Auction house changes, yay or nah?

Have you actually every used TSM? It doesn’t automate any more than DBM, WeakAuras, or a large variety of addons. You still have to send a click or keypress for each and every post and cancel.

3 Likes

With how he replies. He hasn’t. He doesn’t have a clue.

2 Likes

It sure does. People would not be posting 1000s of different items a day without using an addon. Things that take 2hours to do without an addon can be done in less than 5 minutes with an addon.

1 Like

I 100% posted as many items as i do now long before i used Auctioneer or TSM. And again let’s stop making this about addons, they are 100% free and 100% accessible to anyone to use so they do not provide any advantage that every player cannot just as freely and easily obtain.

7 Likes

I did before I used TSM

1 Like

It is about addons - 100% about addons. You wouldn’t be defending addons if they weren’t saving you tons of time. And no not everyone can use addons.

And I don’t believe you posted 1000s of different items before without an addon.

2 Likes

You can choose to believe or not that is your priority. Everyone can use addons, literally everyone there is no restriction on using addons for one player over another and it is against the ToS to sell addons. If the problem was addons blizzard would have removed the API that allows addons to work with the AH. Instead they throttled AH operations, which means they either believe that it is unfair to put in the work to create an large inventory and sell it or the AH under what has been normal AH usage for more than a decade is too expensive for them to run in IRL terms and they’re trying to reduce those costs. It’s possible that some other motivation exists but since they won’t be up front and honest about it we just have to guess.

3 Likes

The problem is addons but blizzard knows this forum would burn if they broke them, but everything else is just a bandage fix that really doesn’t solve the problem and hurts more people than it helps.

And no not everyone can use addons because their computers can’t handle these addons and/or they just aren’t capable of setting up addons.

In any case, I am not sure why you are arguing this when blizzard actually said it was the problem.

The players who generate all of the AH traffic are using addon-driven automation to gain a competitive economic advantage over other players, in addition to the increasing strain on the game service. Neither of these things is good for the game as a whole.

1 Like

The only addon i have enabled on my bank toon is TSM, any computer that can run WoW in a city at a playable level can do that. If you are not capable of setting up the addon you’re not capable of competing on the AH to begin with so that’s a completely moot point.

And yes I am saying that blizzard is lying about their reasons. They have full control to disable what the AH addons do without affecting any other addon in the game and chose not to their problem isn’t with addons or they would stop working just as blizzard has removed functionality they didn’t like in other addons before.

4 Likes

This actually isn’t true.

1 Like

You can run it on literally any potato in a city on low graphics with TSM running. How about you try it on a crap tier netbook like me hahahahaha

1 Like

If you can’t run TSM or Auctioneer you don’t have a computer capable of running a 5-man dungeon or walking through a populated city without lag. And if you can’t run a 5 man or walk through a populated city you certainly can’t use the AH even without addons.

I must apologize, there is one case where a computer that can run wow can’t run addons, if your hard drive is so full it won’t fit, in which case you’ll encounter huge lag problems from defragmentation anyway so i guess my point still stands.

2 Likes

This is a terrible solution. There are legitimate reasons for cancelling auctions. I always every day cancel some because they have less than a hour left on them and I don’t plan on being back on in an hour when they expire.

I have no idea why you are making changes based on the feedback of a tiny group of people who are posting in a certain manner.

I agree the cancel and repost business to put your item first to be bought isn’t a good system, however, there are many other ways of fixing that. Specificially, I would like to see an exception made for auctions that are due to expire in under an hour because it isn’t going to be fun just waiting around for the auctions to expire now.

I personally wish you would just fix the real issue which is TSM.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more Eviveen

FIFO didn’t do anything - it is literally no difference than undercutting by 1c. And the goblins won’t have much of an issue with any of these changes if they are selling xmog because it is easy enough for them to post on multiple accounts. Plus I am not sure you actually read all the blue posts in this thread because they already made changes so this mostly just affects the cancelling of auctions.

The deposit fees for transmog making the cancelling and reposting multiple times because of FIFO impractical anyway.

4 Likes

Are they? I don’t see how these changes will stop the farming of old content for transmog to sell.

It makes most people who farm them not want to sell anymore cause it’s a real pain to try and actually sell them.

Not being able to undercut properly means more posting for no gain which means less insentive to farm it in the first place

1 Like

Wait and see. You all think you know yet we are the people that run the AH and because of this, I know whats gonna happen. Its pretty simple reduced stock = less competitors = increase prices. Now dont get me wrong you wont see this change overnight but its coming and you have been warned. If you want an xmog i would purchase it now, as prices will increase in a few weeks. And yes it wont stop some people from farming this and that, but without “goblins” in that category the prices will raise. Its simple economics, and yet blizzard has overlooked this with their rash decision.
( go check this with your hired “economist” blizzard i bet they say im right)

Less competitors which is essentially what blizzard is doing here( reducing individuals stock) will cause less available … less available… will demand higher prices. DUH.

1 Like

That hasn’t been my experience at all. When I find rare transmog drops, there usually isn’t a ton of them on the AH. Problem is people not buying them more than sellers jockeying for position.

I don’t think all of the goblins are the ones who are supplying everything. They just have the gold (and addons) to flip them. If the AH is easier to jump into for the average person, maybe it will boost participation across a larger group rather than concentrating the activity in a few?

@ Xianwae

First off what your claiming , is serve dependent and item dependent. Each server is different but the calculations remain the same… less available with same demand = higher prices… This is going to happen if you like it or not. Argue all you like but its simple supply and demand.

On top of all of this your not going to see this “shift” if prices overnight. Alot of people are holding onto that blizzard still may revert this god awful change, so they haven’t changed nothing yet. Give it a few weeks/ month, you will see higher prices and less stock on the AH period, which is NEVER a good thing for anyone including you xianwae…

1 Like