Auction House Performance Issue - Updated September 1

I don’t know? It doesn’t matter though.

This is a very easy problem to fix.

Once you post an item, you cannot unpost it.
Have a warning window.

1 Like

Please Please Please Please Please PLEASE -

Please let players select to buy from the row that has 17,023 available items at the correct and sensible price… and thus allowing everyone to ignore the 4-5 rows above where the bots/scammers are listing 3 items for 1s

PLEASE - OR BAN AH ADDONS.

5 Likes

Why are cancels a “problem”? Again, this mystifies me.

Ummm, it works that way already?

As you enter your quantity, the list of auctions will update with highlighting to indicate what will be required to fulfill your order. There is also a “price has been updated to the cheapest available” dialog that may show up.

Please let players select to buy from the row that has 17,023 available items at the correct and sensible price… and thus allowing everyone to ignore the 4-5 rows above where the bots/scammers are listing 3 items for 1s

PLEASE - OR BAN AH ADDONS.

2 Likes

I hope this disastrous launch can help the next expansion.

Suggestion: Warbank + Not Sharing Trade Goods Region Wide

Blizz needs to ban all addons. This will make the game more accessible to new players.

When a new player joins the first thing they shouldn’t have to deal with is downloading a bunch of addons.

I would like to watch the race to world’s first without weak auras and DBM. Blizz can adjust the difficulty of mythic raids in which they can be done without 40 weak auras and DBM.

Its not TSM. TSM has been around forever and it’s never caused these issues. Its most likely bots although im no expert.

Ive made a lot of gold sniping the AH this week and the times between an item being listed and purchased are humanly impossible. I dont use tsm but i do use a normal sniping addon that requires me to watch and monitor and click buy and even that addon cant keep with these milliseconds between listing and purchase. Ive spent hours and hours just watching transactions this week and Ive never seen anything like it. Its nuts right now.

1 Like

“Degraded performance issue” is an interesting way of saying completely broken.

3 Likes

Because there are undetected sniperbots using lua unlockers.

1 Like

Please let players select to buy from the row that has 17,023 available items at the correct and sensible price… and thus allowing everyone to ignore the 4-5 rows above where the bots/scammers are listing 3 items for 1s.

The fact that those items are never there is causing this issue.

Just let everyone ignore those baits and buy our cloth and basically beef items!!!

3 Likes

They’re not, though. There are 100s-1000s of people with AH windows open in the 80-ish US realms, all pointed at commodities. It’s going to be lively. You would expect several posts and buys per second, or 10s per second, for a popular commodity.

Blizz should auto banned people who post like a bot. Put it in the EULA. This will not hurt legit players but only bots and mega goblins.

2 Likes

It is simple… It is the turn over bots and TSM. You need to break the AH addons.

3 Likes

So I haven’t seen this as often before, is this just ‘new expansion’, every time I try to buy some reagents I get… ‘that’s no longer available’ over and over again? Is this a ‘error’ or is it just par for the course right now?

Breaking the AH addons isn’t enough.

They need to start banning lua unlockers and screen clickers more.

2 Likes

Nope.

TSM can be regulated easily enough without locking down the entire API. Plenty of solid addons need API access.

do you have any evidence, like at all, to support this? or is this just another “i heard from somebody” thing?

2 Likes

All of these addons provide information. They don’t commit any actions.

TSM posts and cancels auctions. Not at all the same as the others.

I would consider TSM more akin to botting than the information display addons.

2 Likes