Armory for wow classic

is there a way to check on characters or nein
let a goy know
thx

7 Likes

There was no armory in Vanilla.

18 Likes

This isn’t vanilla though. I think an armoury would be great.

26 Likes

It’s a re-creation of Vanilla, so there’s no armory… You want to see someones gear… inspect them

Don’t drag a topic that was already covered by Blizzard a while ago… Your not getting it

17 Likes

Would you also like first and last names? lol

6 Likes

I’m all about no changes in the game. I don’t really see how an armory could be a bad thing. People are going to inspect you in game prior to a raid. Could be good to have armory just to make it easier on people to check you out and not have to go stand on the bridge 4,000 times in a year to join an elite group.

4 Likes

You can do this with TRP3. :grin:

If nothing happens, someone will make a site probably Lmao

3 Likes

No.

10 characters.

6 Likes

Its actually a joke based on the fact when it first came out with the real ID and armory, it showed the first and last name of everyone on the forums. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Could be but those 4000 trips are meaningful social interactions to some. Just like spamming for group.
Not only that. If we have an armory. How long before there’s an in game addon to replace those 4000 meaningful social interactions?
Those bridge inspections led to gear score and linking achievements to be accepted into groups.
This is Classic make people walk for their rejection/acceptance. Make the gate keepers inspect, accept, or reject applicants to groups in person. Closed realms means social interactions.
I too thought armory was a good idea. Now I think it should be left as is. No armory.

11 Likes

Not unless you manually inspect them, so no. Both in-game API and website tracking for such things just wasn’t part of Vanilla, so at best you could have a “most recently inspected” database going, but it would be easy to troll with deliberate gear changes or “townie” outfits that look good but have terrible stats.

Just like in Vanilla, people will be able to post on their toon and say WHATEVER they want without any real verification. The one SLIGHT hiccup is that our avatars update with our present gear, so even if you hide helm/cloak, shoulders/chest can still be made out to see if someone is actually wearing “full T3” or not. Vanilla forums had default avatars for each class/race/sex.

1 Like

So? It’s a faithful recreation take that retail mindset elsewhere pal.

7 Likes

I don’t think it would be.

1 Like

dumb and cringe

6 Likes

And nicknames

piss off. armory for characters is a good thing.

6 Likes

Armory is bad. It will change the social dynamics of walking to org bank or IF bridge for inspection. Acceptance or rejection to a group should be done in person.
When armory is added thie will change. As people will just use armory. How long before we have an armory addon that gives you a score for acceptable and denied?
Enough has been changed. Leave armory out of classic please.

13 Likes

This ^ is all that needs to be said.

2 Likes

A re-creation of Vanilla? No not really. It is of the game itself, however not even close to the experience. For example, you have forums like this one right here to post and get information. You have multiple 3rd party websites with vast amounts of info, even down to what mob to kill for what quest. Leveling guides. Pre-raid BiS lists for every class and spec. I could go on… And you’re going to tell all of us that an armory would hurt the game because its not Vanilla like?

9 Likes