Asmon is making 100s of viewers spam Report BOTS

I’ve come across them in odd parts of the game world — one such encounter was a bunch of troll death knights all from different servers running around in the exact same big, perfect circle path in that part of Hellfire Peninsula with the Alliance soldier ghosts. They’d “aggro” onto the mobs they came across, and if you taunted a mob they were fighting and pulled it away, they’d stupidly follow the mob clean off the edge of the map trying to kill it. No real player would act like that.

1 Like

You’re the one that said it, not me.

I do agree with the time limits.

But unless you sit there (which you may have) for days and months how do you know it’s the same bots?

I’m not sure when they do the waves of disabling/banning accounts etc. That’s something we aren’t privy to.
It’s possible they break one bot only to have another pop up right afterwards.
I parked a character once outside of Ulduar. Think at the time it was Halls of Stone. I checked everyday after reporting and it seemed nothing was done.
One day as I sat there…the usual swarm was entering and after leaving instance they flew over to the flight point, sold their loot and returned. Rinse and repeat.
I was getting ready to log after killing them repeatedly (back when it was strictly a pvp server) for a few minutes, when the swarm just died. I mean it was just gone.
I can’t say they broke them at that time. It’s possible they just ran out their timer,if they have one.

Point is they do them and yea I agree there should be some kind of limitations on suspected bots, until they are broken.

It’s the same names. Unless they’re remaking the exact same toon name after bans. I’m fairly certain that characters aren’t deleted with bans, so I would assume that same name = same toon that’s been there for months.

Not all the time, but they have previously made a show of force by announcing that a “wave of bans just went out recently” on several occasions, and usually give a rough estimate of accounts or actions involved. I would even go so far as to say that it could be considered a somewhat regular occurrence every few months at one point. Or at least it felt like it for a time.

They leave out many details, like what was specifically targeted, or what was done to combat the issues, but that keeps the bot writers in the dark as well. But it would also be a reassuring thing for the community to see.

2 Likes

Most likely just make new ones with the new rolled out bot.

I haven’t checked the website for the most popular bot makers list of whines. It usually tells if there’s been a wave etc. Last I heard they were going to close the website forums to members only. I just never went back to check. I don’t want to join and be associated with them even if all I’m doing is reading the forums.

The bot group I mentioned in my earlier post never returned. Or if they did it was to another place.

I’m surprised they don’t remove the accounts. Especially if they are just made specifically for making gold for gold sellers. Which I’d say they should be able to tell a hacked account from one made for gold making/selling only.

You’re right. I haven’t heard of any ban waves going out recently. Been awhile.

2 Likes

Ironically, they actually just made an announcement a few hours ago that I was unaware of that’s along the same lines I just described. Wish they had maybe said something about why bots seem to be significantly more prevalent recently, but a good post to see nonetheless.

2 Likes

I don’t like Asmonbald but it doesn’t mean he’s never right or does no good. Glad he did something productive this time.

2 Likes

I also can’t stand him, but have to give credit where it’s due. The Blizzard teams should be made of people that care about the integrity of the game at least half as much as that guy.

3 Likes

Yeah when even someone I can’t stand is doing more than the company that’s something. I don’t even say it in high praise of him but just how bad Blizz has gotten about it.

2 Likes

so he’s finally compensating for the oxygen he’s been wasting for all these years? good.

2 Likes

I gotchu fam

1 Like

The only one people crying out about Asmon are boomers usually above 30/40 usually thinking streaming is children stuff . Or Casuals which are at the same time dedicated LFR runners.

quite sad if you ask me because these are the underpart described as delusional player base.

Or RPers

So the majority of GD

sir this is a wendy’s

1 Like

None of the things listed here are bad.

3 Likes

wtf i love asmongold now.

That was good to see, and it probably motivated Blizzard to actually get around and start banning some bots as they announced a bunch of bans afterwards which is good to see finally.

1 Like

Laughable at best. “Not up for discussion”. God forbid people change their ways. Not like you would support that type of behavior anyway - the type where people do things for the better. Mercy help us if he isnt the perfect example of how everyone ought to be.

1 Like

Hating on someone or something is more of an opinion is it not? Didn’t know not agreeing with or not accepting something is so wrong. Also, there is no way he could control his viewers lol. Sorry but every single large youtuber/steamer can say whatever they want and try to tell them not to do something but, there just isn’t much else the streamer can do to stop it.

1 Like

so…yet another topic about mouth breathing ratboy…could we please stop mentioning that silly weasel with the over inflated ego

3 Likes