Auction House Performance Issue - Updated September 1

idc about the AH either way its just funny people acting as if isnt their fault for things

I just go hard at the start of the expansion and then im set for the rest of it. I don’t really care about making long term gold, what am I exactly going to do with 15+ million gold other than spend it on an obvious gold sink anyways?

I dunno, I could blow out basically any market right now, even region wide, but I would rather have gold making be a part of my gameplay, side game I guess, than just be a d bag. But hey, you do you.

Wait I don’t follow how am I exactly a d bag LMAO.

Microsoft needs to upgrade all of WoW’s servers. The servers still run on Windows XP

Have you not followed the million threads on people sniping stuff posted by accident when people bait with 50% value on commodities? Not exactly great behavior. It’s a game and I dont actually care but yea, i choose to not participate.

Maybe XP is the greatest OS ever, I’ve been to stores that use XP to manage their register and invoices… or maybe XP is easiest one to pirate.

Is it safe to post thing on the AH at this time? I see some goods posted but it’s only a tiny fraction of what I usually see.

Fix the god damn undercutting sniper bots while you’re at it.

2 Likes

Blaming an addon for disrupting a billion dollar server is wild.

5 Likes

It couldn’t be easier to sell at a legit price with the default UI. It’s ideal for it.

Here is the process, assuming you’re selling one of these new trade goods that people are complaining about.

• Open standard AH UI.
  • Right-click item/stack you want to sell. The “Sell” tab will open.
  • Look at the “Unit Price” list. You will see some cheap listings of small quantities, then you will see a big number of listings at some higher price. That is the price to sell at. You do not need to undercut, as your auction goes in the front of the queue to sell, not the back.
  • Click that listing – the cheapest listing that has a large number of auctions. (Like, 10,000 instead of 12.) That will set the sale price to the price in that listing. Now click “Create Auction.”

So:

• Click
  • Click
  • Click
  • Click
  • done

Cheers :beers:

2 Likes

I mean LOIC was a free piece of software used to DDOS people for close to a decade sooooo.

So, it works just as it did last week, last month, and 15 years ago? So, why aren’t there as many items posted on the AH now?

What do you mean there aren’t as many items posted now? What kind of items?Transmog? Trade goods?

For example, Cooper ore. Normally I would see pages of listings of all different prices and quantities and now I only see like 10 different prices. It just looks…weird. Perhaps it’s the server I’m on? I thought the AH showed (for example) ALL the Americas servers combined when looking at commodities such as copper ore.

because as we ALL know trade goods are the ONLY THING that are sold on the auction house.

I like the proposal of a 4 hour CD on cancellations. An alternative is that you get 10 minutes to cancel.

Yesterday, someone proposed making all AH purchases Bind on Warband. I think that’s worth considering.

1 Like

I believe that prices that are very close to each other are merged in the list.

That would explain it but it sent that a new thing?

Cancels are so slow and time-consuming that IMO there is absolutely no point in doing them.

Generally speaking, finding a reasonable price that a good will sell at is not a hard project. A cancel is worthwhile only if you need the gold now AND you made a pricing error.