Auction or Sell greens?

Have been collecting just green item for most of the expansion, of various levels, and tried putting them on the AH, but they never seem to sell.

It just seems to coast more to play the AH than to just vendor them. So, what would be the smart direction?

If you haven’t been able to auction them this entire expansion then just disenchant or vendor them.

8 Likes

if its a nice appearance sell on ah if not de it and sell the mats on the ah

2 Likes

This. Learn the transmogs you need, then nuke them.

The transmog market is VERY tight. You’ll be lucky to make much out of it.

I vendor mine because I don’t want to deal with the AH :man_shrugging: The only time I put stuff on the AH is if I believe it will 100% sell (mostly current content mats) and if by some chance it doesn’t sell I vendor it :rofl:

1 Like

Auction! I always love to find a BoE when I’m trying to get a transmog for my character. And that person will love you back!

Very disappointing when the one I want isn’t listed.

2 Likes

Only issue I have had is some seller price their BoE way too much, and I am worried if I drop the price too much they will just buy them out then repost at a higher price.

You know that does mean that your item sold, and you got more out of it than the vendor value.

2 Likes

But if that happens then you have made a sale. Maybe not the maximum possible gold you could have made, but still more than vendor value (I hope).

Just wanted to say the all white Worgen pirate thing you have going is pretty great.

1 Like

I just hate re-sellers flipping items then trying to make it that their over priced items are the only option.

Vendor or DE yourself at this point
Chances of you selling greens at this point are rather slim

Use the scrapper for all cloth gear, vendor the rest. Cloth gear nets you Deep Sea Satin which is used for the 30 and 32 slot bags. Then sell the satin on the AH so I can buy it off of you.

People that successfully play the transmog market do a huge amount of volume and sell only a small percentage of what they post. Tough way to make money IMO.

Reagents on the other hand can be quite lucrative and tend to be easier to move.

1 Like

i disenchant them when they vendor for less than 13g, or if i really need more than just gloom dust

I disenchant my greens, unless they are a kool looking piece of gear then I’ll send it to the right class toon to learn for a future mog.

depends how much TSM says they’re worth, i usually don’t bother with anything worth less than 500g they can take awhile to move but most eventually do, even while continuously running still i started with about 1000 greens and think I’m still around that after year or so of farming/selling

I post way below whatever the selling price to get rid of it. If the person that buys it is going to relist… so what? It’s not my problem any more. :slight_smile:

I price higher than what I’d get from the vendor and call it good. If my bank alt has too much stuff in the mailbox I just start vendoring stuff or disenchanting it.

Why did I just imagine you standing in the alley by the AH

hey, hey you, yeah you going into the AH. You got any of that deepsea satin? With me you don’t need to pay the AH fee. I’ll buy all of it right now.

And then you slide back into the shadows.

I learn any that I don’t have. If it’s BFA greens I put them through the decombobulator thing (or DE them on my enchanter), otherwise I just vendor them. I only bother AH’ing blues and purples, and even then it’s just gear that can be transmogged. Necks and rings just get vendored.