Artifact Weapons

The Artifact Weapons as a whole are just not working out. They are way overpowerd for any leveling espeically PvP. This has to be a bug/not working as intended.

at 20:
I mean you can get them up to level 49
28-47 - 10.4 dps
+14 Strength +21 Stamina +13 Crit +13 Mastery

Compare that to an EPIC drop from Baron Rivendare in Strathhome with an epically bad drop rate.
13-22 - 4.9 dps
+7 str + 10 Stamina + 13 Vers.

Please get rid of the Artifact weapons, they are too linear for leveling and they let people skip content/do it faster than intended, and are unbalanced for leveling PvP. Req them to a higher level, they are not intended for leveling… the same exact reason you put a req onto the HoA already.

2 Likes

This is important, not only from a balance perspective, but especially from a new player perspective getting tossed into random BGs against nonsensical numbers. Fix it please.

BUMP… would really like this taken care of today. It should not take that long to just strap on an level 50 REQ for artifact weapons.

Even if you scale them and just make them BiS for any level, what is the point of having any other weapons in the game?

Just get rid of them, they are from a dead expansion and don’t belong in the game.

I think my issue with artifact weapons is a little different. I did the quest line for Ebonchill at lvl 40 (equivalent to lvl 100 Legion/BFA). At the end, I received the weapon and it’s LVL 20! Totally useless and can’t even sell the thing.

When they first came out, Blizzard screwed up and let people do some quests that gave the huge numbered relic bonuses so they have weapons that re 10x as good as regular epics at their level.

Blizzard needs to fix this stupidity.

They have patched what you can get now, but they have not fixed the real issue yet.

It’s against Blizzards ToS to bump/reply to your own Thread with different Accounts you own.

I’m quite confused by this. From what I can tell, if you had high relics in the artifact weapons before the squish, they weren’t down scaled properly. I just went through all my artifacts on my army of alts. I found some who never stuck a relic at all in them, so the artifact weapon was iLvL 20, and then on the extreme end I found my rogue had a set of The Dreadblades in the bank with an iLvL of 84. And then I found others at all different levels. I also noticed that while it appears the cap on each relic now is +16 item levels (so 3 x 16 = 48 + 20 = 68 max iLvL) but I also saw some relics for sale on the AH that grant higher than +16 item levels (for insane amounts of gold obviously).

So obviously I’m not sure this was intended, but I’m also confused in general. I understand that while in Chromie time it makes sense that from 10 - 49 the weapon should be scalable as that’s all legion content, but the moment you ding 50 and are phased out of Chromie time, legion content is 40-45, and the weapon should be reflective of that should it not? This makes no sense to me that a weapon which can be earned at level 50 if you didn’t do legion in Chromie time from a prior expansion should end up even being in usable iLvL range for a fresh 50.