At 120, can you solo Legion raids now?

08/14/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Vidaar
We will not be 11 levels higher than Legion content during BFA. So no, we won't be soloing it anytime soon.

That is just for legacy gear, not a guide to solo.

All it means is that we will get ALL the gear drops, not just the gear for our class and spec.
08/14/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Oblivienne
We will not be 11 levels higher than Legion content during BFA. So no, we won't be soloing it anytime soon.

Why not? We were able to solo Warlords raids in Legion.

My guess is, after people are BfA raid geared, yes, we will be able to solo them.

Because of the squish and lower relative power. In Legion we had a HUGE power increase over the expansion. We aren't getting the same power creep so far with BFA.
most people weren't able to solo Siege of Orgimmar till halfway through legion, Mythic hellfire could be done with 5-8 people, so no, You will have to join a group.

Mythic raids in legion are basically LFR for 120's now anyway.
I solo'd EN on Normal a few days ago around 320 ilvl. Hell, the hardest part was Ursoc. He hits so hard lol. Every other fight was pretty easy.
1 Like

That's only if you're looking for legacy-style loot. If you just want to complete it, it will be possible at 120 at some point. Solo right now? Doubtful. 2-5 people? Prolly easy enough.
08/14/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Oblivienne

Why not? We were able to solo Warlords raids in Legion.

My guess is, after people are BfA raid geared, yes, we will be able to solo them.

Thats because the artifacts made us gods. We went from 100k ish dps to 2m ST. They aren't there anymore
Wow first week and we're already soloing raids, hey blizz could we re-think the legacy Loot rules yet?
Legion raids will certainly be doable by the time BfA is done. Mythic dungeons are already completely trivial around ilvl 300, so imagine what adding another 40+ ilvls will do. Some variance depending on spec of course, but the only thing that's going to be stopping solo clears of all Legion content will be your typical mechanics that require more than one person and wipe/reset the fight when you're alone.
Absolutely not. Scaling between 110-120 is not like scaling between 100-110.

In Legion you could solo all WOD raids.

In BFA you will never solo Legion raids.
08/21/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Bars
Absolutely not. Scaling between 110-120 is not like scaling between 100-110.

In Legion you could solo all WOD raids.

In BFA you will never solo Legion raids.

A mythic dungeon geared 120 can already solo normal EN. By the end of the expac I’d guess you’ll be able to solo Tomb, what with the exponential power increase and all.
08/18/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Missmerdur
Not necessarily ...
After the stat squish and basically everything being rendered useless - I went and took my Ret. Pally into Blackrock Foundry and solo'd it on Mythic (minus the Furnace, obviously that needs at least 1 other person) ...

No it doesn't. you can solo mythic furnace now.
1 Like
08/14/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Ástolfo
Has the item squish and scaling impacted the ability to solo it? Or are the ilvls too low at this point?

Probably EN and Nghthold on a lock or hunter on 10man normal if you know a couple mechanics but as a rogue thatd be a hard no
https://imgur.com/a/lNpYY09 7/7 EN N and 5/10 NH N at ~302-303 ilvl, once I sit down and actually farm heroic dungeons 10/10 NH N should be very much doable, and 7/7 EN H should be close to doable.
I'd say wait till 2020 near the end of that expansion fully geared of course.
In Normal EN I killed every boss with a DPS friend at level 118 before Cenarius except Ursoc as a Guardian Druid.

Just couldn't DPS him enough before his dubuff overwhelmed me.
You can't even solo a Legion player lol.
08/19/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Rankin
08/18/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Missmerdur
After the stat squish and basically everything being rendered useless - I went and took my Ret. Pally into Blackrock Foundry and solo'd it on Mythic (minus the Furnace, obviously that needs at least 1 other person) ...

I was able to solo Mythic Blast Furnace easily, but it's bugged so it takes forever to break the blast plates on the sides.

08/19/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Friend
Sadly, personal loot means you'll mostly just get 25 gold for each boss kill.

You're supposed to get at least two drops per boss, guess it either doesn't work or they changed their minds about it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=285732.3/liveblog-of-the-july-19-battle-for-azeroth-beta-q-a-with-ion-hazzikostas

I had seen it posted somewhere that you have to be 12 lvls above the content for the Legacy Loot Rules to kick in. Since right now we're only 10 those rules won't apply.

@OP it's going to depend on your class, spec, and just what you're trying to solo. For example the other day I was trying to solo a Greater Invasion for my final kill for the title. I couldn't do it as enh or Resto (well I probably could have "eventually" done it as Resto) due to the enemy damage/mechanics. I'm pretty sure I could reasonably solo EN, though as to on what difficulty I don't know without trying it.
08/22/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Monsterskill
You can't even solo a Legion player lol.

Ba-Zing!
08/14/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Ástolfo
Has the item squish and scaling impacted the ability to solo it? Or are the ilvls too low at this point?

You will struggle on Mythic Legion Dungeouns I'm leaning towards Raids are impossible at this point still.
You can solo, normal legion raids (EN at least) with decent gear. It will get much easier as the expansion goes on.