At this point it just seems like passive aggressiveness

At that point, this is a playstyle you’re imposing yourself isn’t it?

I mean, that is the intent here - to make a time sink.

They can justify & spin it however, but strip away the facade.

… and it’s just about making a time sink.

17 Likes

Portals have been around since BC, when the game was still considered a RPG. If they remove the portals from every other hub and add them to the main cities, you will just have a high amount of players in 2 zones (SW and Orgrimmar) and a bunch of desert old zones.

The game started to feel less and less like an RPG when they started to prune and remove every flavor skill your class used to be, when they started to oversimplify everything leveling, talents, class mechanics, dungeons (to remove other portal hubs fits this one); and we they decided to destroy character progression.

Have you ever seen him going against any of blizzard’s decisions? Bornakk is paid by blizzard, he will not bite the hand that feeds him.

You can consider his statement as correct, but there is something behind this decision that reveals a much bigger problem.

Yep. I personally have some alts parked in from of ZB just to farm mounts when I have free time, the sole thought of moving them between continents just to farm mounts makes me feel uncomfortable.

Exactly. I’ve had multiple alts parked at Onyxia. I would never think about going back and forth to do multiples mount dropping raids. Gotta cut your loss somewhere.

Blizzard has to up our time played somehow.

4 Likes

So…leveling characters don’t need hubs according to you(?) and the devs, apparently. That is contrary to their illusion of density explanation (i.e., funneling players into 1 hub).

But wait, here’s their official explanation:

It’s stupidly inconsistent. So, it’s okay for the world to feel smaller at level cap due to portals, flight whistle, etc; but not okay at every other level that used to have portal hubs. Hubs that would still be relevant for that level cadre. because they want the world to feel bigger.
:roll_eyes:

I realize neither of us will likely have any influence on what the devs do, and sorry if I come off as nitpicking you specifically. It turns out there really is no explanation for removing portals other than to extend travel time.

52 Likes

Maybe they moved them next to the PvP vendors and we’re all just too stupid to find them?

25 Likes

Of course you would. You probably love f2p p2w games, too. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

the odds of the CM actually giving you a genuine response to this are slim to none, but i appreciate the effort.

14 Likes

They do. And they still have one. It having no portals beside org/sw has no bearing on the capacity of a toon to level in that hub’s expansion.

Same. Thinking if Activision Blizzard ignores the mass amounts of feedback for the portal changes, that’s going to be the last straw for this particular camel’s back.

11 Likes

The portals from old expansions are always eventually removed.

Be an Engineer, (Portals to everywhere, though they may have… strange side-effects. My BE Pally really enjoyed that hour she spent as a Dwarven Male!)
Buy a Dalaran Ring, or Jaina’s Locket, get a Fractured Necrolyte Skull (60+) and an Ever Shifting Mirror (100+), and work on some of the Draenor Quests and Reps for the portal stones. Archaeology has a couple as well.

None of my many, many characters ever have trouble porting to where they need to be. And on the upside, Engineering is GREAT! Nitro Boosts and Goblin Gliders. :smiley:

Good Luck! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is what happened with me and the bear tartar changes, instead of playing more and doing more content I’ve just stopped. Blizzard needs to stop removing options from players. It’s maddening.

13 Likes

I never understood why people cried about Spine but omg Emerious or whatever the hell the jerk’s name is drives me insane. I should be able to one shot him, dammit.

Yeah, I just don’t understand why they keep trying to fix stuff that isn’t broken?

Are they just trying to look busy?

I don’t understand how taking portals away, and completely disrupting the travel currently in the game is some how helpful. It’s not, it isn’t helpful at all.

Of all the things they could dump resources into, redesigning the portal system would be at the very bottom of that priority list. It is probably something that should be done in between expansions (new xpack pre patch), and not during an already turbulent time during the current xpack.

21 Likes

I’m visualizing Normercy, the dwarf, doing this and it’s rather amusing. Plate armored dwarf stomping his way to his room and then. I can hear someone yelling, “You better not break another bed throwing yourself on it while wearing armor!” A bit of time goes by and they bring you a mug of ale and ask you what’s wrong.

Wow. I think I thought entirely way too much into that. lol

3 Likes

get a CM to admit it and ill give you a cookie

1 Like

Emerious?

Not sure who that is. The guy with the dragon? Just attack the dragon once it’s active. Even throwing at Ax at it with my warrior works.

No. I really butchered his name but I mean this guy:

3 Likes

Psh he’s not that bad. Just kill as many black ones as you can. Takes like 2 minutes.

1 Like