At least alliance tries to protect civilian casualties

Yes, along with the remains of the Zandalari navy. Which just puts us back exactly to the same assessment from before having gone to recruit the Zandalari or Kul’Tirans as cited above.

And what are you repeating the same thing I had been keeping saying from the beginning? I found ok to destroy the Golden fleet as an preemptive attack but what is the point of launching an failed assault in the city while killing civilians, wasting resources and soldiers into something the alliance doesn’t keep a hold for much longer?

Literally the alliance could just blow up the fleet and go straight to Orgrimmar but nope, it was better to raid a troll city with the objetive of keeping them away from the horde only to actually pushing that union to happend.

We only blew up part of the fleet. The intent was to go in to Zandalar to get Rastakhan to surrender the rest of the fleet. Obviously didn’t work out.

But then Sylvanas threw the rest of the Zandalari fleet away any way.

Really? The Zandalari had only two ships left after Dazar’Alar? You sure about that?

Dread-Admiral Tattersail: I can't believe it. Almost the entire fleet.. lost!

It was the half of the fleet(despite of the nonsensical reasons of not having people inspecting the ships or the dock) and only a few of the remaining vessels were destroyed in the trap of Nazjatar that like you said destroyed the alliance fleet and return us to the status quo.

Still the point with the human paladin was that he justifies whatever happens in Zandalar and was necessary even when everyone in and out of the universe realizes the raid was a bad idea later.

Pretty sure she was referring to “the entire fleet” which consisted of what they had at the given moment. If you bothered watching the Nazjatar entrance cinematic (you did, didn’t you?) that was two Forsaken vessels and two Zandalari. I doubt that constituted the entirety of either of their respective navies.

Had Rastakhan surrendered the war would have been over.

You know what’s funny? I haven’t done the Battle of Dazar’alor because I always figured “Why would I care about this? Zandalar was basically irreverent to any of the Alliance leveling storyline in BfA.” But reading these points, I’ve come around to it now.

Did you bother to read the quest text?

The Zandalari have offered us use of their ships for this endeavor. Clear out whatever affairs you have remaining and report to Captain Rez'okun when you are ready to set sail.

It be hard work getting’ de ships reparied, but everything be ready just like de palemon requested.

What remains of the Horde fleet has departed Zuldazar and our spies say that the Banshee Queen's hand sails at their helm. This is our chance, <name>! With one strike we can eliminate what remains of their fleet and rid Azeroth of Blightcaller's filth once and for all!

You do realize cinematics and game scale do not accurately reflect the scope of the narrative, don’t you?

Fair enough. So the question then is, how much of the Alliance fleet was sent in pursuit and ended up getting swallowed into Nazjatar? Does “Send the Fleet” constitute all their ships or did the Alliance choose to half a$$ their efforts?

We get literally the same end result quest:

Only difference really is what the Alliance and Horde captains say when you find them.

8.2 literally sets us back to where we were before 8.0. Which, once again, is back to the assessment from A Good War I referenced.

I mean, not necessarily. But probably. It depends on whether they ever acknowledge that technically Kul Tiras had the shipwrights of Stormsong Valley already well on their way to building a replacement fleet back when they still thought their original fleet was lost for good. A replacement fleet the players took action while questing to prevent Lord Stormsong and his cultists from corrupting.

So arguably Kul Tiras’ navy should be back on its feet in a reasonably short time, while Zandalar’s docks were demolished in the assault on Dazar’alor.

But the story will likely just ignore all that henceforth and insist nobody has any boats left, period.

1 Like

Azshara forgot that she wanted Kul’Tiras’ fleet for herself, too, and just had them smashed.

Though I suppose Azshara is petty enough to throw a “if I can’t have them no one can” tantrum.

1 Like

Guessing the ships we walk around on in the harbor areas are remaining just for player convenience then, sort of like why Dalaran is still in Northrend despite it’s Broken Isles transport.

Would love it if Blizzard made their world a bit more up to date as things changed but I guess that would require a bit more work.

Even if the case, is it unheard of that either side can’t get a few ships back on the water in a few months?

I honestly have this dreadful sense that instead of such things getting a proper justification, the story beats of Azshara wanting the Kul Tiran fleet for herself and evidence of her being somehow involved in Zul’s treachery will turn out to just be a result of N’zoth seeing the future and telling her to do a bunch of random nonsense with no payoff solely for the sake of steering events in a needlessly convoluted and roundabout way that would eventually land on the current patch content.

Insofar as the way we’ve seen things portrayed otherwise? Yes. Anduin’s special vessel that Jaina commissions is built very quickly, suggesting that the Kul Tirans in particular can churn out ships at an astounding rate. Zandalari shipbuilding is less clear, especially since their shipyards were a target in the assault.

That said, insofar as the current narrative? When the characters are laying it on thick that they’ve lost their whole navies, the story is being rather obvious in beating us over the head with the supposition that nobody has any more fleets left and won’t for a very long time. Or at least, won’t for so long that it’s no longer a deciding factor in the current war and so won’t matter for the rest of the expansion.

1 Like

We’ll see if this is even thought about next patch it seems, if the war campaign really is coming to a conclusion already.

Remember that time the Alliance sunk the civilian ship carrying the entire Bilgewater Goblin population on purpose? And without provocation? Because “No witnesses”.

Remember that time that Gallywix tricked all the Bilgewater onto a ship to be sold as slaves?

And Thrall, a former slave, put Gallywix back in charge of the Bilgewater?

The Bilgewater fall squarely into nonsense Blizzard passes off without any thought.

1 Like

Yeah Gallywix is a piece of garbage, but the Alliance had no knowledge of any of that. They just saw a random neutral ship and sunk it because “No witnesses”

My comment was dismissing any of that storyline making sense.

Doesn’t make it any less canon…Even if that storyline is absurd, the Alliance acting that way is not an isolated incident. Garithos had the support of Stormwind and Ironforge, even when the dwarf grunts admitted he was a racist bigot. The support did not vanish, even as Garithos attempted extrajudicial executions on the Blood Elves over dubious reasons. Garithos disrespected his own Dwarven Allies, and the support still kept coming in.

People like Aedelas Blackmoore were kept in power at the height of Alliance power in Lordaeron, even after it was common knowledge that he was a drunkard, abuser (of both human women and orcs) just because he was efficient at running the internment camps.

If you can get them results, the alliance is very…flexible on their morality. Just as long as its outside of Anduins view.