Ashenvale - Lone Wolf - Horde

More than half the pvp bis gear right now doesn’t even come from BFD

And how is that any different from actual classic where pve gear trump’s pvp gear

Pure pvp geared players are significantly weaker than people with pve gear in classic era

The advisor ring is the only BiS (next to other BDF rings). The trinket isn’t even BiS, it’s replaced by, for instance, Invoker’s Void Pearl in BDF.

If anything, I noticed that horde doesn’t want to participate in the event. It is too easy for their entire raid to be griefed by civilian killers so they often are running around unorganized in much smaller groups.

Other than the lack of horde participants, I don’t think there is a problem with the event. Maybe a wintergrasp balance buff is required, but it would be impossible to do so without kicking all the non-participants out of the zone. Every single horde base is right near an alliance one and horde have way better flightpaths, they should have been the ones dominating this event by every means.

Lmao, only have at least a month and a half of grinding rank. You don’t get anything close to competitive to raid gear until rank 12. What are you on about?

You can literally just buy +stam +main stat lvl 20-25 greens off the AH and be competitive in pvp right now

In actual classic endgame that would not be viable

There aren’t a ton of extra modifiers on gear right now, it’s extremely easy to gear up to be at a competitive level

If one player dings 60 and focuses on pvp rep grinding and honor grinding, they will be decked out at about the same time someone who chose to start raiding MC by starting to grind pre-BiS first. It was great design. You could go back and forth between the play styles and not skip a beat. Here, you just have to raid. You can’t even compete in pvp without raiding. It’s silly. There needs to be a parallel gear progression system for pvp for each phase.

But back to the topic. The devs seem to be saying layer hopping is the correct meta to make Ashenvale work. If you’re not exploiting layers, then you should be losing. First of all, the layers don’t even work properly. Second of all, make a layer drop down if you’re declaring layer hopping to be the intended game strategy for wpvp events.

Third of all, they gave alliance windfury so the majority of active players went to alliance. SO much so they had to lock character creation for alliance. The only people coming to horde are people so late to the game they couldn’t make an alliance character. Which means super casual. They aren’t coming to pvp events. They’re making level eights and calling it a day. Aggrend using this to say “hey, factions are balanced enough – if you’re losing it’s your own fault for not organizing” shows a complete lack of understanding what is even happening in his game. Mixed with a shot of arrogance.

Not even close to true. PvP is time gated. Pre-bis is not

Not to mention that a lot of the pvp gear is actually really bad for most classes compared to pve gear that is available.

Horde has two FPs in the zone and better GY positioning. The map favors them, if anything. Alliance got rolled a lot on Lone Wolf at the start of SoD. It’s likely a problem of population imbalance, and not the design of the event or the zone layout.

What are you even on about? The hardest rune to acquire literally has you go to Ratchet (which in of itself is a pain to get to for alliance) and a horde dominated zone of Stonetalon Mountains. As a hunter, i have a rune that requires me to go LITERALLY NEXT to Tarren mill. My alt rogue has to go to Silverpine Forest and in Hillsbrad foothills to get a runes. So please, stop your whining.

So you have to go to places with flight points and are shared questing zones. Where is the flight point in wetlands for horde again? Tarren Mill, because we don’t go to hammerfall for no reason. Where is it in Redridge and darkshire? STV…

Also there is a blue post that came out today, and literally said that the runes are alliance favored. If you dont believe me, maybe you will believe Aggrend.

After Zoram goes down, half the raid hearth to spinter. The other half runs down to shredder and wipes alliance over and over again until horde wins. ’

Works half the time

Just left another massive sea of alliance 10:1 rofl stomping the one raid horde could put together on Living Flame. Was over in 5 minutes too. Nah, but it’s just a horde organizational problem…

When in doubt, just blame the players, amirite blizz

Alliance makes 3 raid teams. One per base, that’s the whole strat lol.

i can tell you we usually have at least a raid at each objective. unfortunately if people aren’t motivated to join, there isn’t much you can do

re-roll Alliance. It’s the same on Living Flame, and apparently all in our heads according to devs.

3 Likes

You’ll notice a poster came in here and told you their strat.

Then you asked them this:

But I’m here to tell you that you missed something important about what they said:

If the other Horde on your server are layer packing, that actually means they are layer emptying. The Alliance are just staying on their layer, so what might have been balanced before suddenly becomes a Horde exodus to a single layer. How are you going to win as Horde when your team is ditching you to huddle on one layer? Sounds impossible to me honestly.

Your only option is to follow that meta if it is occurring because you need a team. The Alliance are not doing anything wrong, they’re just…staying put, unknowingly hoping that their layer isn’t the one picked to get zerged. The side effect is that Horde is handing them wins on almost every other layer. Get in the discords and figure out if this is happening.

Only because the Horde made it that way instead of taking their chances on a fair fight.

I’m not sure how close the faction balancing is. On my server there’s normally about 7 layers and even on the layer we stack it’s about 50/50 if we win or lose. I feel like the minority faction just gets filled up with bots that aren’t going to partake in the battleground. Layering needs to take faction balance into account too and try force it to be 50/50 in ashenvale at the least.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I played all weekend + today and out of 10 ashenvale pvp event, i lost 2. I’m always winning for the most part.

Someone should study the psychology of horde vs alliance players. While waiting for the event to start (also lone wolf), horde raid was steamrolling us. Just couldn’t get ourselves together.

At 1 percent out they left us alone. Once the event starts, alliance crushes all bosses. We killed shredder, moved to cata then onto general.

I think horde players must be good at dynamic event response and predicting behaviour and alliance must be good at pattern recognition and memorization.

There is certainly some mechanics that are not balanced with Ashenvale but it’s amusing to see (over the last 20 years) that horde is better at pvp and alliance better at pve.

1 Like