Arms warrior pve?

Is there something I can do to fix my pve score? I just feel outclassed by players with less gear =(

Need more info.

your going to be. Warriors in this expansion are in a very poor position. Even I have switched to a Vengeance Demon Hunter for tanking. While warriors have the ability to deal high damage, their ability to get into groups is hindered by their lack of CC, rage generation(which is far lower than it should be, even with enough secondary stats), and that evenly geared other classes can push much higher dps than a warrior without putting themselves into the danger zone.

It may get better once they introduce whatever gimmick they have in store for patch 9.1 or 9.2, but right now they aren’t gaining the traction they should be.

Give you an example from a tank perspective. Both my warrior and dh are in very similar ilvl gear, my dh on average survives 3x as long as my warrior when our healer goes down. Mind you, havoc dhs are absolute horrid right now, their damage is lower than a holy priest.

My suggestion is to look at another class at least for right now. I was hesitant as I’ve been playing warrior since Wrath, but dh has grown on me. If your looking at another melee class, maybe Death Knight or Monk. It’s not something I like to suggest but it isn’t going to get any easier until they fix the base issues haunting warriors atm.

3 Likes

Arms warriors are low on the charts in mythic raid logs. Are you planning on mythic raiding? If not, play arms warrior. Its completely viable for heroic raiding, low tier mythic raiding, and keys ~+15. If you enjoy it, play it. Same goes for prot warrior. I like the challenge of keeping up with the dps in our raids. I top charts on Sun Kings and Huntsman (heroic) and usually 3rd or 4th on all the other fights, behind DKs, hunters, boomkins.

All classes/specs are viable until extremely high keys/cutting edge push.

1 Like

Yea. I am trying sooo hard. I hit what comes up, I watched these other videos, but my parse comes in at 40%. I seem to have some dead spots in my rotation, but thats just because everything in on CD and I haven’t gotten a proc. Not sure what to do to increase, but it feels like other classes are having an easier time.

Had a look at a couple logs. With venthyr you need to run signet of tormented kings and ravager in single target and 2 target cleave. Dreadnaught for M+ and maybe Sun Kings. This will be a massive dps increase. Also change to shaded sharpening stone instead of oil. Tiny change, nearly inconsequential, but correct.

Opener with these changes:
Potion-Charge-avatar (if BS allow to finish to build rage)-WB-ravager-continue with single target rotation. Ensure you do not over cap rage. Higher levels of haste will assist in this.

Single target rotation:
Avatar>WB+ravager>MS to maintain DW (<4s)>OP (if rage will not overcap)>condemn/MS (if not execute phase)

You’ll learn when and how long to hold CDs for certain fights (execute windows, mechanics, lust). As a rule of thumb, if you miss a possible ravager/WB/Avatar cast due to holding CDs, then holding was not worth it.

Or you could keep your same gear and switch to Kyrian, which will net results better than your current setup. You will take rend in ST as Kyrian, with higher levels of crit being important. Reach out if you make this decision and require help with opener/rotation.

Reach out in Skyhold warrior discord. Questions will be answered there rather quickly and with better knowledge than you will find on these forums.

1 Like

I agree with this 100%

Plus you won’t have a level 23 mage telling you to reroll

2 Likes

I will try these out! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

WB before Avatar. Sorry I told you wrong there. As per Skyhold.

I’m silently watching Metric learn haha

:stuck_out_tongue: I am still a dumpster fire. The most important point I made there was go to Skyhold

You’re gonna feel outclassed because warriors as a whole just aren’t in a good spot. You can parse well, but still be nearly last on the dps charts. Pretty sure my guild keeps me around just for battleshout.

Best advice though is to just look at the fights and time your cds accordingly. Join a pug group that wipes constantly on a boss and just practice the timings and your rotation. If you join a one shot group you’re not going to learn anything really. Look at other stuff too, like what you can spell reflect etc.

Also, your gear isn’t the best, and is probably holding you back a lot. Make sure to do your keys/pvp for 220+ gear each week. ilvl means a lot more in shadowlands than it did in bfa.

I’m using my 23 mage as that’s my nickname. I also have a 60 Venthyr Orc Warrior named Sokthron, a 60 Night Fae Undead Mage named Meine and a 60 Kyrian Blood Elf Demon Hunter named Elvoret, all on Maelstrom-US.

I’ve been playing this for a very long time. Since Vanilla beta, so about 2004ish, 5 months before the original game was launched. But lets continue to look at the character I’m posting as, rather than my history.

You have not done any content on your warrior this expansion.

Edit: or any of your three characters for that matter. Which is completely fine, we all enjoy the game in different ways, but your opinion in this particular thread does not have much merit.

1 Like

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/maelstrom/sokthron
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/maelstrom/elvoret

My armory states differently. Yeah, its not as high as I could be at, but for the most part I’m trying to get my gold up, and I’m in the middle of college so I don’t have an exhorbinent amount of hours to put into the game.

Really doesn’t help that most of the moderate key dungeons I’ve been working on haven’t been giving any loot whatsoever. Past 3 +6/+7s have just been giving anima.

So a few initial thoughts here:

1. You have a TON of vers-- I understand it’s because you probably had your PvP gear captured by armory since Unhinged is also equipped. If you are raiding with most of this gear, you’re likely running into dead spots in your rotation due to lack of haste. It starts to feel a LOT better at and above 20%.

2. For the content you’re doing, arms is just fine. I just now got to the point where I am starting to swap specs between fights but I still mostly clear heroic in arms. As we venture deeper into mythic, I’ll likely be in fury most of the time. Additionally, as you get more used to encounters your parses will improve. My first mythic shriek kill was freaking abysmal and my first half of heroic is far stronger than my second half just due to overall reps.

3. Everyone that’s saying warriors are in a bad spot right now are both correct and shortsighted. I have played this class since release and it has rarely started out with a great raid showing in tier one. That said, both specs typically scale VERY well into expansions. I also have a suspicion that Blizz is waiting to see how access to Dauntless Duelist affects our overall parses until they make any further changes.

All in all, just play what you’re enjoying and make sure to compare your logs on fights with the casts and order of dmg by ability of the top performers in logs. Happy to help too if you want to shoot me a message in game. I’m no pro, but I understand general rotations and would be able to pinpoint where you’re missing out on damage.

Str is more important.

It’s not the haste. Reviewing rotation and using the correct gear/talent build will accomplish this.

That’s not a thing. Everything scales because everything has been normalized.

This is one of four covenants. But possibly.

Logs can be a good tool. But review of the rotation priority will net better results than seeing a 225 ilevel warrior used condemn 68 times.

2 Likes

That’s fair, but stating that warriors are not worth playing is not. You have no experience in heroic raid this expac, which is what the topic is covering.

Rofl, you seem to be one of the people that rolls in here just looking for arguments.

1. My point with vers was in reference to your for-whatever-reason separated second point of haste and it contributing to dead spots in his rotation. If you don’t think this is a factor, there’s no point in arguing with you. At no point did I come close to saying that haste was a more important stat than strength…

2. It is a thing. If you think that every class scales the same way with stats and content then you are living under a rock. For instance, WW monk notoriously scales poorly because of abilities like Xuen that do not scale hard with stats or gear. If everything was normalized, the logs for mythic raid would not see certain classes dropping with gear while others are climbing. I’ll point you to this thread but you can find many others like it explaining how stats can affect feedback loops :https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5m1zgr/what_makes_a_class_or_spec_scale_better_with_gear/

3. The vast majority of DPS warriors (especially as it relates to PvE) are Venthyr, so it makes dauntless a compelling talent to review before balancing the spec regardless.

4. You are clearly just arguing to argue. If you don’t think that these are mutually inclusive I can’t help you.

1 Like

I think the point is that you’re throwing out indictments of a class you are experiencing almost no content with. Again, this is completely fine and no one should tell you how to enjoy the game–but you saying that warriors are weak sounds more like your experience with the forums than your experience with the game. The fact that your equipped legendary is battlelord only strengthens his claim that you are out of touch with the class.