At least alliance tries to protect civilian casualties

I’m not saying it’s not canon. I’m saying whatever wrongs happened in that storyline were disregarded to push the storyline forward as Blizzard wanted it to. I.e. Gallywix is still their leader.

I haven’t done the Goblin starter zone In a long time. But was Thrall even aware that Gallywix did all those things? I kind of get the vibe Thrall didnt know what was going on and just appointed Gallywix as leader because he had experience being leader.

Well, it’s not like they had the internet or anything to tell them “hey, Garithos just did this awful thing to his own allies!” It was in the middle of Scourge-infested territory, after all, and the surviving Kirin Tor seemed to have at that time temporarily abandoned the ruins of Dalaran, or one would have expected their leaders to be in charge of reclaiming it instead of Garithos, and they’d have gotten in the way of Detheroc mind-controlling his army.

In fact Rommath condemns them for “standing by” and letting Garithos do what he did to Kael’thas and his followers, but frankly the fact that a dreadlord was subsequently able to enslave Garithos and his entire force without any resistance from many of the world’s most powerful surviving mages kind of undermines that premise. Rather, it suggests that the Kirin Tor wasn’t really even meaningfully present and probably rendered unable to intervene at all, likely from being scattered all over and forced into hiding ever since the fall of Dalaran.

So by the time Stormwind and Ironforge got word of his behavior (if they ever explicitly did) weeks or even months would have passed and the events of the Forsaken campaign taken place, by which time he and his army were already dead and the damage already done.

1 Like

By that logic, how did anyone know what the Alliance said on that ship?

Its implied that the “No witnesses” order came from that captains superiors. So at least they knew. Its doubtful the captain just made that up on his own for kicks. If you mean how did anyone else know, word probably spread from the crew as gossip about how they sunk a gigantic ship without provocation.

I meant anyone in the Horde. And Alliance captains are known to make decisions up for their own kicks. You should read Quest for Pandaria Part 4, where an Alliance captain tries to frame a Tauren Druid emissary and then when the Night Elves on his ship call him out on it he declares them traitors and tries to kill them, only to get his throat cut instead.

Sounds like Alliance officers being unethical villains is a common occurrence.

Keep telling yourself that

1 Like

The Horde captain in the story does the exact same thing.

2 Likes

So it’s just Captains who are bastards then.

1 Like

Sure we can do a lot of especulation but all of that never affects the reality. Firstly why would Rastakhan surrender to the alliance? His army was away in Nazmir but they would come soon with horde reinforcements since the distance isn’t far away from the capital.

Actually we could say the war would had ended before it started if the night elves had surrended at the very first stages of invasion and letting them being hold hostages and probably most of te population would be still alive but we now that would had never happen for obvious reasons.

That’s exactly what Sylvanas did to start the War of the Thorns to begin with, basing the whole thing on the false idea that the Gilneans would leave the Alliance if the Alliance went to help the Night Elves before Gilneas.

But that is the whole shtick of this expansion. Anduin thinks he can make Rastakhan surrender when everyone but himself knows that will never happend and yet they still do a raid that only put him in the black list of any Zandalar

1 Like

don’t worry, soon the zandalar and the entire world will realize that he is the true savior of the universe.

3 Likes

Yeah and all we have to jump into the storyline of Anduin saving the universe while everyone praise him more than Green Jesus in Cataclysm

That doesn’t seem like a hard list to get off of, given Zandalari players working with Jaina to save Baine and continue working with her in Nazjatar.

Yeah and Nelves are ready to forgive Saurfang since we can work with him to free Baine and give a group hug after escaping. For things like this I hate the whitewashing of characters that should be hated in the narrative.

People at the beginning of the expansion kept saying how the Zandalari are an amped up representation of what the Night Elves are.

Guess they were right.

Me, provides several examples of what I said You, “Keep Telling Your Self That.”

Ok…I will? I mean I already proved it.

Well the night elves in wc3 were like them, now they are bootlickers of the human which is disgusting since I hate the humans in warcraft because they are the most boring thing in the universe(literally every human is so good/kind/mary sues that every race should feel ashamed for killing just one)