently are running or starting, as far as I am aware.

This didn’t used to happen before the Dragonflight Pre Patch update.

I am not using a splitter of any kind, no.
I have got new speakers, using Optical connection instead of Aux, no difference.
I am currently using DX12 API.
I do not have any audio modifications in my sound settings.

I can hear my own spells, enemy spells, and ambient effects, but I cannot hear anything from other players. It’s really weird.

So it only seems to happen when I’m in a dungeon/raid.
My own sound effects are about 5 times louder than anyone elses, regardless of audio settings/distance filters/etc. It doesn’t make sense.

When I’m in a dungeon/raid, I cannot hear their effect pretty much at all. Even if I just stand there doing nothing and try to listen, there’s almost nothing.

I literally just completely reset my entire game. There were no addons at all during this time.
I then selectively downloaded and installed addons one by one and noted the changes in audio during this time.
There were not any changes to any sounds during the installation/enabling of any addons.
No addon had any effect on the audio output.

I have absolutely no idea what could be going on here. My friends in discord can hear everything just fine. It’s so depressing, I don’t understand.

Still am having the same problems.

Oh, also, there were no errors or anything from the windows memory diagnostics.

This ticket was marked as Need More Info. Please provide the requested information.

I’ve already done this several times. It does nothing unfortunately.
I’m at my wits end at this point, it’ so maddening to not hear sound effects.

Still having the same issue here.

There is still no audio from other players in instanced content.

Same here and for others: Audio Issues - Can't hear others sounds effects - #17 by Ihatetrance-malfurion

There’s a number of us with this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.