Auction House Performance Issue - Updated September 1

So I’ve seen a lot of chatter online about what may or may not be causing this and it only grows because the problem has been so persistent. I don’t understand enough about how things like that work on the back end to form an opinion but it seems to be a lot of consensus that various addons and third party software which allows for all sorts of actions that aren’t possible normally like buying, selling, and listing items very rapidly and with minimal inputs bordering on the fully automated.

I don’t know if any of that is true or even possible (because I use the bare minimum of addons needed to augment WoW inefficient native UI) but I have seen with my own eyes materials flipping at the blink of an eye at speeds I’ve never witnessed before. If there is any truth to that it really should be looked at even though there is a concerted effort from the folks using these addons to push back against it, whether for fear their use might be banned or because they know for a fact it’s not the addons’ fault I couldn’t say. Still, something is the culprit and whatever it is it needs to be rooted out.

Blizz should run a week long test of no AH addons and see if it improves the AH function. If it does improve the AH then do a hard ban on AH addons.

As the post you copied states, “As I’ve been hearing so much recently about”.

But my posts later on, using deductive reasoning, point to a plausibility and that it is indeed a “Rumor” that I’ve been hearing. Sadly, the illusory truth effect kinda sucks.

As others have pointed out, this is indeed a misconception of the Addon, as it still requires human interaction, just like any other person using the AH. *Again, I have no first hand knowledge of how this addon actually works, or what it does. I can only go off what others say or tell.

1 Like

What is going on with vanishing items when posting to AH? I’m missing two patterns worth over 1.5mil at the time and they are nowhere to be found. I posted them yesterday when the AH started acting up.

There are issues as of yesterday that I am aware of where items are disappearing off the auction house while trying to post them. They are not sold, they are not in the mail. The auction listing was 12 hours and it’s been over 24 hours and nothing has showed up in the mail.

All addons turned off, UI reset. It’s not a UI issues.

I put in a ticket and got a generic response and my issue was not resolved.

2 Likes

I think its odd that people are defending TSM and other auction addons. You can make a lot of gold without abusing the AH. You don’t need to make 5 tokens a month. One or two tokens a month is plenty.

2 Likes

They don’t, they don’t know anything actually.
But it won’t stop them from inventing something simple that’s causing the problem so they can offer a solution and feel like a genius.

3 Likes

easy: disable TSM and add cooldown for canceling and relisting items.

DISABLE AH ADDONS.

will you do this? No.

There is a throttle on TSM.
This issue I doubt is TSM related.

The main purpose of TSM is crafting and selling thus the name TradeSkillMaster. Just possible to craft without a sophisticated addon, but players wouldn’t like the result of there were no such addons.

Meanwhile I have no idea what “abusing the AH” means. What does it mean?

how bout we limit the actions of a certain cough TSM and the AH won’t be so miserable to put things on.

2 Likes

I hope the issue is people cancelling and relisting auctions.

One day you all will learn that the best approach to nuke this degenerate behavior is for a cancelled auction to take 24 hours to return the item. Sell it for a price you are comfortable making and leave it the eff alone.

FFXIV only allows you to post a limited number of items on their market board without addons. I think that is the best solution for WoW.

Also FFXIV doesn’t have a token system. Maybe WoW can figure out how to phase the token out?

People are botting WoW’s AH for tokens to use on Hearthstone and Diablo Immortal. Have the WoW token be only usable on WoW stuff or game time at least.

1 Like

Again, can any of you actually provide any evidence that TSM is responsible for the lag?

4 Likes

sigh.

TSM again, has been in operation FOR YEARS without degrading the AH.

again what makes you people think this is on TSM and not something else?

4 Likes

It has, but obviously, something has changed with how requests work somehow with the AH. Flooding it with requests, with how TSM works, is likely one of the main culprits why its so miserable right now.

it’s alright when most people are at work but as soon as primetime comes around, it slows to a crawl and hardly worth using if you dont have said addon or something similar.

2 Likes

This ^ is a real problem. I truly believe blizzard DGAD. With professions overly and ridiculous over engineered to sell tokens, they want mats and consumables very expensive.

1 Like

seems weird to acknowledge this while also contributing to it by spreading it further

1 Like

The AH botting has gotten a lot worse in DF. Blizz refuses to auto ban people who abuse the cancel auction function.

The AH wasn’t bad in DF because a lot of player quit in SL and didn’t return for DF. This expansion has brought in more returning players. The AH is being hammered from bots and legit players.

1 Like

More like the new architecture of the shared ah. Its the first time this is now tested on a launch scenario and it was slow before when it came out.

1 Like

I think thats a UI issue on Blizz’s end or the ah is just slow to update. Ive turned off all adons and they’re still gone. Its definitely Blizzxs fault. I had this happen with many sales this week but eventually I got all the gold or items back in the mail.

Ive had cancelled auctions dissappear too but also got them back eventually.

1 Like