As an older gamer, I prefer Classic over Retail

I am reaching 60 years old next week and I have played all manners of MMOs during my time from Everquest all the way to SWtOR/Star Trek/etc.

Out of all the MMOs, I would have to say my favorite was WoW particularly the older versions hence when Classic was launched in 2019 I was extremely excited to relive the old days of traditional MMO games.

What I have noticed through my time on Classic is that there is a stark difference between Retail and Classic in that Retail feels very lonely for me, I have attempted to join guilds and even try to participate in events but most of the time everyone felt disconnected from one another and it didn’t remind me of an MMO that much.

Classic however felt incredible, I was able to see people in the open world for once and we were doing dungeons and learning about old specs/professions and running through the quests again simply was a beautiful experience.

I make this post to say that although I enjoy reliving the past, I also find that certain parts of the past for example LFD in Wrath should not make a reappearance again which it seems Blizzard is also of the same mind.

I have read arguments on both sides of RDF, but ultimately as an older gamer I do prefer Classic to be separated from Retail and from my years of playing WoW the automated systems killed off any sort of social interaction within the Community.

I know my opinion might not mean much but I hope this finds you all well, take care and thanks for reading.

13 Likes

Oh boy, another one. Nothing to see here folks.

9 Likes

Another one? I’m confused.

Yea you must be very confused

11 Likes

Oh look. A new account to get vacationed.

Report, Mute and move along everyone.

6 Likes

LFG, GDKP, RDF at it again report and move on. This dude still hasn’t provided receipts for his “donations”. All he does everyday is troll and make fake sobbing stories to win your hearts. You can keep hiding on alts but one thing you can’t change is your writing style. His character names is another dead giveaway that he’s trolling to get a bait. I don’t think this dude even plays the game. He spends more time trolling the forums.

5 Likes

Not sure what I said wrong here? I am just giving my opinions.

1 Like

chef’s kiss

Reel em in, hook em hard.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Ah now I see why some people are upset, I think they might not like my stance on RDF. One thing I learned throughout my years is that you can’t make everyone happy :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

Oh look another one of these 3 letter named sockpuppets, probably all beloning to the same guy.

Just report and move on folks.
:axe:

10 Likes

This is the truth the Lobby Kings don’t the devs to see! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Your welcome :slight_smile:

Imagine paying $15 to troll the forums.
Not sure if the memo was sent but you could do it free on Reddit lmao.

6 Likes

I agree. RDF ruined the community over time. It was fine at first but it didn’t take long for people to stop talking altogether and start yelling at the slightest mistake or not going as fast as they think you should.

I think the current crop of kids in WoW are too used to instant gratification they get in Retail. They’re used to how easy things are. How quickly you get groups from the push of a button. No work needed. No need to engage with the community. I quit retail during Legion because it just felt like a 1 player game.

I enjoyed Classic. I can’t wait for WotLK classic. It’s nice actually talking to people every day because you have to interact with the community if you want to get anything done.

rdf ruined the communuity? how abt u ppl ruined it. wow 's playerbase is worse than moba’s loool. u trolls are really waving blizzard dog s excuse, how boring. got ppl r bad in and out of lfd, dont matter where they come from.

No idea if OP is legit or not, but I agree with the overall post. I think one of the biggest mistakes Blizz made with Classic was adding cross realm zones in pvp. Such a great part of Vanilla, running battlegrounds with / against familiar faces that you ran into in the open world. Vanilla wow really was more of a social game than a solo experience where everyone else is just an npc.

3 Likes

but unfortunately, the company adds new features, features that should not be eliminated such as RDF, and another one that loses the essence that others experienced in 2008, really it will not be almost the same as what was seen at the time, and there is something that won’t be able to experience like the OP DK in 3.0.0 or when ICC was closed without that ram before 3.3.0

And other things that would only be to endure and see if it is positive or not for this new age.

60 or 6? kek

either way cool time to retire and retire off these forums that u been plaguing since the beginner of time. :^)

For some reason, this post of his almost got me. For a second, I imagined this chill 60 year old dude speaking passionately about his love for MMOs and it was heartwarming. Moments later, I saw his name and felt like an idiot lmao.

1 Like