Auction house changes, yay or nah?

That’s awesome to hear. Honestly love seeing posts like this. I’m super proud ^.^

2 Likes

I’ll copy and paste what I said on another post…

"A lot of people on the forums are saying people who are constantly reposting hundreds of items to undercut the newest posts are the issue. Especially the ones that get into undercut wars that last until someone gives up or gets bought out.
So my idea is this:

I feel like in order to combat that, perhaps there should be a time limit on when you can cancel and repost.
Canceling - no limit. Do it whenever.
Reposting after canceling - 30 minutes (like the deserter debuff)"

Constantly undercutting people is bogus. It shouldn’t be so easy and I applaud leaving in the cancel throttle.

7 Likes

Easiest way to stop cancel bots is to make it so you have to wait 30 minutes or an hour to receive the item back to you. That way if you do make a mistake you can correct it but if all you do is continually cancel scan your items will never be up.

14 Likes

That’s a good idea, too.

1 Like

Problem is that can easily be worked around by holding a bigger reserve of items, at least on materials as opposed to things like transmog.

3 Likes

Nah, then you just buy the item on an alt and you don’t have to wait. I think you shouldn’t be able to cancel for some time after posting. Just check your numbers before you post, and if you make a mistake, well accept it like an adult.

3 Likes

If you buy the item you need to cancel on an alt… How would you make money?

It was these very cancel scans that were causing the issues in the first place (and just being generally frustrating to players trying to sell trade goods in general).

That being said, my evening posting routing felt just fine.

Cancel scanning on trade goods would be a waste of time and money against someone with a large stock, it’s more of a problem with mogs and such.

2 Likes

Already caved. On my main’s tiny server,there is a dude who completely runs the auctionhouse via bot and makes it impossible for anyone to buy anything other than his guild. he sells to them separately and kills the server economy for everyone else listing thousands of things at a time. you guys allow it and shouldnt.

2 Likes

Some feedback. I typically relist my auctions once a day while I’m getting my morning caffine and breakfast. Some days I wake up later than others. I would normally on the following day simply cancel all of my auctions and relist them when I wake up.
A potential to look into if this behavior fits within your end goal could be a function to cancel all auctions and on something like a 20 hour cooldown (on a per character basis). It could possibly even be written in a such a way that it results in fewer CPU cycles or at a lower priority queue so as to have less impact on the server.

7 Likes

Another idea would be to instead of putting a time on receiving mail from cancelling things… is to only allow individual items to be cancelled once per day.

This would allow you to still repost if you are undercut while NOT allowing you to camp the AH and undercut people over and over as they post things… it would solve the reposting issue as you would not be able to cancel posts more than once per day… and the only way to get around it would be to just have a ton of extra items of that item which still makes it possible to somewhat camp the item market without being too ridiculous like camping enchants on reset day.

4 Likes

Good job. The AH is now usable again.

Never do something like this again. Please. For the love of Elune.

6 Likes

omg ty ty ty ty lol… all i want to do is my daily posting this helps so much

1 Like

Thank you very much for the change, I don’t ever do cancel scans on my 300-500 auctions because everything sells eventually on Mal’ganis anyway! Much appreciated that the throttle has been raised and I can again post items without an additional hour of my day!

1 Like

Now this, I think we can live with. People who want to cancel can still cancel, but the slowdown should help a bit with those who hate the cancel scanners.

(And the rest of us can continue life as normal…thank goodness.)

2 Likes

I doubt you’d refuse to undercut for 1c if each FIFO layer started over at the given price.

Because, y’know, that’s basically the system we had before - it just didn’t aggregate each layer together.

You’re literally just advocating for returning the AH to the way it was, which was also bad.

2 Likes

this SEEMS better…so far, thank you for your consideration and after using this for about a week you might have my resub. will continue to provide feedback until then on issues that may arise…i am optimistic.

2 Likes

You disabled snipping, would it not make sense to shut down the cancel scan part of the add-on as well - since that seems to be the pain point?

Thank you for listening, Blizz. Please consider working with Sapy to lighten the load TSM puts on the servers. In a perfect world you could work together so that those of us who enjoy the gold-making aspect of the game can continue to do so as unhindered as possible while simultaneously not exerting much stress on your servers.(:

9 Likes