Auction House botting

Hello,

I’m not sure where else to post. I’ve been single clicking all the bot farmers and reporting in game, and have sent emails of the bot characters to hacks@blizzard.

The location is in the Shrine of the Seven Stars engineering AH area (ally side, 57,50 coords). There are on average, 3-5 separate level 10 clone characters stacked together with a cycle of logging in different characters from different clusters every 15min or so.

I have tried contacting them, no response, movements are minimal since the mailbox is close to the AH npc, but still tight knit, and they are in the location 24/7.

This came to my attention when two separate characters simultaneously post on my server (Sen’jin) and it became impossible to sell any items with the 15min refresh upkeep. I investigated further even until 5am, and they are 24/7 with newly created characters at level 10 every 2-3 days (always alliance).

I’ve been around since vanilla and have never seen anything as intricate as this, as they run every high demand BOE item on multiple servers. It could have been happening for years, but I’ve only noticed it since Dragonflight season 2.

Any assistance in the matter is appreciated as it is destroying the local in game economy. If anyone believes it could just be a goblin racking in the $, I invite you to check out the following servers: Sen’jin, Proudmoore, Hyjal, Tichondrius and Draka, and have a closer look for yourselves if you do not believe me.

Cheers and thanks for your time.

6 Likes

could just be a boxer…

yeah, I ignore whispers just to make someone nuts lol…thats not proof.

really?
so you sit there 24 hours a day watching them to make sure they dont leave?
sounds fishy. lol

report and move on…if it IS actually bots bliz will deal with it. Nothing we can do here.

3 Likes

You’ve done all you can do, as you did say this:

1 Like

There’s like 3 different groups of hyperspawn farming bots down in Azure Span today. They’re using the same hyperspawn areas that existed way back at launch in 2022.

There’s just no effort with the anti-cheat it seems.

I put a few toys down and they glitch out until they die from not attacking mobs after 10 minutes. Always funny to see them infinite loop pet taivan or get stuck sitting on a cushion toy.

I can tell there’s a bot operator that comes in every 30 minutes to “fix” their bots. It’s very blatantly bots running using premade attack pattern scripts on a timer, and not following one click one action policy on top (so no, don’t even use the multiboxer “mouseover/scrollover” trick excuse here).

I had to make support tickets as I can 100% tell during those 30 minute intervals the bot operator checks in and mass counter reports (bots get emergency stopped and only one toon finally moves like a real person for a split second to target people who reported their bot fleet).

7 Likes

They aren’t bots. That’s why

Sure not the ones I’ve run into, I can say that for 100% fact.

I’m sure there are real multibox hyperspawn farm groups, but the ones im running into run all in sync with scripted rotations and don’t respect 1 click 1 action, and bot glitch out. If you follow their tab targeting or how they handle toys you can see they’re unattended bots simply operated by 1 person.

It takes them a good chunk of time before they come back from whatever they were doing irl to “fix” their bots.

1 Like

The botting situation is absolutely out of control in general. Org on Area 52 is literally flooded with bots and most of the time there’s more bots than there is legitimate players. It’s all troll hunters or pandaren dks sitting in corners spamming chat. You can turn on mentor mode and see the new player murloc icon and see them flooding everywhere hiding behind buildings all around org and they’re very blatantly not actually new players. My mailbox is flooded with “Thank you for reporting” messages but obviously they just make 20 new accounts and go right back lol.

3 Likes

There needs to be a bot bounty hunter system😀

8 Likes

Like that guy on the South Park Episode ~ Make Love Not Warcraft

1 Like

Blizzard tends to ban in waves after they figure out how to detect such things. That said, they do tend to wait a bit long to get that done.

Yeah they have throw away accounts, having all low level characters wouldn’t matter especially when their account has 0 game progression.

It doesn’t matter how.many times an account banishes, they’ll just keep making more throw away accounts.

You just described why ban waves don’t work.

Need trust factor to gatekeep throwaway accounts out of global chats, ah, and professions.

Then add an aggressive anti-cheat on top to ban live, rather than once every half a year, well after all the gold has been moved and the damage has already been done.

This is a battle you can’t exactly win. Bots have been running amok in popular games throughout the decades.

Makes me wonder if those bots in Runescape 2 are still picking flax… or world hopping for runite ore…

1 Like

They’re extremely low effort bots.

The entry bar hasn’t been raised high enough, it’s still script kiddie stuff you find on github waltzing in.

It’s way more than GitHub. WAAAAY more. Deepweb more.

im aware, but im letting you know theres bots out there using open source stuff not getting banned.

That’s an extremely low bar that any anti-cheat should be thanos snapping.

1 Like

I wish they would just say…“Hes there every single time Im there”
At least that would sound more believable than claiming hes there 24 hours a day. lol.
Though to me, it sounds more like a boxer than a bot.
Bots dont need to box…and of all the bots I have seen, NONE of them were in a big pack. They were all moving independently…just weird movements that real players wouldnt make.

The OPs case sounds like a boxer who for some reason hits the AH a lot with all his characters.

I mean, it does feel like some detail is missing from the story. So I’ll wait to draw any firm conclusions.

I don’t doubt he’s a boxer running a botting program.

Youre looking at the higher quality bots that can react on their own then. The ones I’m seeing plague WoW just AoE spam and go through pre-determined rotations as they’re simply just advanced scripts. You can glitch them as they cannot determine they clicked on a toy instead of loot from a corpse.

Many people like to play innocent and say they’re regular multiboxers, but there are very easy and immediate methods to check, as per listed in prior comments already some of them.

thats my point…likely not a bot at all.
MOST of the time when people come in here posting about bots, what they end up describing is multiboxers.
If the characters are all hanging in a pack…its 99% a boxer, not bots.