As a Crafter, I deserve higher commissions

You got that backwards. We are leveling your own crafting for you. You didnt study something for 4 years and have a skillset. You literally have something anyone could do in a week with almost minimal effort other than opening a profession slot on a toon. Youll never get 50k for something past the first week of raids/myth season.

Nah at the end of the day I put my own money in to get it high, there will be rarer recipes down the road and it should 100% be up to crafters to set high rates but know this community it will be undersold due to no one having any clue how scarcity works.

It is up to the crafter to set the rate. If nobody clicks craft on an order, it doesn’t get crafted.

What you mean is that you don’t agree with other crafters who accept jobs at a lower price than you want. That’s fine, you’re free to wait for jobs with a price you’re happy with. You’ll be waiting a while.

It’s the first fortnight of the xpac and raids haven’t even dropped. There is a MASSIVE over supply of crafters for demand. You’re not special.

If you don’t like the price, don’t make it. Simple.

I’ll give you some vendor trash for it.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to stop you right there… 50k? That might have been appropriate during Shadowlands, but this is Dragonflight - at LEAST a +80% increase on that pricetag, MINIMUM!

People are paying to win right now, so there is the usual glut of people with too much money and too little time to go round, your services are coming out on your own terms, not theirs!

I will fill it for free just to flush the turd.

2 Likes

lol… why not 100k, no, wait, 150k. Craft the stuff and sell it if you dont like 2k. Which btw I agree is a bit low, like 5 or 10k maybe, but 50? nope lol

Has this guy ever made a thread that didnt make him seem like an a** hat? Exploiting crafters for cheap labor? Clicking a button will never be worth 50k

1 Like

This guy acts like a troll, so I will assume he is unless proven otherwise.

how? I could use a little input…herbs and ores are just not making millions…

nah he just doesn’t understand economics.

Poor people gather, rich people craft.

why? they provide the materials to craft it, you just have the pattern and crafting skill, which hundreds if not thousands of other people can fulfill as well and all you do is go to a table and click [craft]

honestly, crafting has been a joke for a long time in WoW, limiting these crafting orders to dragonflight recipes is pathetic as well.

Crafters already rip everyone off on the AH so nah.

1 Like

Then craft them yourself and post them on the AH for a half a million gold mark up. See how that works out for you.

Mate they’re providing the mats lmao

as a crafter, you’re lucky if anything you craft is worth anything. crafted gear is pathetic and only barely useful for new max level characters. they can go do raids or mythic dungeons and get equivalent gear for less than you are trying to charge them.

I agree that it’s a bad system. It’s also redundant, because I think lots of players will just default to using the auction house.

I think Acti-Blizz took a high-minded approach, that there would be equity in crafting and commissions. There may be a small percentage of players that will look for parity…but by and large, it’ll be a free-for-all.

The past few expansions, my work around for avoiding the stupidity, has been to spread out professions on my alts. It’s a drag, but it cuts out the middleman (barring some occasional extra materials).

Not only that, but the crafted gear gets outpaced by end-content raid gear anyway…

The gap is quite small at this point, but I am assuming Blizzard will revert it back to the old standard of Crafted Gear being equal to mid-level Heroic Raid gear, rather than the current mid-level Mythic Raid gear…