As a Gaymer, Anduin meant something to me

I did. Believe it or not, I actually did.

I have doubts about the OP’s sincerity to be honest.

For one thing, yes, he’s always been portrayed as straight. At the very least, one could speculate he was bi-sexual, but there was never any evidence for it. Whenever we were given insight into his thoughts and it was about his interest in others, it was always towards female characters.

For another, well… feels a bit like a false flag, give he’s bashed, “woke culture,” at Blizzard before, as Doness pointed out.

3 Likes

I friggin love you.

3 Likes

Wrathion is only 5 years old.

Guards drag Anduin away into to the dungeons.

“Dragons age differently! It’s just like the reverse of that Anime trope where the girl who looks 10 is actually 500 years old, and that makes it okay!”

Guards laugh and continue to drag Anduin away into the dungeons.

9 Likes

What is the age of consent for humans in WoW?

Presumably greater than five.

7 Likes

I wont rest until my Gilnean Queens sit on the throne in a retaken Gilneas.

4 Likes

It’s starting to feel like Quora around here.

The issue with the Anduin/Wrathion ship isn’t Wrathion’s age.

The thing about humans under the age of 18 is they don’t have the mental development or maturity to consent to an adult relationship. So when you are talking about a relationship between an underdeveloped mind and fully or near fully developed mind, there is an inherent power dynamic. Even if the under developed mind appears to be consenting, they don’t have the mental maturity to make decisions like that. So any relationship of that nature is an act of violence, an act of exerting power over the less developed mind, which can be the cause of mental problems down the road.

In the case of Anduin and Wrathion, despite his age, Wrathion could be mentally mature, cuz Dragon aging. But you know who wasn’t? Anduin. During MoP, he was what? 12? 13?

That is the weird thing about it. MoP was a time when the entire WoW community came together and swooned over a falsely perceived romance involving at least one adolescent boy.

Kinda gross.

2 Likes

Why? People are allowed to have romances/romantic feelings at a young age. Heck, Disney has entire shows where there pre teen protagonist get shipped with each other(things like gravity falls, Star vs and Owl House comes to mind). Heck, people where shipping Ash and Mist(or any of her female/male companions) and his 11 as I recall in the anime.

1 Like

Why?

You are asking why is it is weird why adults are projecting a romantic relationship on two young boys who are not written to be romantic?

You are asking why it is weird that people would project a romantic relationship onto a 12 year old boy and a far more mentally developed dragon?

Are you sure you want to be on this side of this disagreement?

4 Likes

You do realize they are fictional characters right? Using my earlier examples, in Star vs, Marco/Star were not in romantic either and were just friends. But people shipped them because they liked the dynamic and ultimately that won out.

The fact is, we do care about these characters and do want them to end up with who we think would be best for them. It is all harmless fun.

You want Anduin, a Straight child, to be in a Homosexual relationship with a far more mentally mature and manipulative dragon of corruptible origin? Because you care about Anduin and want what is best for him?

Or is the AnduinXWrathion ship inherently sexual and a fetishization of young boys? And/or a fetishization of the power dynamic similar to a child-Adult relationship?

5 Likes
  1. Anduin was already relatively mature and pretty certain he was 16-15ish(WoW timeline has always been weird, but if each expansion is one year, he was already about 19-20 in BfA). Also, Wrathion was not as mature as you think is he is, or did you forget his little temper tantrum at the end of MoP? 2) I actually do think they care for each other, if not as lover then as friends. 3) Wrathrion is certain a piece of work but even I dont think he ever wanted to hurt Anduin intentionally. However he does consider his mission of keeping Azeroth safe more important than his relation to Anduin(hence why he was willing to support him and just watch the sunset with him during Warcrime while still plotting to get Garrosh out). 4) Anduim can always just be bi you know. Happens to alot of characters recently(a big example is Tim Drake)

Lastly, I like their frenemy dynamic. I’m a sucker for those things(hence why I like seeing Red/Blue end up being a pretty big ship in Pokemon Sun/Moon).

Last note, I do think Anduin and Wrathion will end up mending their friendship someday.

So do you think the legal age of consent should be 15?

So do you think Child-Adult relationships are okay if the feelings are genuine?

Could be, but we know he is attracted to women and nothing has shown us that is is also attracted or has any romantic interest in men.

If your intent was to pair him with someone that would be good for him, you would pair him with someone he has expressed interest in. Instead, you pair him with an abusive and manipulative male far above him in mental maturity.

You can do that without making it a soft defense for child grooming.

2 Likes

Consent to have crushes/maybe be boyfriend girlfriend sure why not?(pretty sure some of my high school classmates had girlfriends and we were 14-16) If your talking about sex, I’d probably go with 16 considering that seems to be the general agreed age.

Wrathion is not an adult. Again he was a whiny child who threw a tantrum when Varian decided to throw a wrench in his little plan.

And again, Tim Drake was until recently only ever exclusively paired with women. My view is sexuality is complicated and that characters(and real life humans) can actually change their sexuality.

This is not some adult trying to groom a kid here. Wrathion was neither physically or emotionally an adult by MoP. He is literally a whelp who huffed out once he couldn’t get what he wanted. Even his human form at the time was in a body of a teenager and not the current adult looking body he has now.

If you don’t think adults can be whiny, then you are sheltered.
Wrathion was an adult at this time.

He had facial hair.

The “Until” is the key word here.

The point remains, you are not pairing Anduin with Wrathion with his best interest in mind. You are pairing him with Wrathion to fulfill your own fetishizations.

He had facial hair and henchmen.
He was physically and mentally an adult.

He was orchestrating a master plan while Anduin skipped around saying “Let’s be friends instead!”

3 Likes

Facial hair means nothing. I was shaving at age 12

6 Likes

What you did with your peachfuzz was your buisness.

Wrathion is clearly physically and emotionally more developed than Anduin at this time.

But even if you disagree. It is still weird for people to project a romantic and sexual relationship on two adolescent, straight boys, who are not at all written to be romantic.

It is sexualizing children. Full stop.

3 Likes

That’s a big if. Wraithion’s betrayal was not a trivial matter. It came very close to getting Anduin killed as a result, and it’s clear that the manipulative bastard has no regrets.

2 Likes