Ask your questions for the WoW Q&A here!

When will melee priests become a thing?

I am sick and tired of sitting in the backlines and waving my fingers every once in a while with a bludgeon in hand and a book in the other. Why do I even have access to one-handers when I don’t have any ability or reason to swing back at my foes coming after me?

Let me thump the rogue on the head with my mace for once!

7 Likes

I’d like to keep upgrading my covenant gear to whatever is BiS. I enjoy the set bonuses.

Not everyone raids, rated pvp, or mythic plus+. I am not advocating easy rewards, but just a different kind of time investment that is equally a challenge for us “casuals.”

21 Likes

Shadowlands feels rushed, incomplete, and like it wasn’t fully thought out or play-tested.

Given the circumstances around 2020 that may be understandable, but my question is:

Would you (on the Blizzard design team) agree with the above assessment?

If so, how do you plan to address it? Or will Shadowlands go the way of Warlords of Draenor: sacrificed to make the next expansion better?

21 Likes

From places like the soul forges in torghast you can see that the jailer is putting souls into the mawsworn armor. Considering though that good souls are now going into the maw and the souls being put into the armor seem distressed, you can infer that both good and bad souls are being made into mawsworn. Considering this would we ever see groups of mawsworn break free from the jailer and perhaps become a friendly faction. (and just maybe you could buy an item from them that would allow you to tame shadehounds)

Classic WoW questions (assuming TBC announcment as well):

1. Classic to TBC what is happening with gold and items. Will there be a gold cap? Is everything carrying over?
  2. Will there be continuation servers for people who want to stay in “Classic Vanilla?”
  3. How will laying work since Outlands is so small?
  4. Are there any plans to address faction balance?
  5. Will any free transfers be available such as free faction-specific transfers or free transfers to lower pop realms?
21 Likes

Is there a possibility of introducing Ogres as playable race or as allied race in future ??

15 Likes

While the current customization options are appreciated, when will we see more of of the things that were showcased or teased in WoD for cosmetics? Quivers, ammo packs, paladin librams… some of these came through in artifact appearances, but limiting customization in terms of cosmetics to those things only is frustrating. When can we see some expanded options for this?

14 Likes

and get a shadehound mount at exalted and a shadehound battle pet and you know what you can just make a faction of shadehounds because they look cool

1 Like

When will horde get to have a “pretty” race that can play druids? Nightborne or Bloodelf Druids PLZ PLZ PLZ!

20 Likes

Classic Question: How will the exceptionally high population numbers be handled in TBC Classic? The zones are exceptionally small and one of the big takeaways the Devs had from TBC to Wrath was that funneling everyone into a single location was less than optimal for the release experience. With Classic Realms having dramatically larger populations, what will the Devs do exactly to handle all the bottlenecks, as well as heavily shared quest mobs and questing areas? What about dailies?

12 Likes

Is classic+ a possibility? If so what type of content would be added?

6 Likes
  1. Why do you continue to timegate content despite the fact that it frustrates your playerbase? Specifically content like the Warfronts in BFA, or upgrading your Sanctum via the weekly souls quest in this expansion?

2. Do you envision an expansion where legendaries will become legendary again rather than commonplace?

3. Will there be any major talent updates in the future to bring the focus back to the characters themselves as opposed to the “borrowed power systems” from the last 3 expansions?

4. Any thoughts on Garrison 2.0 or player housing?

5. Does Blizzard plan to focus on the RPG element of the game at all? Specifically in regards to character development in the form of differing questlines for different classes/races or conversation options that allow you to feel a part of the story? It would be amazing to get to a point where leveling an alt doesnt feel like the exact same story lines regardless of class or race. Where you actually feel like your character has some sort of impact on the world around them or how people treat your character from an NPC perspective.

24 Likes

What do the devs find, if anything, fun about the current modern WoW. Do you play the game yourself?

23 Likes

Will you do anything in Classic TBC to address faction imbalance and specifically Seal of Blood?

3 Likes

What are the plans for conduit upgrades and sockets next season? Will be acquiring them from the Maw again in Season 2 or will there be a new source? If we are acquiring them from the Maw again, will Stygia be the resource again and will it be reset?

1 Like
  1. Any plans to put entry Mythics (“M0”) in the Dungeon Finder? If not, why not? What is the thinking on keeping queue-able content’s ceiling so easy?

2. Any plans for more/different rewards from weekly Torghast wings? Not just currency for legendaries. If not, please explain thinking.

9 Likes

Will I be able to copy classic characters to tbc?

6 Likes

Would you consider adding new covenants in future patches in a way where old covenants would still get another 10-20 renown levels but the new covenant would have the original number of 40 just so the levels could be close or better yet that a new covenant would start with say if the old ones were at 50 in a new update a new covenant could start at 50. For example if you added the brokers in.

Kyrian-40+10/20=50/60
Necrolords-40+10/20=50/60
Night Fae-40+10/20=50/60
Venthyr-40+10/20=50/60
(New covenant) “Cartel Ve”-0+50/60=50/60

What is being done to address the rampant botting that is endemic in retail and classic above and beyond reports and ban waves? Can we expect the game to be cleaned up?

37 Likes

Can we ever expect to see a more progressive style of expansion again over seasonal? With each new season previous raid tier dies. Seems like a lot of work for only 1 season of content

5 Likes