Artifact Knowledge stopping this week

Blizzard are you serious with this?! It was already absurd and unfair that the Mythic Azerite gear requires 2-3 more AP levels than the lower tier gear FOR THE SAME TRAITS but now you’re telling me that in order to fully unlock abilities THAT I ALREADY HAVE ON LOWER TIER ARMOR that I’m going to have to power through 4+ AP levels without any extra catchup?

I realize this system is changing in 8.2 but I didn’t know AP catch up was going away so soon and that it wouldn’t be possible to fully unlock my armor until the tier is practically over when I won’t even care or need it anymore.

This is stupid. Either restore AP catchup, lower the AP requirements to unlock traits on higher tier gear, or give Mythic raiders an appropriate source of AP so we can unlock our traits at the same rate as everybody else.

37 Likes

“You’ll get back on your hamster wheel and like it!” -blizz

Seriously, though, does anyone actually expect anything BUT another huge blunder like what we currently have when blizzard finally changes the AP system, making all azerite traits unlock upon obtaining gear, and then creating new special unlocks on the neck itself? Because I don’t. I expect it to be a pile of crap just like what we currently have.

62 Likes

I don’t do really any AP farming and I’m 43. There’s still a boatload of time to get to 47 even without a catchup mechanic. I don’t see the issue.

9 Likes

With catch up you could get a neck level fairly “passively” every 2 weeks or so. Without catchup and playing the same way it’s going to start stretching into 4+ weeks for each level.

I still need to get to 48 to fully unlock my armor and if it takes a month for a level that’s 4 months to finish and the tier will be over.

If I swap to a Heroic set it’s fully unlocked right now. That’s a problem whether you see it or not.

16 Likes

It is not going to take a month to level unless you log on to raid and do nothing else or until you get to 46+.

2 Likes

And what if that’s basically exactly what we do? Why should my power be hampered because I refuse to play the more mundane boring aspects of the game?

Just clearing raid and my weekly 10 isn’t enough to keep neck relevant, and it should be, because in the past all I had to do to maximize raid was… raid… (and maybe a little farming for pots/flasks).

15 Likes

I’m not saying AP is a good system. It’s not. Blizzard screwed up major by trying to use it again. But I dont think the impact to freezing AK is as major of an issue as you seem to think.

2 Likes

Forgot about this. And here I didn’t think it was possible for me to have less reason to log in…yet here we are.

11 Likes

But Ap levels is gonna stop at 50 since next patch they are moving away from it , so …

1 Like

I don’t care about getting to 50. I care about getting to 48 so I can fully use my gear the same way Heroic and below players are able to do.

The defensive traits are more important in Mythic than nearly anywhere else and yet we’re playing without them on 1-2 slots for basically no reason.

At first I just assumed it would be like Legion where killing a Mythic bosses just gave more AP so even though my gear had higher requirements I expected it to all balance out in the end but now it’s become obvious how grossly untrue that is and I’m pretty salty.

14 Likes

Oh. So its about the 5 ilvls now allowing you to “fully use your gear”?

So even less of a real issue.

These all become available by 43. Not 48. Which is pretty easy to get.

9 Likes

I’m sleep-walking through my HoA power and I’m at 44, almost 45. This week I’ll be close to 46. The only things I’ll be missing are two items not unlocking their 5 free ilvls - something I’ll get within the next 2-4 weeks.

If you’re struggling with your AP level right now, then I have no idea what content you’re doing.

6 Likes

Obviously those traits aren’t that important, or you’d step down to farm the lower iLevel gear to activate the slots and get the traits.

But I don’t see any evidence of folks doing that.

What do we know about high end raiders? They do anything to give them what they need to achieve success. If those traits were that important, then, like using lower ranked spells in the past, folks would be going out of their way to do this.

But apparently, they’re not. (Oh boy, would we hear about that if they were.) Apparently Azerite traits are nice embellishments. They make good gear better, but can’t make mediocre gear good.

1 Like

You will, it gets much worse as it goes up.

2 Likes

This. My neck is somewhere between 40 and 41, and I probably play 3-4 nights per week for a few hours fairly casually. I’ve leveled some other characters, got them a little bit of gear, and helped my wife and a friend out by chain-running them through normal Island Expeditions on their leveling characters. That actually gained me quite a decent amount; I could probably have sold carries to others if I really wanted to sort of benefit more from running a goodly number of islands back to back, or could have progressed more quickly if I was doing Mythic Islands, but I seem to have progressed pretty fairly for only a modicum of effort that wasn’t even specifically directed at grinding my neckpiece up. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What point are you trying to make? My neck is level 44. It’s great that you barely play and don’t try and your neck is level 41 right now and you can still unlock all your stuff.

If anything you just proved my point that Mythic raiders have to do it 10x as much and it still isn’t enough to give us the same traits that even super casual players have.

I’m doing content. Im probably doing more content than you are. I’m doing an excessive and frankly absurd amount of NON-RAID content just to stay competitive so don’t act like this is a lack of effort.

This is a system that is flat out rigged against high-end players.

3 Likes

More like what content I’m NOT doing. I’m NOT going to do island expeditions. I’m NOT going to do world quests. I’m NOT going to do warfronts.

I refuse to do chores in a game.

4 Likes

Then you’re going to love classic. There so much chores in classic that will drive you insane.

4 Likes

Then you’re like people who complain about ilvl, but then say you won’t do anything but pet battles and pick herbs.

That’s your problem if you’re choosing not to do certain activities. Call them chores. Call them work. I don’t care. You’re deciding not to do certain activities that provide certain rewards. As long as you accept that, that’s cool. More power to you.

If you’re going to be like the OP and complain, then that’s your problem.

11 Likes

It’s definitely a personally problem, but that’s not going to stop me from calling it garbage design that I disagree with. The best game design IMO is one where the only thing that affects the performance and power of what you’re doing is, AT MOST, the content you’re trying to perform in. Meaning raiding is all that is required to gitGud at raiding, etc.

They don’t need to be “encouraging” people to dabble in every aspect of the game by interconnecting them all.

2 Likes