Ascendance needs a Graphical Update in 10.0

It turns Shamans into wow’s rendition of D’ Jinn which is an elemental being in religion/ mythology.

Naw, we all turn into bobble heads mascots of Thrall

1 Like

Ascendance is a hideously ugly, outdated model. It’s another visual example of how much Blizzard hates Shamans.

Honestly, when I slap that Ascend button, I should have a whirlwind and lightning around me, and I should look like a literal force of nature, floating in a storm off the ground.

5 Likes

I love the reset of ss after using a 5 stack of maelstrom.

Makes the rotation so smooth

When using Ascendance, I don’t want to transform into a regular elemental, I want my character to be elemental. Make my eyes glow with my element, give me flaming / windblown / flowing water hair, and match my spells with my Ascended element. In 10.0, I want to use the Deeply Rooted Elements talent, and suddenly look like I went Super Saiyan or Full Cowling, that’d be sweet.

I’d really like to have my Lightning Bolt streak from the sky (or from the ground upwards), rather than casting it from my hand. I want it to have a more ‘nature’ look, and my character should have a more dramatic look when calling it. Toss in a momentary electrical aura on my Shaman.

Also, ever play Marvel vs Capcom 1 or 2? I’d love it if Earth Shock sent out seismic shocks that traveled the ground to your target, kind of like Magneto’s Magnetic Shockwave (only, less flashy and earth colored :smiley: )

3 Likes

I agree…they need to update the look of the lightning bolt. It’s time they begin to make things look better for the characters. No more of this late year 2000’s stagnate aesthetics. Put some time and effort into looking at things for the character’s abilities.

3 Likes

This is off topic, but with all the elementalist patch we are gonna have in DF. Can we get new totems for the OG Shamans? I mean, they look horrendous rn.

1 Like

Personally I’d love a Glyph choice if my suggestion seems a little crazy but I’d love Ascendence to take on visuals of the actual Elemental Lords we as for our strength…

For Example, we be mini avatars of the Elemental Lord we take most our guidance from from the Spec we choose.

Restoration - Neptulon (Water)
Elemental - Smolderon (Fire)
Enhancement - Thunderaan (Wind)

It be as if the Elemental Lords themselves are granting us immense power and strength directly from themselves for the limited time. I think it’s would be visually amazing.

Regardless of the decision Ascendence does need a graphics overhaul, not to forget to mention the update on Lightning Bolt and Core Races on Totems aswell.

I’m open to a graphical rework.

I also wouldn’t mind perhaps a glyph to remain in your normal physical appearance while using the ability. Maybe have a more enraged appearance so it’s clear you’re using the cd but maintain your armor/weapons etc

And yes pls lower cd

1 Like

Would be cool honestly for each race to get a unique design

2 Likes

It’s so ugly. Needs an update.

3 Likes

When I use ascedance, i want to “ascend” I WANNA GO TO HEAVEN BABY!! LEVITATING, A FORCE OF NATURE WITH FLOWING WIND, CYCLONES FIRE AND ICE COMIN OUTTA MY
HANDS AND LIGHTNING STREAKING AROUND ME! :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. WoW’s rendition of djinn are air elementals that you can see in the Vortex Pinnacle and Lost City of the Tol’vir dungeons, or the Throne of the Four Winds raid.

Ascendance’s model is the Twilight Ascendant model from Cataclysm: Twilight’s Hammer cultists who consumed elementals to transform into abominations. Ascendance using that model essentially says that the apex of shamanism is a bunch of doomsday lunatics we wiped out a decade ago.

Also incredibly frustrating that it still only has the one unisex male model regardless of your character gender.

3 Likes

Okay, well visually it looks how jinn have historically been depicted.

MOP Ascendance was the most visually appealing imo - Loved the lightning.

Honestly all CDs need to be on 1 min and 2 min CDs. So sick of druids and shamans being on 3 min CDs with no real % dmg amp.

1 Like