Assassination Guide for Stormwind Horrific Vision

Greetings, I’ve just completed the Stormwind Horrific Vision 5 Mask/Solo, the Lonely Night Run as I call it. As I’ve already done for the Orgrimmar Vision, I’d like to write a guide based on my own experience in doing the vision to help my fellow sinners. I will assume that you have all titan research completed.

• Equipment and Talents

I completed the vision with an item level of 469 and Rank 13 cloak. My corruptions were Honed Mind 3 and Infinite Stars 2, which would be fairly middling given the short duration of fights.

For Talents, Subterfuge and Iron Wire are the primary choices to make. I experimented with Exsanguinate on my 4 mask run, but I found the GCD made it too immersive to fluidly work in with my other cooldowns before important enemy abilities went off, sometimes resulting in taking unnecessary insanity hits. That said, if you’re keybind savvy it’s definitely worth taking over Toxic Blade and provides even greater burst on bosses and certain packs.

For Essences, I still used Worldvein Resonance primary, with Focusing Iris, Lucid Dreams, and Breath of the Dying all rank 3. Blood of the Enemy is also a strong choice and may have better synergy with Exsanguinate.

Azerite Traits are still the most important due to the potential of Shrouded Suffocation in Visions. Combined with Subterfuge it allows you to apply up to 3 empowered Garrotes every time you exit stealth. This makes both trash and bosses much quicker to kill as the damage is front loaded instead of being drawn out over minutes like other traits. I highly recommend using up at least 2 as I did, even if it means using a lower level piece.

For consumables you want a scroll of Battle Shout, one or two Drums for Lust/Hero, some K’babs, and Ghastly Goulash for HP regen. I only found one drums necessary for Shaw but you can use a second for Alleria. I did not use Potions or Flasks myself but they can help if need a little extra.

• The Lonely Night Run

Stormwind City is an awful place inhabited by awful people. In the Vision of it though, there’s only 3 particularly annoying people at least, so let’s get started.

Directly ahead upon entering you will see a corpse by a note and a potion. This will tell you what the “bad” potion that causes sanity loss is. We will also be avoiding the potion that randomly does a fire cleave as it may break stealth more often than is worth. Avoid these two and drink the rest in stealth as you find them. Kill the two royal guards protecting the chapel, apply SS empowered Garrotes to both of them. Avoid their cleave, kick/cc their casts to prevent their damage reduction, and then enter the chapel just enough to trigger Alleria’s long dialogue. In the Northeast most building there will be one or two open doors. If the both are open, enter the one on the right and kill the Spirit of the Bear Rug inside. A couple waves of mobs will spawn afterwards, kill them all and you will gain a 10% Haste buff for 1 hour.

For districts we’re going to go Dwarven > Old Town > Trade > Mage. Head to Dwarven, place the first bomb, stealth and go left/northwest. Check the doors on your left, if one is open and full of mine traps, you can traverse through them, upstairs, and step on a good device to gain another damage buff. For the second bomb you can sap the taskmaster and plant it without aggro’ing the rest. Move to the fountain square and kill the enemies, interrupting the Taskmasters Improve Moral ability.
Confront Forge Guard Hurrul with cooldowns. You can use Cloak of Shadows to immune Void-Tainted Blades which will prevent the slow debuff, making it easier to dodge the sanity draining Entropic Leap. Plant the last few bombs, making use of SS Garrotes.
Your cooldowns should be ready to use again by the time you face Therum Deepforge. You can interact with the Explosive Ordnance he drops to kick them away, making it easier to dodge Empowered Forge Breath, both of which drain a lot of sanity if hit. Once he is dead, exit through the southern gate, not the portal.

Hook left around the pustules, giving the two corpses on the walkway a wide berth to avoid spawning hostile rats as you move to the northern entrance to Old Town. Eat a K’bab before entering if sanity isn’t near max and kill the two stealthed assassins at the entrance.
If you proc Gift of the Titans, head right to face Armsmaster Terenson, otherwise go left and kill packs until it does proc and sprint back. Blade Flourish casts quickly and is easy for it to catch a tick even without madnesses interfering. On my run I was under both Leaden Foot and Split Personality, making the Gift extremely useful to avoid Sanity loss. Shadowstep can be used to easily dodge Roaring Blast if Split Personality procs at the same time. Make your way Southeast, interrupting the SI:7 Informants’ Touch of the Abyss casts as you encounter them. When practicing, try to memorize where the stealthed assassins are so you can SS Garrote them as well.
Alx’kov the Infested only requires that you step out of Lurking Appendage, only use <1min CDs for him and be wary of Split Personality. The final pack can be a bit dangerous, just make sure you focus down the Informant so they don’t stun you. Also give Valeera a moment to loot the key from the miniboss, this seems to break the player out of stealth and you’ll want SS Garrotes for this pack.
Enter Overlord Mathias Shaw’s courtyard and wait for Haunting Shadows and Dark Delusions (if sub 50% sanity) to proc to avoid having stealth broken, then move to the small hill where Shaw is stealthed. Drop your first Sanity Orb and engage Shaw with full CD’s + Drums while standing in your Orb. The orb will protect you from the Eyes of Chaos’ Dark Gaze, so don’t worry about them while it lasts. Shaw will vanish and attack from purple swirlies, use Cloak of Shadows to maintain your position and finish him off when he reappears. You should finish the fight with full or near full sanity, take the portal back to the Vision entrance.

Go south to the Trade District, going left/east and kill the Faceless+tentacle pack. Stealth past the next pack and engage Inquisitor Darkspeak with CDs, kicking his first Agonizing Torment cast and using Cloak of Shadows for his second if necessary. If you’re at full sanity, instead of going to the next miniboss immediately, first take out the pack of 2 humanoids+2 tentacles in the front of him, interrupting the Tormentor’s Mental Assault casts. Second, kill the lone Faceless in front of the bank. If the bank is open, head inside and kill the Neglected Guild Vault for a 10% Crit buff.
Return to Slavemaster Ul’rok and engage with CD’s. At 80% and 30% health he will cast Chains of Servitude. You can use Cloak of Shadows to interrupt the first cast to keep up dps, but only after the chain has already attached to you. Otherwise just run away for the duration or you will take extreme sanity damage. Once he is dead, start opening the cages. For the 2 cages in the center, you can sap each Tormentor and open their cage without entering combat, just stand far enough to not pull the non-cc’d Tormentor. Make sure you open every cage before exiting through the west gate, I totally didn’t have to do this all twice because I forgot one, that would be silly and I’m a guide-writing professional.

Enter the Mage District. Most players will have their own preferred route, just make sure you interrupt humanoid casters’ Psychic Scream spell to avoid be feared, followed by the Void Elemental’s Void Buffet.
Try to avoid Boundless Corruption until you proc Gift of the Titans, then engage with full CD’s. He constantly drops sanity draining swirlies at your feet and madnesses can make it very difficult to dodge. If you’re unable to utilize the Gift, then tap-step in a circle around him (if Leaden Foot is active) and save Cloak of Shadows in case you have Split Personality proc.
In the Northwest corner you’ll find Zardeth of the Black Claw. You’ll want to engage him with CD’s as well. After his first Shadow Bolt cast, run away from him and stay at a distance until he casts Rain of Fire to prevent him from covering himself with it. Adds will be spawned that inflict a sanity draining AoE when they die. If madnesses prevent you from avoiding them, use Cloak of Shadows.
You will likely need to use your second sanity orb while dealing with the portal keepers which is fine, just try to be above half sanity by the time you confront Magister Umbric. Umbric is annoying, but not particularly dangerous if you remain patient. Engage with full CD’s, kicking his Entropic Missiles cast immediately. Save your kicks for Entropic Missiles and just take or Cloak of Shadows the Tainted Polymorph casts. He will teleport away at 80%, 45%, and 25% health which will be soon with your burst damage. Tap-step your way to him calmly if under Leaden Foot, you have plenty of time but can cover the last quarter or so with Sprint before Leaden Foot becomes too debilitating. Just make sure don’t trigger Split Personality or Haunting Shadows as these can stun you and cause you to take a frost hit. For me, instead of immediately going for him after his first teleport, I chose to stay within range of my activated Worldvein Resonance and Galecaller’s Boon to allow my DoTs to inflict maximum damage. This caused him to fall below 45% while still channeling, effectively bypassing one of his teleport phases. Take the portal back to Cathedral Square.

If you’re low on sanity, eat a K’bab but try to hold on to your last orb. If you forgot to at the beginning, step inside the Cathedral to trigger Alleria’s lengthy dialogue. Outside, kill packs of mobs until you trigger Gift of the Titans then Sprint back to Alleria Windrunner. Drop your final orb and engage Alleria with full CD’s + Drums if you brought 2. This fight is mostly just careful positioning. Face away from the eye at all times, kick the bombs away, dodge Darkened Sky swirlies, stand behind pillars for Void Eruption, kick Tainted Polymorph (often cast right after Void Eruption), and run away from Chains of Servitude. If things get too hectic, just run to a corner and take a quick breather, this can also help draw the Eye away to make it easier to face away form for a bit. If Alleria is standing in fire, you can use the pillars to LoS her and pull her out. Take your time, sanity drains slow here, and hopefully you have your revive still. Just at least keep your DoTs ticking and don’t get greedy, try to save Cloak of Shadows for when you can’t find a safe escape from Darkened Sky.

I hope this guide helps some of you, and you can read my Orgrimmar Horrific Vision Guide as well. Enjoy your 4th pair of corrupted 470 boots like me, and I hope to see more rogues with the Mad World Feat of Strength and Title reward!

~Vintorez the Faceless One

7 Likes

Holy crap.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!

I found that you can use the sheep from the Organic Discombobulation Grenades as a Shadowstep target, may be useful for the Mage Quarter boss.

Great advice for Outlaw too, and any iteration of masks/no masks. Lots of tips I was not aware of, like the haste and crit buffs, and pre-activating Alleria’s annoyingly long speech.