Arthas is WoW's Anakin Skywalker

Moody teenager falls in love with royalty from another land, has a handsome bearded tutor, gets tempted into saving someone (his people) from evil by using evil power, gets corrupted by evil power, forced to wear dark armor and then starts speaking in a deep and menacing voice.

Arthas is indeed WoW’s Anakin Skywalker.

7 Likes

The trope of a righteous character being manipulated and tempted by dark forces is not something Star Wars came up with lol

15 Likes

No he’s not. Anakin died a hero so the rebellion and Luke could live. Arthas turned into a gaseous fart and faded out

14 Likes

Arthas is more of a Dick Dastardly.

2 Likes

Wrong, Arthas was never redeemed. Anakin was.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

3 Likes

More like Peewee Herman

You might have a point; they’re both annoying twits that turned into bad guys because they were too stupid to listen to those they should’ve.

7 Likes

Yeah no he wasn’t if you want the truth behind Arthas recommend this video
https://youtu.be/zRT_531bA_k

2 Likes

It’s over Arthas, I have the high ground!

11 Likes

Just misread Arthas as Anduin there, took me till the first reply to figure out.

Waste of good anima, put that 25 anima token in da sanctum!

1 Like

Uther should’ve Templar’s Verdict Arthas when he had the chance.

Arthas was just a horse girl

Seriously he never shuts up about his stupid horse in books

2 Likes

And yet the trope is most affiliated with them.

1 Like

Yo the wound is still fresh…

1 Like

I’m still cheesed that they disenchanted Arthas into a fart in the wind and then let Sylvanas monologue him with a crap lecture.

7 Likes

Sylvanas: in the end… we were both subjected to bad writing

2 Likes

elric and his sword stormbringer. 1961.

arthas is not a unique character, anakin is not a unique character, not even my example is a unique character. good tempted by evil is a trope as old as storytelling itself.

1 Like

Also I don’t think Arthas could even manage to have that cool hallway scene like Vader did

This one. I ain’t even that mega into Star Wars but this was hype

2 Likes

I have made this exact same comparison before. Yes. he is. I like both. Both fell to darkness while fighting for what they believed in. Both only did so because they were abandoned by their mentors in their greatest time of need.

Arthas killed his father, Anikin killed Obi.

They have many matching parallels.

1 Like