Asmon is making 100s of viewers spam Report BOTS

Amazing how he instills such negative feelings in you that you gravitate to a thread about him and claim the first post in it.

Whether you like him or not, you are a fan of him it seems.

10 Likes

They were proven to be correct, considering Evitel isn’t getting all kinds of nasty things in her inbox directly after asmon watches their video on stream. You can see quite a few of his fans doing nasty things even here, on the official forums, in this very thread. It’s interesting.

The entertainer isn’t responsible for what his fans do, sorry. They were wrong, end of story.

3 Likes

No, he’s doing your job for you.

In order for Blizzard to act on bots they need to be reported, if you’re not reporting them when you see them, then he’s doing your job for you.

1 Like

Everyone knows about the bots. The bots get reported, Blizz knows about them, and they don’t care. But worse, is everyone defending the bots are incredibly disingenuous.

3 Likes

Actually is, considering on the Argent Dawn forums the thread he watched on stream didn’t have any of his fans posting in it before he watched it on stream then it got flooded with tons of off-topic posts, spam, and disruption. Same thing with visiting an RP server, are they there on that server disrupting it while he’s not streaming there? Nope. Are they when he’s streaming there? Yep! So, he does have a cause an effect and the fact that he’s aware of this and does nothing, in fact makes him responsible for what happens. Especially, when he’s not shown to be reporting any of the bad behavior and exhibiting it himself: See targetted harassment, RP disruption.

furthermore, Blizzard posted about reporting bots. They told people to go out there and do it: Thank You For Your Reports

3 Likes

I didn’t say he was. I said he was one of several personalities that promote WoW in a very positive way in the larger omnisphere–I was thinking of Bellular and Kelani when I said “YouTube news” type people.

A “falsity” would be me lying or saying something untrue. I did neither. I said that it was apparent to me that he’s grown since those older videos. Which is true. You certainly don’t have to agree, but it doesn’t make what I said a “falsity.” Seriously.

I don’t typically click on the videos that are about drama, but I did happen to see this one…and I’m sorry, but Asmon isn’t the one who appeared in the wrong to me on that particular scuffle.

I like T&E tremendously and watch their videos, as well.

People disrupt RP in the Cathedral District EVERY DAY. I say this as a priest on MG who plays off and on as a healer cleric. EVERY. DAY. ALL.DAY. people come in and disrupt the RP. That doesn’t make them all horrible people. It makes them people who think RP is funny and don’t understand what they’re messing up. It’s a mean thing to do, but if you base a person’s worth on that, there are a huge crowd of folks on every RP server who fit that bill.

I didn’t see that, but if I had, it would have upset me. This is the one point you’ve made that gives me pause, and if it was Asmon and not his audience (over which he has very little control other than banning them after the fact), then yes, that would lower my opinion of him.

5 Likes

Nope. Each viewer has their own sense of agency, and Asmon not only isn’t responsible for it, but couldn’t stop it if he wanted to.

The RP server thing is even more of a stretch, maybe Blizzard should invest a bit more in their server technology, if such a mass of players causes issues? If they are not actively griefing RP, they did nothing actionable.

Stop giving RPers a bad reputation with awful views like this, thanks.

5 Likes

and again you show why everyone hates him and his fans by lying and insulting me, so thanks! https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/important-building-a-better-ad/157544/245?u=muelyn-argent-dawn

He disrupted RP and more, as did his fans. His fans do the same exact things he does, so again… Try harder, you and the other poster I’m going to have to make sure to just keep at it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t speak to these cases… but while leveling this guy, I recently saw ten 110 worgen balance druids outside of Auchindoun killing sargerei mobs repeatedly. This was in WM. I start killing them. After each kill they release instantaneously. They never fought back at all. Just rez, spam AoE and loot. Look them up on the armory and all are wearing the boost/trial gearset.

1 Like

took the words right out of my mouth Zhanli, well said.

Blizzard’s servers being garbage and unstable due to a large player presence isn’t griefing. Griefing would be the intentional crashing of an RP event, which he didn’t do, no matter how much you keep repeating the same drivel over and over again, expecting it to change the fact that you are wrong.

7 Likes

Threatening to flag people who have not broken any terms of service or even been impolite is, in itself, a breach of the terms of use on these forums.

You can’t just go around flagging people because you disagree with them. I tried to talk to you. I certainly didn’t insult you or try to upset you. I assume when people post here it’s because they want to talk about something.

I don’t like it when people come into the Cathedral naked or mogged to look like JC making fun of actual IRL religion. I don’t like it when they come in and summon demons in the middle of a big and rehearsed RP service. I don’t like it when they come in shouting profanity in /y to mess up RP. There are a million ways people come in and try to troll RP on an RP server. I’m not a fan of that behavior, but I don’t equate IC trolling to OOC character problems.

That was my point.

5 Likes

nobody’s buying this

1 Like

He disrupted ALL of the events because no one could RP in the Cathedral while he was there, so yes he did. I’m done with both of you, this is the end since you keep targetting me and lying to justify his actions.

Still not griefing. He had no reason to know about any prior RP event there beforehand, did not enter with the intent to disrupt or impair other’s experiences, and did not break ToS.

Bye.

It’s amazing to me how this post flagged by multiple people will never get actioned, because it didn’t break the rules.

Aw, they flagged me. Should I be honored?

Interesting how that system abuse still isn’t actionable.

2 Likes

Depends. Are you on Blizzard’s :poop: list?

Really? Wow. That’s just…okay. Whatever. /sips Pepsi. I’m gonna go do visions on my hunter now. Y’all have fun or whatever this is.

3 Likes