As a Community, we do not want RDF

A catch up system existed with the ICC Dungeons & Badge Gear. H+ is an unnecessary, unwanted retail feature.

1 Like

You must be either very young or very nieve. First, at no point does any of my post reflect or give you any indications of my view on society or security or insecurity thereof. How about you stop misdirecting the conversation and using strawman arguments.

Second, you can go through these very forums and find many many posts of other players expressing the same experiences, who is this WE you speak of?

I agree with you there.

I agree as is RDF/BGs from anywhere.

H+ is just better game design for the issue of gearing alts.
It also is very much nothing like retails M+ system which can outgear current raid content.

Totally agree. Still not a big fan of H+ tho… but whatever, it’s a catch up mechanic.

No, it’s really not lol. Rather than supplementing pieces, you can just farm old raid loot. That is terrible design.

“Separate level of dungeon difficulty that drops end-game items & features affixes” idk that sounds a lot like M+ to me.

If you want to shill for something nobody wanted, go right ahead lol, but you really do forfeit any point you might have otherwise had with regard to the LFD crowd.

2 Likes

I think most players are in agreement here. I have no issues making my way to the instance portal and using a stone to summon everyone.

I think removing the instant portal feature of RDF in Northrend is a compromise most players would support.

Due to the speed Blizz likes to power through Classic raid content alting in TBC was pretty garbage. Going through a month or twos raid lockouts hoping RNG is on your side so you can get the gear you need to do current at a decent parse is bad game design.

Literally nothing like M+. It drops previous content patch 10 man gear which is way behind current gear. M+ drops gear BETTER than current raid tier. This are completely opposite systems. Arguing against this fact is a logical fallacy.

While I agree with you on most of that, I do dislike that they want to include some sort of affix system in H+. I’m very not sure that will maintain the “classic feel” of that new feature… we’ll see what it looks like I guess.

It is literally the same system with a slightly tweaked reward structure. You are literally not smart enough to use the Reddit Debate words you’re trotting out right now.

Sounds like they should just pace the game better. Sounds like they should just stick to Actual WotLK instead of grafting on these weird retail features that nobody wanted.

No timer, no keystone, bad gear reward. Not the same at all… but again I’m not a big fan of it.

1 Like

Questioning my debate skills; while using insults. You have been bested.

I agree on this. Content patches release way too fast and are geared more towards single character players.

Despite what ANY of you pro-RDF people want, it got removed. It proves that the anti-RDF crowd is the SILENT MAJORITY.

WE do NOT want RDF in OUR Community.

1 Like

Despite what ANY of you ANTI-RDF people want, Blizzard already sent out a survey asking if people wanted it. It proves that the anti-RDF crowd is the SILENT MINORITY.

WE do want RDF in OUR game.

1 Like

What is there to debate? You are excessively focusing on the reward system, rather than the overall structure that the reward system exists in. It extremely similar to Mythic+, it is only lacking the timers.

We already had catch-up mechanisms in WotLK, they weren’t nearly as egregious & if they were going to change anything to make it alt-friendlier, this is one of the worst ways to go about it. Who is really rushing to get into Cataclysm Classic?

1 Like

It lacks literally everything that M+ has. The only similarity between the two is the + sign and it being considered harder than Heroic. No keys, no timers, no modifiers, no current raid or higher tier loot. It is simple a catch up mechanic for loot that is 2 levels behind.

This literally does exist though.

Kris Zierhut : The plan is that there will be a Ritual Object at the front of the dungeon, if all five players channel it, like you would a summoning portal, then all of the monsters in the dungeon will get a buff. The buff will increase their damage, their health, and gives them a little bit of an extra combat effect.

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/news/wowhead-wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic-interview-with-kris-zierhut-328995#:~:text=Kris%20Zierhut%3A%20The%20plan%20is,of%20an%20extra%20combat%20effect.

1 Like

Sorry to bring bad news bad that was fake. Not a real survey.

1 Like

Did they actually announce modifiers or did they just say that. Because that doesn’t say they’re added retail modifiers.

If that is the case then what are you worried about? If you really are the majority and RDF is such a done deal, why are you even here defending your position of not having it?

No, you know as well as I that you are not the majority and are afraid the real majority will get RDF put in and are here trying to stop it.