Ascendance needs a Graphical Update in 10.0

Not only does it need a graphical update it needs to be changed into something else. The 3 min waiting around cooldown explosion experience is not so awesome as it was years ago.

Have us look like some witch doctor or witch-like creature depending on your character’s gender.

What is your dream graphic update for enhancement shamans?

21 Likes

100% this. Ascendance and Lightning Bolt need huge graphical updates. As for the witch doctor, maybe for trolls but being an orc I want something more primal and elemental. For the general shaman class it should be your and elemental version of your character with maybe a specific form for certain races. The first patch of DF is all about “Primalists” and elementals so hopefully there is a good model to use as a basis for a new model

9 Likes

Ascendance needs to have a shorter cd like other similar burst talents like 2m.

10 Likes

Also it should change more abilties in to new abilties other than just stormstrike. Spamming SS isnt rewarding for such a big cooldown

1 Like

Legacy of frost witch should also lower the cd of ascendence by 1 sec everytime you stormstrike.

1 Like

lets hope doomwinds and Legacy of frost witch are talents and enhance gets chain harvest like dks got slappy hands.

2 Likes

would rather have fleshcraft than chain harvest. Requires more timing and is not op. Used right it is very good, especially for a spec that has 1 def cd and terrible pvp talent options

1 Like

I always liked the cata glyph that made me look like I was made of fire as an ele.

2 Likes

i can agree with that Ascendance needs a graphical update and Ascendance needs a shorter cd like 2m.

3 Likes

Exactly. They should make cosmetic glyphs available in every new patch, not every other expansion. The game needs to stay fresh looking not look dated.

1 Like

I agree. As much as I like Disturbed being the dude from the CD does not feel like a Shaman

2 Likes

once we had an ascendance glyph that didnt turn into hideous things, it was removed because well… someone probably hated it… i don’t know why…

3 Likes

I would be happy with the original ascendency we turned into. I was severely disappointed when they changed it. Would love to know how this ugliness made it to live in the first place

2 Likes

first off it should definitely be race specific

1 Like

They could go the Mage Combustion way and just make Ascendance surround your character with elemental effect:
Ele Ascendance - cover your body with magma
Enh Ascendance - cover your body with whirling winds
Resto Ascendance - cover your body with water streams

Also, +1 to reducing its CD to 2 min. I would also add that if they remove Elemental tier set effect in Dragonflight, please also reduce CD of Fire / Air Elemental to 2 min to match trinkets / other CDs better.

7 Likes

I agree with you. When I think of Ascendance I think of a Primal raw elemental rampaging on the field of battle. Not the administrative assistant to Ragnaros.

with lightning Bolt, We have a thread that if Blizzard would read I think would make lightning bolt be really a great spell.

3 Likes

I feel like lightning bolt should come down from the sky like, ya know, lightning in nature. I imagine a shaman raising his/her weapon to the sky and charging it with lightning, causing lightning to strike their enemies.

2 Likes

yeah I am in agreement with you on that one. Or even the thor thing where he points his weapon lightning hits the weapon and he can direct it like a beam towards his target.

1 Like

I think ascendence should turn us into an elemental!

1 Like

I think it should depend on your spec, so enhancement becomes a storm elemental, Ele is fire, and Resto is water, and for the eventual tank spec, they become an earth Ele.

1 Like