Artifact weapons item level in shadowland

Have anyone notice that if you choose todo legion Chromie time you are stuck with a low-level artifact weapon for the entirety of the levelling experience. Since there are no weapon drops in legion you can obviously use heirlooms, but what if I don’t have all my heirlooms up to max level or is there a way to level up the artifact weapons ILvL that I am not aware of. There is no AP for then currently that is how they were levelled up.

1 Like

They’re leveled up by putting relics into them. You get some while questing and off dungeon drops. I don’t know how high they’ll take your weapons post-squish though.

3 Likes

Add relics.

They go from 30 something to almost 70 with the green relics that drop everywhere.

1 Like

They’ll be around 70-80 depending on any forging that procs.

3 Likes

I put basic green ones into mine and I’m pretty sure it was ilvl 69 after that.

There are higher level ones that can push it higher of course.

Why would you keep the artifact equipped instead of your heirloom? Even before the squish heirlooms were better at level 111.

I have a rogue that had BfA weapons that were low, and it turned out the Legion weapon ended up better than those.

Edit: It was my daggers for Sub and Assassin spec. Outlaw spec was fine.

Granted, I barely played my Rogue after 120 so the previous ilvl wasn’t very high.

Heirlooms are coming up as ilvl 39 on a max level right now, so Legion weapons can potential be better than a lot of others.

Heirlooms top out at ilvl 58 >_>

Blizz adjusted the scaling of heirloom stats so instead of being the equivilent of an at-level dungeon drop, they’re slightly below an at-level quest reward.

Ah yeah, I thought my weapons were maxed. Turns out I only went 3 levels instead of 4.

Still, with green Relics in your Legion Weapon, you start at ilvl 69, and it can go higher if you farm some out of the raids.

BfA weapons can still be better than that though.

The best thing is…

Garrosh Heirlooms, as well as other late-expansion heirlooms are usable from level 1. Garrosh’s weapon heirlooms are also a few ilvls higher than the normal heirlooms, PLUS GEM SOCKETS FOR MOAR POWAH

1 Like

I was suprised by one of my artifacts being ilvl 70, mythic 3 gear is dropping at ilvl 90.

you can get lucky with some reliq drops but upgraded the BOA seems better for just leveling purposes… if u some how can get into Mythic argus XD then you can get a decent ilvl out of the Artifact weapons (my ashrbinger is ilvl 79 with Mythic Reliqs)

that’s the point they should be at least at lvl 80 at the end of leveling

Yea heirlooms were always kinda poop at max level compared to what you could get from WQ’s etc. I think they stopped at 284 ilvl before the squish? First thing I’d do at 50 is equip a bunch of benthic gear where I could and do the nazjatar opening for the quest weapon to push my ilvl up before I went to look at world quest and emissary rewards. For the sadists, you can spend 2 hours getting the cloak as well but I’ve taken a hard pass on ever touching that again.

Oh sure.

I’ve actually been saving the drops from the N’Zoth assaults for my lowbies to use.

Those are marked as ilvl 76 as I recall. Should be easy enough to get a decent weapon after that as well.

My Legion artifact weapons are now LOWER in iLevel than Draenor blues.

Blizz really fu**ed this game up.

Does it even matter? I have an Alliance DK I boosted a while back and post squish it was level 45 with ilvl 50 gear. Just leveled it to 50 and I was absolutely destroying mobs the whole time. Most of it’s gear is still ilvl 50. Thought about doing the artifact quests, but then my death gate will switch to the Broken Isles. The old Wrath location is handy if you want to get to anywhere in Lordaeron quickly. That’s one thing I missed with my Horde DK playing during Legion.

Shhhhh, blizz obviously forgot to nerf those.

Let’s not bring attention to it.

Then get better relics. My Ashbringer is sitting at 74.