Assassination Guide for Orgrimmar Horrific Vision

Hello, I just completed the Orgrimmar Horrific Vision 5 Mask/Solo, or as I like to call it the Lonely Night Run as I saved the Mask of the Long Night for last. And so I thought I would write a guide based on my experience to help others looking to do the same. I will assume that you have all the titan research completed.

• Equipment and Talents

I completed it with an equipped item level of 466 and Rank 12 cloak. The only corruptions I had were Honed Mind 3 and Infinite Stars 2 which would be fairly middling given the short duration of fights.

For Talents, You’ll primarily want pick up Subterfuge and Iron Wire. I used the standard Toxic Blade and Poison Bomb, but I felt that Exsanguinate and Crimson Tempest may have been better options at times.

As for Essences, I used Worldvein Resonance for my primary with Focusing Iris, Lucid Dreams, and Breath of the Dying, all Rank 3. Blood of the Enemy is also a strong choice for Primary.

Azerite Traits are the most important in my experience. Shrouded Suffocation is extremely potent in Visions, allowing you to open with strong DoTs for every pull to quickly and efficiently clear most packs. I had two SS traits and highly recommend using 2/3. Echoing Blades is also very helpful but I did not have it available myself.

Finally for consumables, you’ll want a scroll of Battle Shout, two Drums for Lust/Hero, some K’babs, and Ghastly Goulash for the HP regen. I did not use potions or a flask but you may find they will give you that extra edge needed.

• The Lonely Night Run

The first thing you will want to check is the small hut between the bank and the blacksmith to find a corpse next to a note and a potion. This tells you what the “bad” potion color is. You can drink every other potion you find in stealth for minor buffs and sanity restoration, just be careful to not let the fire AoE potion pull a pack you’re trying to stealth past. Next kill the two honor guards outside Grommash hold. You will want to open every fight by putting Subterfuge/Iron Wire empowered Garrotes on up to 3 targets. Avoid their cleave attack and use Kick + CC to stop their Horrifying Shout casts.

For zone order we’re going to go Drag > Honor > Wisdom > Spirits. The Rexxar fight will be the make or break fight for many, so getting it done earlier is better.
Stealth your way to the Drag entrance and past the first pack to engage Annihilator Lak’hal. Use Sprint or Cloak of Shadows to negate Dark Force, but prioritize avoiding the Orbs of Annihilation as they drain a lot sanity, damage cooldowns are fine to use here as well. Afterwards check the Ethereal/Transmog building for a clickable portal frame, if it is there (it’s not always) you can click it to summon a hostile Ethereal that gives a 10% Crit buff for 1 hour when killed. As you fight through the drag clearing barricades, focus down the Dominator enemies as priority, you should be able to get an SS Garrote on every Dominator and Faceless. Stay calm and avoid unnecessary movement if you have Scorched Feet, you should be able to face tank any damage.
Once you reach Inquisitor Gnshal your damage cooldowns should be available again to open with. Use Cloak of Shadows to immune Void Torrent and you should be able to burn through both his shields and life before they cause any problems.

Consume a K’bab if you’re not near full sanity and move into the Valley of Honor. Misha is a simple fight, just keep moving after Desperate Retching to avoid the puddles you drop and get clear of Maddening Roar. Use minimal, quick movements if you’re affected by Leaden Foot, and/or watch out for the purple screen haze the precedes Split Personality. You should save Shadowstep for inopportune Split Personality procs. I chose to hook right past the stealth-sight pack and jump over the river on the eastern edge of the zone. Try to get a SS garrote on the Aqir Swarmleader, a few more little adds will spawn from the corpses around it to AoE down.
The Aqir Mindhunter is another simple boss, just sidestep the Toxic Volley to avoid sanity loss. The final pack before Rexxar is the only one in the entire vision that I find to be dangerous. Use Evasion and get your back to the high ground so that the knockback doesn’t send you flying.
If you’re lucky you will get a Gift of the Titans proc from the pack to carry to Rexxar. Important: Wait for Dark Imagination (if below 50% sanity) and the Haunting Shadows madness to proc before engaging Rexxar, these will pull you in combat and out of Stealth which will ruin your setup and opener. Once safe to do so, Shadowstep behind Rexxar, drop your first Sanity Restoration Orb, and engage with full CD’s and Drums. Ignore the Void Boars, stay within your Orb, and use Cloak of Shadows after their first Void Quills cast. You should be able to burst down Rexxar which despawns the boars and come out with full sanity. Take the totem back to the entrance.

Make your way towards the Valley of Wisdom and aid Zekhan on the way. You can fight or avoid Decimator Shiq’voth depending on if you need the 200 sanity recharge. Just make sure you avoid his Decimator attack, it deals heavy sanity loss when the projectile returns to him if it strikes you on the way. You can eat a K’bab before entering the Lost zone itself if needed. Kill the packs of enemies here, getting good use your SS Multi-Garrotes until you proc Gift of the Titans.
As soon as you do, stealth sprint towards the Voidcrazed Hulk, he has an unavoidable throw attack followed by an avoidable stomp, both of which drain sanity but the Gift will prevent the sanity loss portion. Kill him quickly, using cooldowns if needed. You can ignore the pack consisting of two Dominators and still complete the objective, which I recommend.
Both of the Coagulated Horror’s attacks drain sanity but are easily sidestepped, be ready with Shadowstep and Cloak of Shadows in case of a bad madness proc.
Return to the entrance and engage Vez’okk the Lightless with damage cooldowns. Sidestep Defiled Ground, avoid Unleash Corruption puddles, and stay close to ignore Ring of Chaos. Focus down the boss and clean up the spawned adds after he is dead.

Note: In my run I made the mistake of trying to eat a K’bab halfway through the Valley of Wisdom. Bad haunting shadows and dark delusions procs caused a stealth sight pack to get pulled while I was low sanity and I ended up using my revive here. For reasons like this I don’t recommend eating K’babs in Lost areas, and you may want to use your second sanity orb earlier if needed. The Spirits objective is pretty easy so it shouldn’t be a problem so long as you can save an orb for Thrall.

Mount up and make your way back to Zekhan, killing Shiq’voth if you haven’t already. You can eat a K’bab before beginning the totems objective if needed. Focus down the Tormentors and interrupt their Mental Assault casts, once again getting good use of SS Garrote and Iron Wire. After destroying the second totem, use stealth sprint off the bridge towards the west and follow the cliff wall around the shallow lake to avoid the stealth-sight pack and swimming, moving back in to the totem on other end of the bridge.
Take out the last totem pack next to the large building and move around the backside of it towards the Oblivion Elemental. Use your second Sanity Orb before engaging with full cooldowns. Just focus on avoiding the shadow waves while finding the light orb to negate the silence effect he casts and 80% and 40%, there’s a good chance your DoTs will kill him while you’re seeking your orb.

Finally it’s time to return to the Valley of Strength and relax for a bit. Wait for your cooldowns to come back before killing enemies until you proc Gift of the Titans. Once you proc Gift of the Titans, it’s time to Super Sonic Stealth Sprint to Thrall, Shadowstep behind one of the Void Boars, drop your last Sanity Orb, and triple Garrote all three of them before popping your second Drums. Your Garrotes should make quick work of the boars given how much haste you have. You can use Vanish if you’re detected early, but be quick so they don’t despawn. Watch out for Defiled Ground as a top priority, both the initial hit and the puddles it leaves behind will drain a lot of sanity and look about the same as your own Burned Bridge puddles. At 55% health he will gain a shield and cast Cries of the Void. If you can’t burn through the shield itself, use Cloak of Shadows to immune the damage and sanity loss. Beyond that just stay calm and avoid Defiled Ground and Surging Darkness, these are the only abilities that are a threat. Take him down and enjoy your 470 Vers/Mastery bracers with no corruption like me!

Update: I’ve completed the Stormwind Lonely Night Run and wrote its own guide here!

10 Likes

This is really fleshed out and full of helpful info, thanks for taking the time to write it out. Just finished a full regular clear and cant wait to get into the masked runs. Will definitely come back to your guide once I get my ilvl up. Cheers!

Amazing write up…thanks.