At 120, can you solo Legion raids now?

08/22/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Viridina
You will struggle on Mythic Legion Dungeouns I'm leaning towards Raids are impossible at this point still.

non mythic dungeons should be doable though, correct?

Since I have to run legion for stuff was hoping to take a Ven DH back at 120 and do basic solo dungeon runs.

Just looking for check mark in the box runs. Easy sleazy, nice and cheesy as possible runs.
[quote]
You will struggle on Mythic Legion Dungeouns I'm leaning towards Raids are impossible at this point still.

Not really, tried out soloing some legion Mythic dungeons and they have been pretty easy (330 DH dps spec). Even Karazhan Mythic, every boss except Nightbane were faceroll. Nightbane is doable but requires some self-heals and of course not stand in the fire.

As for raids, I have not tried out myself but there are people posting videos of how to solo normal mode Emerald Nightmare, from what they mention the only problematic fight is Ursoc, only seen it doable with BM hunters and demo warlocks (aka: classes with a tank pet).
08/22/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Apollokai
You can solo, normal legion raids (EN at least) with decent gear. It will get much easier as the expansion goes on.

I couldn't get past Ursoc today (doing the 3rd Unlock for Artifacts). I downed everything else up to that point. Tried it 3 times, 2 times as Blood, 1 time as Unholy. Ursoc's debuf just builds up too much and too quickly and I couldn't survive long enough to recover the damage. I only got him down to 55ish% at best. Maybe a better weapon could have done or 330 iLevel gear, but I think that debuff is going to be a block for anyone trying to solo without a tank pet or ignore damage long enough to get the debuff off without triggering a reset.

Some of the mechanical differences in the class between Legion and BFA are partly the reason for this, along with the affects of the stat squish. Blood DKs were a lot harder to kill before, even without the Maw.
After reading all this theory craft about what people thought, I went to mythic Eye of Azshara. Trash melted, I ignored all mechanics and just stood there during the boss fights (except running to get to the hydra), and the only time I needed to heal (there was no real need, I just wanted to keep at 100%) was after the jump down from King Deepbeard. Other classes may have issues, but frost DK at 323 was solidly kicking stuff out of the way.

Edit: Did Mythic Violet Hold for fun. Nothing made it to the door, and I think I saw my health dip down to 98%...Solo away guys and gals.
08/26/2018 02:42 PMPosted by GreymĂ ntle
Edit: Did Mythic Violet Hold for fun. Nothing made it to the door, and I think I saw my health dip down to 98%...Solo away guys and gals.

I definitely solo'd HoV, Maw, Arcway, and CoS yesterday. All of which were on mythic. So feel free to solo away to your heart's content. Tried Mythic Skorp and got wrecked though, so I wouldn't suggest that :)
Emerald nightmare 10 man normal is soloable by several classes as of now. But Ilvl's are to low to really push any further reliably solo.

I have a feeling with Uldir normal / heroic level gear you might be able to push nighthold / trial of valor.
I solo'd one on this toon as Guardian before BfA dropped. So I'd imagine at 120 with raid gear you should be able to blow through Legion dungeons and even raids.
08/19/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Friend
Sadly, personal loot means you'll mostly just get 25 gold for each boss kill.

I keep hearing this, but can anyone explain to me why gear in Throne of Thunder literally drops like freaking candy?

I already got the Thunderkings Helmet two weeks in a row, each boss on average drops 3-4 pieces.
As a ret Paladin I’m having no trouble with any of the mythic level dungeon difficulties. I have yet to try 10 man normal raids.

I think I may wait for the first raid tier before attempting.
I solo'd the first 2 bosses in Emerald Nightmare, on 10 man normal. It took 3 of us though for Xavius, because one of us was level 110.
Mythic dungeons are simple. I could solo those as havoc the week i hit 120. As for raids look up youtuber heelsvsbabyface. He has videos of soloing 3 of the raids. He got all of en, 6/10 nighthold and think he had 3 in tomb
EN is fully soloable up to Heroic. Ursoc is the one roadblock due to him dealing lots of melee damage with his abilities, but if you can pet tank/outheal that the rest is cake. Mostly because while our DPS didn't climb that much, our HP bars did, and the mobs deal far reduced damage in the first place.

Everything else is tuned quite a bit higher so you might have a hard time, but we're not in raid gear yet. By the time we have N'zoth or whoever is the final boss on farm I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Mythic raids were easily soloable.
08/21/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Bars
Absolutely not. Scaling between 110-120 is not like scaling between 100-110.

In Legion you could solo all WOD raids.

In BFA you will never solo Legion raids.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2405236-Demon-Hunter-Solo-Thread-Mk-2

People are already soloing Mythic Nighthold bosses.
08/27/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
08/19/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Friend
Sadly, personal loot means you'll mostly just get 25 gold for each boss kill.

I keep hearing this, but can anyone explain to me why gear in Throne of Thunder literally drops like freaking candy?

I already got the Thunderkings Helmet two weeks in a row, each boss on average drops 3-4 pieces.

The legacy loot mode is active for that since your character is 11+ levels higher than the expected level for doing the content. It won't be active for Legion content until next expansion. More details here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761866700#post-1
08/19/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Zeropointt
I walked into N Nighthold yesterday (at about i296) because I had an old quest to turn in and was curious.
Cleared the trash up to Skorpyron and pulled- I wasn't taking much damage even getting knocked back into the little devils, but Skorpyron had too much health...I realized that I would get whittled down long before I whittled him down, so I dumped aggro and reset.

Funny you should mention that. I was in Nighthold on my 113 warrior because I want a chest drop from there.

I went into The Arcway by accident, not realizing I was in the wrong place. When I entered, it brought up a WQ to kill the big mana fish (I forget the name) and Vandros.

After killing the mana fish, I checked my map, saw my mistake, and headed out for the Nighthold.

I cleared to Skorpyron, and apparently proceeded to hit him with my two-handed pool noodles. I did not dent his health bar in the slightest. I died and figured I would come back with a few friends.

But I solo the fish in a raid, taking him down with almost nothing but Whirlwind since I was not 'line of sight' for anything else... but die to a dungeon boss?

(scratches head)
08/27/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Phases
08/19/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Zeropointt
I walked into N Nighthold yesterday (at about i296) because I had an old quest to turn in and was curious.
Cleared the trash up to Skorpyron and pulled- I wasn't taking much damage even getting knocked back into the little devils, but Skorpyron had too much health...I realized that I would get whittled down long before I whittled him down, so I dumped aggro and reset.

Funny you should mention that. I was in Nighthold on my 113 warrior because I want a chest drop from there.

I went into The Arcway by accident, not realizing I was in the wrong place. When I entered, it brought up a WQ to kill the big mana fish (I forget the name) and Vandros.

After killing the mana fish, I checked my map, saw my mistake, and headed out for the Nighthold.

I cleared to Skorpyron, and apparently proceeded to hit him with my two-handed pool noodles. I did not dent his health bar in the slightest. I died and figured I would come back with a few friends.

But I solo the fish in a raid, taking him down with almost nothing but Whirlwind since I was not 'line of sight' for anything else... but die to a dungeon boss?

(scratches head)

Please tell me you're a troll.
All legion content is very undertuned compared to the rest right now. They said they may revert it to be more in tune with other content at a later date. Too lazy to source.

So while it may be soloable now, it might not be later. Or it may continue to balance out as bfa continues to unlock new levels of player strength.
Duo'ed Heroic EN and Heroic NH with an Enh Shaman.
08/27/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Aylee
The legacy loot mode is active for that since your character is 11+ levels higher than the expected level for doing the content. It won't be active for Legion content until next expansion. More details here:

However, there is a secondary loot system that is supposed to kick in for Legion content when you hit 120:

https://youtu.be/HPaPsBAXdzs?t=788

According to Ion, we should be seeing at least two drops per Legion boss when we kill them at level 120.

08/30/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Hascall
All legion content is very undertuned compared to the rest right now. They said they may revert it to be more in tune with other content at a later date. Too lazy to source.

That was referring to world content.
well... run in there and let us know