Audio Issues - Can't hear others sounds effects

It’s not and that doesn’t work :frowning:

is there a way to tag support it used to be so easy to submit a ticket and just talk to a gm now we all struggle and get told post on forums… it sucks to be honest. its so hard to get help anymore. i really just wanna not play because everytime i log in i gotta go to my audio settings and turn down the ear cancer… it gets reset every time we log in. its all dialog missing. its not really a sound issue. u dont hear raz in thundering, you dont hear that purple dragon say “MOTHER”. the best you get at that point is the little chat window over their heads. hope that helps explain it a little better :smiley: but idk how people think we have no audio at all… like hello… we search up and down the settings for 2-3 days till we know its not a click of a button. i mean sure theres a few people that struggle but to people who cant read the question the OP had stated "i can hear sound effects. however the instance is silent.

1 Like

i did finally make a ticket and they did say it is a bug and something may be getting fixed. it’s not all the time that the dialog is absent. i’ve had better luck running blizzard as administrator and launching wow. still have to adjust ambient to 20-30 every time but i think its working more often

They told me to completely wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything on my computer.

Not going to happen. It’s not a “me” problem. It’s the game.

3 Likes

Still have this issue.

Same here.

I am just going to quit the game. They aren’t fixing it.

Did anyone get it fixed? Mine just started a few days ago but it only happens when I’m on coms… if I’m alone it’s fine.

no nothing yet

Still broken. Likely the last post I’ll make as my account will expire in 2 days and I will not be renewing because of this.

Blizzard, feel free to email me when you fix this.

also having this issue still

2 Likes

Did they fix this yet?

Issue is still present. Seems even worse in Aberrus.

Still not fixed.

Still an issue.

For anyone new to this thread who may not understand the specific sound issues going on.

Sound that IS ENABLED:

• My spells and abilities
  • Spells and abilities happening to me from others (ex. Heals casts on me)
  • In game music

Sound that IS NOT ENABLED:

• Party and raid spells and abilities happening to others (Ex. Heals cast by others on others, activation of cooldowns)

This is a very specific muting of the sounds of other mobs and players IN INSTANCES ONLY, which makes it feel as if one is playing the game alone. This muting does NOT OCCUR in open world.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue, exact same way. My Audio is fine, npcs audio is coming in fine, as are buffs applied to me, and npc dialog. But other players sounds are non existent, which makes the experience seem rather oddly quiet.

Wow, I told my friends that I’m having this audio issue of not hearing other individuals in raids. They haven’t played the game in years along with I and they told me it’s supposed to be like that. I KNEW they were wrong and I’m glad people are experiencing this issue, I feel isolated in game and it is tragic. It greatly detracts from the game. Where is the fix Blizzard!

What are the odds it’s our specific computer models? I have a Lenovo Legion 5i from 2022 with a 3070 RTX with a Ryzen 7 6800H.

Highly doubt it. AMD/AMD here.

The thing that most convinces me that this is exclusively on Blizzard’s side is the fact that this muting only occurs in instances.

In open world, such as world bosses, I can hear everything fine, from the Warrior Execute spam to the Hunter Kill Command spam.

Wow, I guess Blizzard may not care at all then, as this thread is huge. It’s honestly a tragedy. The quality of the gameplay drops dramatically without hearing others in a dungeon :frowning:.

1 Like

Nvidia 3080 and an R9 5600k cpu.

I’ve tried everything and nothing has fixed it.

Blizzard doesn’t care.