Arms warrior pve?

My other warrior is venthyr. In pvp specifically am I mortal striking before condemn for the deep wounds debuff or just condemn every time its up first priority?

Let me speak it a different way. I have 3 characters at max level. A Mage, a Demon Hunter and a Warrior. 2 of the 3 characters have no downtime whatsoever. The only character that stands there doing nothing is my warrior. Iā€™m not even talking cooldowns, thatā€™s a completely different thing. Iā€™m talking about all my abilities are accessible but I donā€™t have enough rage to use any of them.

Now, on the other side of things, my demon hunter has nearly max resource 90 percent of the fight. As long as my abilities arenā€™t on cooldown, I can use them when needed.

Thatā€™s just my perspective on things.

As I said before, one of the HOA traits from last expansion solved all the issues with this rage problem that Iā€™m personally facing. I noticed this during timewalking week of Ulduar that I had 0 downtime since we could equip our heart of azeroth for the raid.

And as for the other guy, dude, look on icyveins, look at wowhead, look at mmo champion, they have listings of best and worst tanks for mythics and raids. Prot Warrior is at the bottom for dungeons. They do a bit better in Nathria, same with dps warriors. But Mythics at this time of posting have them near the bottom of the barrel with only 1 class below them.

Iā€™d have to look at logs to see whatā€™s going on, but something about this statement seems off. Are you not pooling a bit of rage before getting into the flow of it? Are you burning rage on abilities out of order? Are you not trying to get max damage out of the rage you do generate?

2 Likes

Guys Iā€™m the best arms warrior in PvE. I killed mythic Inverva Darkvein and Hungering Destroyer in full PvP gear. Seems pretty easy. Havenā€™t even killed a single heroic boss yet.

Totally wasnā€™t carried and there as a fill in cause a DPS internet was down.

https://i.imgur.com/HpDs38E.png

1 Like

If youā€™re beyond 210ish ilvl and ā€œstanding there doing nothingā€ then you probably forgot to bind some stuff; warriors are not as bad as people are pretending.

3 Likes

I mean, I agree with that. Iā€™m just short of 200 ilvl, Iā€™m just standing there doing nothing for a good 10 seconds because of how fast I press buttons. Maybe I need to slow it down a bit.

Iā€™ll look into it, Iā€™m not against learning at all, I just think its strange they keep buffing damage, at least for me, as Iā€™ve never had a problem with damage, just trying to keep up a flow of active rage generation(which is why Iā€™ve been complaining about it, and how an ability like Berserker Rage should be used in a PVE setting as a rage generator, or even reworking Overpower to generate rage over time).

I start off a trash fight at roughly 13k damage, its only after my rage has gone down that it drops to 8-9k or even 7k.

Get yourself Signet of Tormented Kings. You can grab the craft drop from LFR, since itā€™s a 100% drop from Stone Legion Generals on any difficulty. Itā€™s universally great for both DPS specs, ending up top for both (outside some single target situations, where Deathmaker can edge out Signet for Furyā€“most parses are still Signte, though).

Your gear is very low. I donā€™t know what DPS youā€™re doing or trying to, but keep in mind that Arms is one of the lowest specs in the game right now. The upcoming buffs wonā€™t really change this, either. More and more warriors have been switching to Fury since its original buffs, andā€¦ I honestly recommend that if you prefer playing it.

If youā€™re sticking it out with Arms, gear is one of your big barriers. You can do quick sims on Raidbots to see how to optimize what youā€™ve got to work with. Once you have Signet youā€™ll see a spike in performance.

Atm, I quit Arms because I couldnā€™t get a 2h, and ultimately got 223/203 1hs for Fury, but still only have a 184 2h to this day. My Fury just smokes Arms at this point.

1 Like

How is it working with 2 1hrs vs 2 2hrs as fury btw?

Maybe its a gear thing, but I tried going fury with my current gear and I was dealing a lot less damage than I was arms, a swift contrast to last year in BFA where I was only fury, dual-wielding Getikkus(one +15, another +8 I want to say?)

I still have no idea how to single target, but found an AoE DPS rotation that made me not feel like a total mook.

That overpower talent is the business, and cleave + the whirlwind talent are pretty lit.

Itā€™s kind of annoying because I literally donā€™t know how to build to increase my ST DPS lol. Granted my stats are completely wrong. Rend is trash.

Supposedly Ravager with Signet is supposed to work, but since Iā€™m a derpy Kyrian I donā€™t know if I can squeeze much more out of this lemon in ST. Seems like most people are focusing on spamming the hell out of Condemn, which I canā€™t do :sleepy: This is my PvP spec for now so I can get some Versatility gearz.

Do people use Massacre and SD with Kyrian or nah. Wondering if Rend has good synergy with a Crit build. I dump Crit however.

Literally the only reason I built an Arms spec out is because I rolled a 223 out of the Vault on Fury loot spec, lol.

Luckily I rolled the spec that is actually not garbage in PvP.

Fury aaaahahahaha

I really donā€™t understand this. You have rally, which is dope, Spell Reflect is awesome for dealing with AoE. Defensive Stance, if you choose it. You could technically take Impending Vic, even if people would make fun of you for it.

Even Condemn passively mitigates damage.

Spell reflect is really good on some fights. allowing lots of uptime on hungering, and breaking traps in artificer makes it super fun to use.

SMF and TG are extremely close in performance right now (1-2%), to the point that the divide is generally negligible. While TG is favored for the increased stats (such as stamina for survival), itā€™s highly unlikely that thereā€™s many warriors out there running around with a set of 1hs and a set of 2hs with identical-ish ilvls. If youā€™ve got stronger weapons for one, that is what will perform better. You can do a quick sim to be absolutely sure, though.

Iā€™d sim the different talents. Iā€™m Venthyr (massively better than Kyrian for DPS, imo), and Sudden Death and Skullsplitter simmed within single digit DPS of one another. Skullsplitter feels better in raids and single target, though I liked Sudden Death more for Mythic+ and multitarget.

If you pick up Signet you should be running Ravager. Some warriors still run Dreadnaught for Mythic+ (Crash the Ramparts required), but I donā€™t think itā€™s better. Given that Signet, Warbreaker, and Ravager give us massive AoE/cleave burst windows, itā€™s hard to give that up for Dreadnaught when Overpower does, like, 1500 damage.

This is true. Dreadnaught is such a fun ability especially for multiple mobs. Or when you get double crits with overpower crit for 4.5k and dreadnaught crit for 2.5k . Making it a 7k total crit

It makes logical sense (more signet procs, synergy with Warbreaker and aligns Signet with Warbreaker), maybe Iā€™ll try it some more. Dreadnought just felt better with Cleave for consistency of rotation, and I still get Bladestorm. I just have something in that case to cover gaps.

I just donā€™t care for whirlwind in and of itself, and the rotation feels weird when sweeping strikes goes down.

Do you not see massive dropoff in your DPS in AoE after Ravager falls off?

Thatā€™s just the nature of Arms; all of its big damage is inside the Colossus Smash and Condemn windows, and it doesnā€™t have enough haste right now to push a seamless rotation.

So you have burst and then you drop off to, what, 3k?

You hold for ideal damage windows, but yeah. Itā€™s been like that for a long time now. BfA covered it up with all of the Azerite traits and corruption powers. Now that itā€™s all gone weā€™re back to barebones Arms.

The game has changed since buddy.

Spell Reflect is more than just for AoE. https://tinyurl.com/ReflectGuide

From avoiding debuffs, to preventing abilities from coming off, Spell Reflect is a lot more powerful than a lot of players give it credit for.

You should probably just stop posting. That is ridiculous lmao. Most warriors on the discord discuss ways to prevent rage from over cappingā€¦