Artifact weapons should still be the weapons we use today

Should have kept Artifact weapons, allowed upgrades to them as expansions went on and been transmog capable to any type used by class/spec.

Trinkets should also be an upgrade item from one expac to another as well.

1 Like

Ok i get it now, i wasnt referring to the literal type of weapon.

I was talking about 1H, 2H, etc.

Not Sword, Axe, etc.

I leveled both my mage and my pally with their artifacts until they were nearly 60. They were BiS. (Xialla was much better geared, so leveled a little over halfway with her last BFA weapons.)

Well, tmog already makes this true, at least visually.

I don’t even understand why they were trashed. I understand that they were drained of the power we infused them with in Legion, but they are still all some of the most finely crafted weapons in the world right? Like the Blades of the Fallen Prince, must be better than the 1H axe from ToP.

And because they were a single item statted as a dual wield, you lose a lot when you get that first replacement 1H weapon.

Amen, if not their weapon acquisition needs to be a ton better than it has been since legion.

1 Like

Absolutely not.

I hated being pigeonhold into specific weapon types, some of which I could not stand (daggers for any spec except for sub/assasination rogues, fist weapons for any spec, THE FROST DK ARTIFACT NEEDED TO BE THE 2H VERSION OF FROSTMOURNE, etc.). The frost DK artifact is an abomination that needs to be purged. We needed 2h frostmourne, not some garbage toothpicks. The frost DK artifact makes me just as upset today as it did the day it was announced.

I needed to be able to choose a polearm for ww monk, a staff for spriest, 2h for frost dk, etc. Thank goodness 2h frost, 2h ww monk, and SMF fury were restored, although it took 2 xpacs too long (i.e., they never should’ve been removed).

The other major problem is that artifacts were a source of borrowed power gameplay systems, which I will always be opposed to. Classes need to be complete the moment you hit the level cap. Period. The grinds would need to be removed.

Artifact weapons were unacceptable then and they would be unacceptable today due to having no choice in weapon type in addiiton to the borrowed power gameplay system attached to them.

1 Like

Oh you mean this staff lol

Yes, my warlock has it, and all the skins unlocked for it.

I meant an updated contemporary version of that staff, with the on-use effect.

Oh yea in all seriousness I greatly enjoyed the artifact weapon system and I wish they had continued it in other xpacs expanding on the talent tree etc
 it really was the best form of borrowed power so far imo prolly because there was just so much depth to it as opposed to the other things like the neck, and covenant system.

Aluneth still talkin’ smack while encouraging and praising my use of Arcanic abilities, but also mocking me for conjuring mana muffins? Yes. All of the yes.

Still want to know exactly what Aluneth is as well.

A loveable smartass.

1 Like

Imagine being the art designer on weapons and everyone is still running around with their artifact weapons still

If you mog Aluneth he still talks to you. His second form staff is also one of the best staff designs <3

Legion artists nailed a lot of the designs really. Did a good job of making something that fit the specialization fantasies.

1 Like

Like they’d never have the opportunity to create new skins all the time for them

Imagine Covenant-themed artifact skins
 I’ll let that sink in

1 Like

Some people can’t get weapons and some people like me have a 223ilvl 2H staff wep in thier vault 3-4 times in a row.

they didn’t give it to you in icc, they aren’t giving it to you now. at no point will frostmoure EVER be in a players hands. you know what it does to those who wield it right?

Nah nty, my fire mage and feral druids like having their staves back.

I mean, you still needed relics to upgrade the ilvl of the weapon. So there was still RNG involved.

No I don’t, what did it do to the Frost DK’s who wielded it all throughout Legion?

Also, what did Shadowmourne do to it’s wielders.

Well they could fix this with the way they are currently handled in that anything can be mogged into your leggo. Just make the reverse also true where weapon restrictions don’t exist outside of your general class ones.