As someone who stayed on Vanilla, I feel abandoned by fresh Classic

Sorry to tell you but these toons are just throw away toons…

These are progression servers and they will never make it to live, the whole thing is based around just enjoying your time. These toons won’t ever be released to live and at some point you will quit the toon.

You will either stay on a dead server in a dead version of the game or move on, but ultimately fresh starts are really appealing so the masses will always reroll.

EverQuest does this exact same thing.

5 Likes

Hate to break it to ya, but classic era will be donezo when fresh comes out. There is zero need to keep them. I think there are like 400 players total on them lol.

2 Likes

Ya Dooont say, everyone left for the “new stuff” but a few of yall? and ya upset the server is dead?

Everyone knew this would happen way before your post lol

3 months after launch of the fresh I’d be okay if they allowed you to transfer your character - but only your character. Empty bags, empty bank, max 25g, no gear. Deal?

TBC is far from perfect, but at least most of the specs aren’t so obviously broken/bad like they are in Vanilla, which was compounded even further with the awful gear itemization of Vanilla.

1 Like

There are literally Pservers that have been around for almost 10 years. They are “Forever” Servers and enjoy a steady stream of new players as well as end game raiders.

So your statements are not based in reality. People want to play Vanilla Wow.

So much bitterness and toxic about you sir. Seriously.

The poster has legitimate standing and reason for complaint. I’m a bit surprised you are posting from a lvl 60 and not some TBC 70 scrub.

People play CLASSIC because they wanted to play CLASSIC and not be shoved into a TBC cash grab by blizzard. I’m not sure what about this you DON’T get but people were WRONGED and I for one am glad they are looking to make it right with the announcement of a Fresh.

And YES ABSOLUTELY a player should be able to merge into the Fresh servers after a certain point. All pvp servers (or timezone specific ones) should become one big server to keep fresh blood in the mix for pvp and raiding. It’s only logical.

3 Likes

Come find me in Whitemane server and say hi. I’d love to be part of that 100 players on a Forever server :slight_smile: just send me some mail with btag info. blessings brother!

i don’t think you understand and you’re just fighting ghosts.

i’m saying that if blizzard releases classic +, it will segregate more the classic community and classic forever legacy servers are going to be forgotten.

because:

a) blizzard cannot merge late p6 classic + servers with forever classic legacy servers (because both servers will have significant changes between each other, i.e. summoning meeting stones, no wbuffs in raids, exp x2, etc).

b) blizzard CAN merge late p6 classic fresh servers with forever classic legacy servers (because both servers have the same structure).

Ya, no.

He does not.

Yes and it was doomed to die. Guess what happened? it died. Big surprise. The whole classic thing only works if you constantly have fresh realms because thats that experience people look into classic. Literally nobody dreams of farming naxx for 2 years.

Wrong.
They shouldn’t and if they let it happen you kill the entire purpouse of fresh realms.
Let the char rot in the museum server because thats where it belongs. Once the new fresh ends its cycle let people fom the fresh transfer for the museums servers.

1 Like

i guess you’re one of those people that actually likes paying taxes.

why would i pay 1 year of subscription just to get a toon banished in the oblivion?

that might be your idea of fun, but i do like to keep engaged with my investment not as a piece of museum left to rot.

1 Like

I have no idea why people paid to transfer their 60 to completely dead realm when TBC launched.
Simple put, nobody cares and if they ever allow the character to transfer may it be so once tbc is relaunched.

personally i paid because i wanted to play both games.

i’ve played tbc for 1 month, got full bis, ssc & tk attuned and bored me to tears. so i came back for mc/bwl/aq40/naxx which seems way more interesting and fun to me than anything that tbc has to offer.

1 Like

I don’t care nor will I play any version of a “Classic +” server. As I am ONLY an advocate for “Forever” servers and Classic ‘Era’ servers that’s pretty much what I’m saying.

To be specific. a “Classic +” server does not mean a Classic Era server with ‘changes’ it is specifically a server that once all 6 phases of content are released a new direction will be gone in. Mt Hyjal or whatever content was originally planned for the game (before the idea to create a TBC happened)

In essence 'as if TBC never existed what might blizzard have done with the Vanilla version of Wow. aka “Classic +”

well, definitively blizzard don’t think that way. that’s why they sent a survey about classic realms with x2 exp, summoning meeting stones and no wbuffs.

Oh ya, and you did hope everyone else would flow to compete against naxx geared chars, right?
Incredible idea.
Needless to say it will never happen.

Its either fresh and fresh only for about the same time or uh, dead realms.

Blizzard betrayed the good faith of their playerbase by ‘forcing’ everyone into TBC
(and yes if you put a pay wall between you and content you incentivize one thing and throttle the other)

You simply show your complete ignorance to what has been going on for the past 2 years + and in general the war between Pserver community and ‘Retail’

The better way for Blizzard to honor their players would have been to LEAVE THE SERVERS ALONE! and let people make a copy from their 60 into a FRESH new TBC.
Bliz obviously (for monetary reasons and to create the problem we are trying to address now) did this on purpose and in so doing betrayed their palayer base destroying their once thriving communities in Classic Era servers.

1 Like

Personally, I see it as an opportunity to play something new in Vanilla (which is my favorite version) while others still actually need the content. That’s a pretty big deal to me. Maintaining the museum piece doesn’t do it for me. If there was something that would get me back to Vanilla, this is it.

1 Like

There is a reason that I define my terms: when I say “Classic +” and when I say “Forever” servers.

This way there is no confusion. If you weren’t around for the conversations in YouTube and all over various platforms the ‘streamer’ community players like Esfand and Kargoz etc shaped the awesome experience we got with Classic Wow.

This is what “Classic +” meant and still means regardless of playing games with redefining terms. #nochanges

in fact having a naxx toon in your raid it’s way better because you’re getting carried, if that’s what you’re asking.

people aren’t playing classic era realms because blizzard is placing so much publicity & marketing on tbc atm.

if they change it, i’m pretty sure that ppl would come back in waves to classic era realms (in fact, blizzard mentioned changes for Classic Era realms and population growed since then). it totally depends on how biased people are based on blizzard’s marketing strategies.

if they want to make “forever classic” cool, they can do it, and it will attract tons of players. but they have other plans in mind (selling boosts/mounts/special packs and more micro-transactions).

if you think that people actually had choice, and they’re just choosing tbc because it’s “better” you’re biased too.

well that goes against the concept of a fresh server…

How about you can transfer your character, but as level 1 with no gear.

1 Like