As a Non-LFR Player - Slime Cat SHOULD be in LFR

I would legitimately want it more.

Blue :blue_heart:

1 Like

My issue these days, is, unlike warlord’s of draenor where there were still a bunch of reskins and recolors, and some being difficult to get, others being locked behind raids and whatever else, achieves.

This has been my issue with mount farming in wow in recent years, post legion, is they never add enough skins of the models to the game. It used to be like, each mount had several reskins of the same model in the game, and some were easy, and some were really hard.

Take the gronnling mounts for example in warlords of draenor. One was a rare spawn that spawned every 200 days or so. 100 percent chance for everyone who tagged it, but still. Took forever, and i am exaggerating on the spawn timer a big, but good lord. You had the raid achievement one. You had that charcoal looking one which you had the option of buying for 5 k or so. So there were at least a few different ways of obtaining a gronnling. Same thing with the boars. A ton of reskins were available.

Often times, i can forgo there being a limited supply of reskins, in the case of the challengers war yeti, for example. It has the same model as a gronnling.

But other times, the brutosaur longboi comes to mind, where he is the only brutosaur in the whole game. Unlike the travveler mammoth, where there are 3 options, and a few smaller mammoth options to, he is the only option. I say add a reskin longboi with no vendors and call it a day. As i recall, that was the reason given. They wanted to keep the vendor rare, as pretty much everyone has a traveler’s tundra mammoth. It was the model most people cared about. I mean, shoot. If i want to auction some items, i will go to Thunderbluff, and visit my boys Stampi or gullem.

And while there are other dinosaur mounts in the game, there are not any brachiosaur mounts. I tend to treat the rules for my mount collecting like this, with some rulesets. But, for example, the uncorrupted voidwing. I have so many dragons in the game already, so i did not even bother. 250 k for a run, plus needing a cape. Not worth it to me. My awesome violet proto drake, netherwing drake, and red and blue drake collections will suffice. They all look the same to me. And i thought the violet spellwing was ugly. I paid 10 k for the moose.

Hardly any moose models either. The archeology one was the easiest though. But let us shed some facts on the gooey kitty. I think it was like the second most popular request for the community survey, i don’t remember the nerubian crawler, the one i wanted, or the violet spellbook being nearly as high. So we at least have reason to believe it would have been super popular down the line if blizzard ever chose to add it in.

My point is, exclusivity should be based on the color and not the model. I think there should always bee like 10 of each mount added in the game all the time, with a variety of ways to get each one. Some easy, some hard. That is how it should be. Usually i use a rule set, because, while there isonly one goey saber in the game, i do have other cat mounts. At this point to me, a cat is a cat. This one just happens to be more, gooey, i guess. Or something.

Some mounts have a bunch of ways. 9 proto drakes for example. A plethora of ways to get them all, except for the black proto drake. And the plagued proto drake shows up on the BMAH like every 20 years, and you fork over 2 trillion gold, and you might get it. The rest are achievements, or 1 percent drops. In wrath classic, most folks will probably get the violet one. It is the easiest, and single player.

I think if we can have 9 proto drakes, we can also have 9 gooey sabers to. Usually, i try to forgo what i want, as it doesn’t just add up. I remember there being the mimirons head in ulduar, and only being one of them, but everyone wanted it. I never understood why though. I always felt it was ugly. So even now, it is pretty much your only option. Other similar mounts at the time, were the engineer copters, which needed engineering. And now, we have that super cool gallywix lookin thing from motherlode, made by engineers, for non engineers. Looks strikingly similar though.

Other times, the model might be limited, but it is so cheap no one cares. Like the sky golem. No one complains. You just buy the one model off the AH. And i think the only other model of that is the lumber extractor. You need 300 toys. Other times, people do complain. Only 2 options for a quiraji beetle tank. The blue one from archeology, to hard. And the black one, which required you to be around way back in the day. It is another popular mount to. And still to this day, i cannot ride my red bettle. Why? I dunno. Because they don’t like sand i guess.

Seriously, we just need 10 of every mount available in the game. The color should be the determining of it’s rarity. Not the model itself. Like i gave up on the emerald drake. I got all the drops i needed in dragon soul, and am only missing blazing drake. Yah, no thanks blizz. I got a blue drake, so i am cool. So make like 8 other gooey sabers, and make one purchasable off the AH or something, and BAM, everyone wins. Then the raiders can laugh that they have a super rare gooey green saber mount. And the casuals can still feel cool and whatever else because they have the red gooey saber. Not to mention, it goes faster to.

The only reason that matters is that the achievements that are already live say it comes from any difficulty.

1 Like

I don’t think this is an argument. If we could go by this, then you’re just a conditioned and handpicked puppet by Blizzard to represent their ideal player. Obedient and nice to look at.

As Näamah has pointed out it already, other mounts have been awarded for doing LFR-content. Stop gating content, let everyone get the items with no time limit or stress. The game is supposed to be fun, isn’t it?

1 Like

I’m also in favor of it remaining accessible through LFR for this reason only. If they hadn’t previously advertised it as obtainable from all difficulties, I wouldn’t have considered it a big deal. Just another raid mount (that got its appearance nerfed no less).

LFR isn’t solo, though. I feel for solo only players, they’re kind of left with an actual content drought while raiders, M+ runners, and to a lesser extent PvPers get some sort of hold over until DF.

And unless you have a guild/community, raiding in general is kind of miserable.

2 Likes

tougher world bosses with heroic gear drops.

I’m far from a puppet at least I’d hope so. But I do think it’s fair to understand the effort=reward crowds PoV.

The PvP gladiator mounts to me are the coolest looking mounts in the game but I don’t PvP and honestly I’m not good at it. I accept that I don’t put in the effort to get my favorite mounts and that’s ok it’s awesome to see people out that effort in and be rewarded.

While yes it’s a game, it’s a game that takes time. And when people are putting their time into something they want to feel rewarded. That reward comes from many different things and avenues in WoW and not everyone will get everything unless they go crazy. I think understanding why there are people who don’t want everything to be low effort is important in coming to an understanding with other community members.

That being said Blizzards communication on season 4 was poor. It seemed like they forgot it existed but they’re human. Trust me when I say it’s not just them not giving these details sooner, so many things were asked for months and ignored. That is the biggest problem imo

You make it sound like people don’t have to put in their time to clear all the bosses in LFR.

As the achievement stands in-game, you would need to kill ALL the bosses in THREE raids. You need to kill THIRTY bosses.

Plus, you have to do it with complete strangers, so you never know if people are going to be competent and the run will be smooth, or you’ll be wiping on each boss 4-8 times.

AND each raid consists of four “wings”, so that’s twelve gambles of how your morning/afternoon/evening can play out.

People put in their time and effort, even in LFR.

Also, why not just make the mount a mythic-only reward if raid difficulty suddenly became the driving factor of discussion? Nobody cared that the mount was (and is still listed as such in-game) going to be for doing the fated raids on ANY difficulty. It only became an issue after a single Blizzard reply…

3 Likes

To be fair, this is a regular player thing. After I have transcended into the RP scene I can easily tell you that this is an OOC-craving which is rightfully hard to get content.

The problem lies with Blizzard. You have read my postings about the Vicious mounts, yes? This is absolutely terrible. Why do we have this second class system in place, actually? Why don’t they just update the older models? If people would have actually access to class and race fantasy mounts which don’t look like 2004/2007, then perhaps the overall sentiment wouldn’t be this bad either. Surely, people will always want to have more but I have not seen a single CC championing for equality when it comes to the mount updates.

And this also plays into the FOMO rewards in. Inaccessible stuff done for manipulative tactics. If the game wouldn’t be in this bad state to begin with, more people would actually be chill in not getting every item.

Let’s rewind a bit the overall situation:

• A lore-based dwarven set is money- and time-gated while they also neglected it’s content by not making it an Archaeology reward (RAF-set)
  • A Blood Elf heritage mount is a cash shop item and was replaced with a low effort mount from TBC.
  • Artifact weapon skins are gated behind elitism
  • Lore-based sets are not available
  • Heritage weapons are not available despite models existing
  • Mounts are not available or too expensive despite a demand being clearly here (BfA mounts in general)
  • Titles are not available or character-gated
  • Lore-based toys have an unreasonable cooldown (a RP-keg with a 5min timer and 1hr cooldown while flags persists endlessly?)

Everything pours into the problem. People want to have fun but there are so many obstacles that this is not simply possible. The slime cat mount is just the cherry on top of it of a far bigger problem and I haven’t seen most CC either commenting or speaking out of the general issue:

The game does not reward people enough for the content which is available. Either it’s too limited, not accessible or sheer unreasonable configured.

4 Likes

But any difficulty doesn’t include lfr that’s going to benefit carry scammers Blizz did wrong on that

What statements did I make did you believe were hyperbole?

That LFR is the most runned raid tier? Cause that’s 100% true.
That there are notably fewer serious raiding guilds now than in the past? Also true, and notable due to the World Firsters having a harder time getting ‘good enough’ players to fill slots/backups as they tend to recruit from the more serious raiding guilds to begin with.

The reason there is no outrage for those is they are INDICATED AS BEING SUCH FROM THE BLOODY START

Really, you are the most disingenuous person that I’ve seen here commenting on this, which is a damned shame with you being on the council and being so disingenuous toward others.

The individuals working for Blizzard are human, but overall, as a corporation, they have pr/communications teams, and the bait and switch they pulled here could land them in hot water for intentionally misleading consumers to get them to continue subbing to the game prior to Dragonflight.

That may not have been their intent, but that is how many casual players, including more genuine, council members are seeing it.

This isn’t misinterpretation. This is Blizzard stringing LFR players along for 3 months to get more subs, and then pulling the rug out from under us.

If the blue who announced it was not in LFR made a mistake, that’s fine, but he needs to tell us that. The radio silence on this is horrible.

Maizou and I don’t see eye to eye on everything, but she hit the nail on the head here. This is EXACTLY what has happened, intentionally or not, Blizzard has continually burned and spit on the casual crowd like they are ‘second class’ consumers of WoW content/product, and been so disingenuous with everything that the VAST majority of us cannot give them the benefit of the doubt due to the sheer maliciousness they’ve had toward us.

Ask for player housing: get Garrisons which were horribly implemented overall, and told ‘See you players don’t know what you want, let Blizzard tell you what you want’ as just a quick example off the top of my head.

1 Like

Wait… Mage Tower is open 24/7? Well wish I knew that gonna have too look into how to get the mount >.>

But the mage tower mount is not limited edition

I honestly see it at this point, as ian only caring about the elitist jerks. I mean, the name of his guild. Those are the only types of players who deserve anything i guess. Casual players can go jump off a bridge and not get anything is how i see it.

Like why does an elitist have to be the wow director. Just so casual, non elitist jerk players get nothing i guess. And why can’t phil spencer fire this dude. Ian seems to only care about the elitist jerk players that play this game. It is that simple.

1 Like

no way. keep it out of lfr.

I mean, if casual players were going to get nothing in season 4 of shadowlands. Why could ian and his team have just said that.

Instead, they left the wording of the achievement, stating just complete the raids, indicating any difficulty, on the PTR and alpha for ever. People formulated the Euphoria of getting the mount for a while to at that point. Then, those players got stabbed.

It is fine to be told no. It is not fine to make the answer be yes, and then the answer being no. I honestly feel like if the wording stayed like that all the way to the bloody PTR, and it was being publicly bloody tested, we had every right to believe the casual players would have a shot at the gooey saber in LFR. End of story.

But no. Instead, it is like being told you are getting the thing you wanted for christmas, and then, oh heck no. Like at least say, no, you ain’t getting jack from the get go. Like ok. Cool. To heck with christmas. Still upset. But not as upset as I would be being lied to and bloody deceived.

2 Likes

I don’t think the whole wow community is going to be satisfied with getting the mount out
Edit: I mean that as they said before only the guilds will benefit

There are already plenty of things that encourage people to go into normal. The alternate mogs, the stronger equipment. There’s already an issue with more solo players feeling forced to do organized group content in M+ and Normal+ raids, bait and switching folks with a mount isn’t needed.

Reasons, I can think of, why people don’t play raids past lfr:

1. IRL Obligations making raiding on a set schedule difficult
  2. Not being in a ‘progression’ guild but more of a friend group guild and having pugging anxiet
  3. Not wanting to boost
  4. Not having a high enough ilvl so getting booted
  5. Not having enough experience with the raids mechanics past lfr so getting booted
  6. Not having AOTC and getting booted
  7. Not being hyper optimized and not wanting to change specs/talents so getting booted
  8. Having some form of impairment, and not wanting to feel like your holding people back
  9. Having some form of impairment so not ‘doing enough dps’ and getting booted
  10. Being unable to see all the ground mechanics and such and so not being able to survive fights and getting booted (there’s quite a few mechanics I have trouble seeing ESPECIALLY in First Ones, let alone SoD)
  11. People demanding loot funnels or kick/etc (I experienced this in the past when I tried raiding back in MoP, even got booted for healing TOO good as restosham and messing up the 2 druid’s rotations which was dumb)

And those are off of the top of my head of things that can/do happen in Normal+ that tend not to happen in LFR unless it’s like: dps qued as tank, and doesn’t have the gear for it or afk folks

Slime cat having been Normal+ from the start, none of this would have mattered. Them at the last minute after months of saying ANY RAID DIFFICULT is a bit problem. And then trying to shill that ‘they might just want more people in x’ is horrible. They shouldn’t be using bait and switch tactics (which, mind you, is illegal) to try and pressure people into raid content.

MMO means you play with other people, sure, but that doesn’t mean you should be FORCED into massive group content that puts alot of stress on you. People play games for fun, not to stress or treat it like a second job!

Also, for the record here a bait and switch is as follows:

A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service, which the seller does not actually intend to sell.

Which is EXACTLY what happened here, and was used to bolster subs toward the end of an expansion. It wouldn’t be hard, at all, for people to demand a refund with how things were advertised to get them to stay subscribed, and that being changed right before they could get the thing that was advertised to them but after Bliz got their money. It wouldn’t be hard, at all, for a lawyer to win a lawsuit over this, and with the sheer numbers of people saying they resubbed specifically cause they could get the mount out of LFR…well, class actions cost more than just reimbursing the class of peoples that sue.

Amen!

I am doing it the normal way anyhow, but would be happy with the changes for players that do LFR.

1 Like

Why does it need to be consistent? Why didn’t you complain the the tome came out and wasn’t free? I like how they’re diversifying.

It’s an mmo. God forbid they don’t include solo content in a 6 month patch that was just put in to avoid content drought. I agree the ZM content should have been raised and motes for the mounts reduced though.

You have any idea how easy it’s going to be to do normal in like 1 month once everyone gets those free welfare epics (dinar) and just doing a +2 in their vault?

It’ll get stomped, but everyone needs their damn cat asap so they can complain about having nothing to do.

Grow up. Please.

5 Likes