Armory for wow classic

Hmm, so that’s why all the Real ID hate in the beginning, I take it? That sounds pretty bad.

1 Like

Posting on retail forums btw

Best comment I’ve seen so far. This guy gets it.

wowhead didn’t even exist until almost 2 years after the game was released. it took a very long time for thottbot to get enough contributors to even cover 75% of the game with reliable information. there was no item database. there was no “Best in Slot”, there was no “Talent tree/leveling/spec/class/etc” guides. Hell, even youtube wasn’t what it was. Recording your gameplay required propietary software and a pretty expensive PC. This ain’t vanilla. Not even close.

It’s still early, but for those reading this that played vanilla it’s going to be great the first couple of weeks or even months. But it’s going to be like getting back with an ex-girlfriend. Slowly but surely, all the things you remember hating about each other begin to resurface. Give it time. People will be asking for creature comforts.

1 Like

And? What could be the downside?

I’m actually working on an armory right now for everyone. I am taking screenshots of every player in classic and posting them on a website. So, please don’t change any gear or move around too much while I’m screen grabbing. This project could get delayed a few years if you do. Thanks, please check back soon!

1 Like

They would need access to the information via classic’s API - which im guessing if blizzard doesnt want an armory; they will remove those endpoints from use.

No, you’re wrong. I’ve been taking professional screenshots for many years, you should see my work. I have dozens.

The objectively correct answer

1 Like

it will cost them money so they wont

1 Like

Q. Will there be an Armory for WoW Classic?
A. There was no Armory for World of Warcraft until the Burning Crusade. If you wanted to know more about a player’s gear before you invited them to your party, you had to meet them in the world and physically inspect them (and you couldn’t inspect players of the opposite faction until 2.4). You couldn’t see their spec or talent builds when you inspected them, either. To maintain that same dynamic, we won’t have an Armory or profile pages for WoW Classic at launch.

It also means your PVP enemies can inspect you without finding you in game.

#nochanges

“At launch”

Before the armory, if someone made a good point, it was a point. Once the armory came out, people used it to ad hominem others in discussions.

The TBC forums were crap since then.

Player A: The best way to beat that raid boss is to…
Player B: You’re not even in all purple gear, so your opinion doesn’t matter.
Player C: lol ya, wut he sed

5 Likes

Classic is based on 1.12, when most of those things or equivalents existed.

1 Like

I used Thottbot for most of my Vanilla career, worked just fine.

2 Likes

Vanilla did not begin at 1.12, further reinforcing my point.

2 Likes

Vanilla had an “armory” it just was blizzard… it was a 3rd party site that you input your items yourself

They really should update the armory app for classic… I mean, don’t they have phones?

1 Like

true lmao. someone def will make a site

An armory would be amazing for classic. I can look up anything and anyone. Would cut out morons or anyone that claims they know what they are doing.

This sure helps in the making of a classic raider io and or Gearscore. I support these great add-on tools.

Please make it so Blizzard.

Hmm, yeah I see no reason for Classic chars not to have an armory. The logic of there was not one back in Vanilla is pointless. It detracts NOTHING from the game, it’s not asking to add a feature to the game itself, no it’s making a Classic Armory.

It would be entirely separate from the game. Existing just to catalogue and show the players in game and their equipment level, etc… There is no logical reason not to have it, they went so far as to giving Tauren Druids their own feral forms, That’s not something that existed for multiple xpacs past Vanilla, and that is IN GAME. This would just be something in your browser. I tire of not being able to look up my own or other chars on the web. The feature should be implemented at some point hopefully soon.

1 Like