As someone who stayed on Vanilla, I feel abandoned by fresh Classic

When I started playing WoW Classic, a forever home was all that I wanted.

I had/have zero interest in TBC, so even though I went to dip my toe in there, I cloned my characters to keep them in the Vanilla game. I never made it out of the first few quests in TBC - just wasn’t interested.

Anyway, so flash forward six months or so and lots of people seem to be realising what I knew already - Vanilla was the bottled lightning of WoW and TBC isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

So now we’re getting “Fresh Servers”, potentially moving into something better – and meanwhile the original Classic Vanilla servers are these strange Limbo worlds of not many players and nothing else.

So – what I’d like to see happen, is whatever happens with these fresh Classic servers, is for those of us stuck as clones on dead Classic Vanilla realms to at some point be able to transfer over to one of the new – active realms.

I don’t want to just throw away these characters and start all over again, but I’d like an active economy and landscape to my game.

I understand that I’d have to wait. In full GM gear a bunch of people like me would trivialise early PVP and early content and our money would defeat the purpose of a new economy – so maybe some rules. No transfers at all until AQ40, and if you’ve got Naxx gear and AQ40 gear already, it has to be wiped from your char before you move. Perhaps when Naxx launches it’s only Naxx gear that has to be wiped — I don’t know – just a possibility. I’d be quite happy to level an alt on the new realm until such a time as my mains could move over.

I’d be awfully disappointed if we see these new realms turn into Classic plus realms while the original ones and their few loyal denizens were left to rot.

29 Likes

Not sure what you expected on a forever classic server but it will always be dead. And no you won’t be able to xfer ur bis character to a fresh alive server.

30 Likes

I’m the same, I did all of Classic live and tried TBC and it really didn’t hook me.

I’m actually starting fresh on Classic Vanilla, I rolled a Night Elf Druid on Ashkandi. I’m level 18 and I met a lot of very friendly people questing. Most people are super happy to interact with another human because of the lack of players, so I kinda get that private server vibe. I’m able to find groups for dungeons and there’s clearly a few guilds raiding. There’s downsides to the lack of players too, but so far I could buy all I needed on AH or off players and less players = less spam and bots, so its pretty quiet and relieving to get a decent LFG/Trade chat.

I’m fine with every aspect of Classic Vanilla. I’m also really confused on why everybody is begging Blizzard to make the game another way… Can’t you guys leave my D2:R and WoW Classic the way they are?

I’m convinced that Blizzard could leave WoW Classic untouched and in a few years it would have its own community and would be, yes maybe small, but very well alive. Also people come and go. I was in shock to find a brand new retail player trying Classic Vanilla over TBC. In my head only Veterans would play it, but no, new player still try it with the expectation to reach end game and raid.

In conclusion, I came back to Classic Vanilla, it’s small, but alive and Blizzard should just leave it untouched because at least a few people still enjoy it that way.

8 Likes

Transferring near bis mains who played for 2+ years from classic kills the whole point of classic fresh…

27 Likes

I have a similar feeling, but they better not force me to compete for my names again.

2 Likes

Had they not introduced tbc classic, classic era servers would probably be much more populated. But bringing tbc into the mix killed them. The more of these " versions" that come out, the more all of the " versions " feel more empty. When fresh classic comes out they will have retail, classic era, tbc classic and classic fresh. So now the playerbase is divided into 4 categories instead of all in retail.

6 Likes

I truly appreciate your post! These are pretty much my sentiments exactly. (I have threads I’ve posted similarly on) Blizzard just needs to give the Vanilla ONLY crowd a few ‘forever’ servers. I’m glad I did not do the R14 grind but would like to make a warrior and do that. It’s a HUGE commitment that I only want to do ONCE! and I don’t want to be obsolete because everyone got shoved into TBC or some iteration of Classic + where green items out preform what was once BiS.

And is that really so bad? As long as there are not a stupid number of servers spreading those 4 groups all about it’s truly fine. People want to play what they want to play. I will not play TBC and if they do not list at least one specific PvP server as a “FOREVER” server I will just go back to Pservers.

the main concern is if forever classic servers are going to get merged with late p6 fresh servers or blizz is going to make several changes to fresh classic servers in a way that both servers will never be merged.

for example, if blizzard erases wbuffs from raids and makes several changes for specs/gear, there won’t be any way to merge forever classic servers with late p6 classic plus servers.

if that’s the case, our toons will rot on forever classic legacy servers.

You don’t have to play Fresh Classic.

Are you even actually playing with anyone on the Classic Era servers? Theres nobody on them

2 Likes

you’re wrong.

some classic era servers have 100 to 150 population on weekdays and 150 to 250 on weekends. really depends on which server though. but we have enough people to complete all the 20man and 40man content each week.

6 Likes

Yet all the PvP servers have at max 10 players online outside of raid time.

1 Like

nope

sounds like a personal problem, reroll or cope

so you want to transfer over when the servers will start to bleed out…the same way the original run through of classic started to die off post naxx. lol what

my naxx geared shaman is rotting on the era servers and I couldn’t care less. That’s how it is.

3 Likes

I plan to be playing a “stuck in phase 6” version of classic with my grandkids, Lord willing. May have to transfer servers, so I can find people to play with, but I don’t mind. As long as there’s one official WoW Classic server to play on, I’m in. I’ll bet there are a few hundred people who feel the same way. Which is all you really need to make a server feel quite alive.

7 Likes

wrong, unless ur playing in china

I tried to tell them all…nobody listens. Look at my post history.

You shouldn’t feel anything, this new “Reset server” will be in the same spot as Classic Live is in now and all the players will quit or move on once its done. The issue this time around will be population, the “reset server” will have issues with it. Also once Blizz sees that its not bringing back the same amount people, they’ll let the bots/hackers take over as well.

You might get one or two servers that will be active but nothing like it was the first go around, nor the excitement. Last time you had millions of people excited, this time you have thousands…

Blizz is done, they need to sell the IP’s and close down.

come to pagle. we clear cntent weekly and server is growing.

1 Like

Plus servers might be better as there own thing where blizz can experiment with some changes. While they refused to listen to people about the terrible impact merc mode would have on casual pvp, ideas that people actually agreed on universally like nerfing shamans and removing rank decay could be added and experimented on. New raids, jewelcrafting, and pvp rank reform being the most talked of.

Seasonal servers might be good for people who want to experience progress through mc with only late dungeon and ubrs gear, after some point they can transfer a char to a permanent server and still raid late game.

I worry about fresh no changes servers as we all know how it will end with two identical servers one of which has a year’s more gear and stuff, I don’t believe that an unmodified server with fresh as its draw will do well and if that is the case best to do it with a seasonal server which will push its characters to current museum after a certain amount of time post phase 6 event.

1 Like

I knew it was going to be like this, when they did TBC. It would be a ghost town till Fresh.

Betrayed by what? Your soo valuable time farming GM was stolen from you?
Nobody cares about it. Your choice to sweat it hard.
No, you should never, at any circumstances be able to transfer your character to a fresh realm. Never. If anything people can transfer their chars to your server once its cycle end and there you can have your museum server nobody cares about.
The whole idea of sticking to a game in its last patch with no more updates and pretending everyone will be fine with it has always been a horrible one, you should feel bad for having this idea.

And guys, thats something you probably didnt realise already, but your whole old era servers will be updated with the same QoL the fresh classic will be. I am sure dozens(literally, dozens is the whole population of most servers lmao) of you will lament this horrible situation but there it is.

3 Likes

I hope the fresh ends up feeling like seasons from Diablo 3, I might dabble a bit.

I don’t think you should be able to transfer toons until the full “season” is over, and the new one is starting in like a week.