As a Gaymer, Anduin meant something to me

Consider yourself fortunate. Otherwise feel free to google it.

1 Like

And it was non consensual on both parts… you know what we call that today.

That’s some weird logic. Well, I mean putting aside the poor logic to assume he’s gay in the first place.

Anduin’s not gay, since he’s shown attraction to women, especially Draenei women. Besides, Mathias Shaw swings that way, and Shaw is pretty much James Bond but attracted to men, monogamous and living in a swords and sorcery setting.

How can he be a figurehead for gay people if he’s not gay and LBGT isn’t an issue in the Warcraft universe?

6 Likes

I am a gay guy who plays games. I think a gay anduin would have been nice, but I don’t think anything was ever actually there aside some wrathion tension, which can be read in a lot of ways.

I genuinely think straight or gay anduin or bi anduin or asexual anduin would be fine, so long as it’s well written.

But I’m also not really very invested in the alliance humans to begin with. I’m even more apathetic about Shaw.

3 Likes

Not with adults, but if you arent looking for romance in your teens your wasting your teens.

This thread just keeps on giving.

1 Like

Facial hair is a marker that appears in human males during the process of sexual maturity.

Not really that weird. Inadequate, but not weird.

There’s at least two in Bastion including one of your character’s soulbinds. And Vashj has her own story as to why she didn’t keep her night elf form after it was restored to her.

Who is the other one? Pelagos and who else?

K.

It’s a minor character one of the blue people who used to be a tauren in life. I forget which way they were.

Vashj talks about how her beauty as a Night Elf woman made her more of a thing than a person so after it was restored to her in death, she chose her Naga form in Maldraxxus.

Well, if it’s both Pelagos AND UnnamedTauren then I guess trans representation has been solved.

2 Likes

I miss the days when people didn’t give a flying F on NPC character sexuality and played for the game and story.
Sure, we’d joke about it sometimes, but that was the occasional joke for chuckles or who thought who was hot, and that was it. We moved on.
Of course nowadays, we gotta beat that horse. Sadly, its been so badly beaten, its literally a pile of rancid meat and shattered bones now.

1 Like

Playing the game for the story is not mutually exclusive with wanting broader representation than “straight boy meets straight girl”.

If you think people only just today wanted that representation, then you’re oblivious as all hell. And you’re not. You know they’ve always wanted representation.

You just miss the days when you didn’t hear about it.

10 Likes

Absolutely, I miss the days when people didn’t whine and complain.
I’m all for representation, and games need it. I just hate it when anyone tries to push their opinion about a character. Its as tired as the argument of whether Garrosh did or didn’t do anything wrong.
I would rather see quality relationships develope as the story unfolds more than shoehorning a character to please a group. I’d argue thats what they did to Sylvanas, to please the Sylvie Simps, but thats another thing.

So you miss the days before people existed. Because people have been whining and complaining since there were people.

You literally posted in a forum about discussing and “pushing opinions about” the characters and story of the game.

You went out of your way to click these forums, dedicated to doing that.

But the only time you expressed how you hate the thing you literally sought out is when it’s about LGBTQ+ things.

See, now I know you’re trolling.

8 Likes

Bull. Gamers would wax on hours on how manly their favorite characters were. The games of that time were tailored specifically to undersexed cis boys. The gaming companies were only aware of that one segment of the population and catered almost exclusively to them. Like I said before since that one segment was being catered to… their fantasies were met by default. And they played and kept on playing.

8 Likes

I miss Talonel’s LGBT threads. They got moved here from GD, before I even became a Story Forum regular.

Edit: wasn’t agreeing with you, DH.

1 Like

Well, excuse my entitled “trolling”.
At least some of yall were worth a good laugh.

You are excused.

7 Likes