Armor not displaying on character

I asked earlier on the GD forums to see if anyone knew what was going on but nobody seems to know what’s going on. I’m not sure where else to put this, but several assets in the Darkshore cloth set just… aren’t being displayed. I don’t know what to do to fix this. :man_shrugging:

https://imgur.com/a/JSSjYP1

The armory is not a complete data base, it might not always show items, and actually can be a bit outdated as far as character information also.

1 Like

It’s not on the armory. It is in game.

https://imgur.com/a/JSSjYP1

Have you tried running the repair tool? Maybe a ui reset. I’m on a phone at the moment, so can’t tell from the picture.

2 Likes

I’ll try to run the repair and see what happens, thank you. I’m not quite sure how to do a UI reset though.

Here’s a link for you:

4 Likes

Y’all are good people, thanks for the help. I’ll post back and see what happens after trying both of these.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, which assets aren’t displaying correctly? I have the set on my Priest, and it looks identical. Open areas and all :slight_smile:

The belt and the right-side plating on the Elaborate version robe.

I see it now. I’ll do a quick check on my priest and get back if I see that issue too.

Edit: assets showing up properly on my priest. Messed with a few settings to see if I could replicate… no luck. Hopefully a UI Reset will work for you. Quick question - is it the set itself you’re wearing, or a transmog of it? And if it’s a transmog, does it look correct in the window?

You might also make sure your graphic driver is up to date. Long shot, if the UI Reset doesn’t work.

1 Like

Running the repair tool right now, updated graphics driver just last week so it shouldn’t be having any issues. It does not display in the preview window either. The Darkshore belt as an item is being worn and won’t display, and the robe is just a mog over my Gladiator piece. I’m also holding out hope the reset or repair fixes it :stuck_out_tongue:

E: Repair tool did not fix it. Time to UI reset :<

UI has been reset. Still no luck. What’s next, a reinstall?

Nope. I wouldn’t bother. If the UI reset and repair didn’t fix it, then it may just be an in-game bug.

You’ll want to report it via the in-game bug report feature or by posting in the Bug Report forums. But if it is indeed bugged, it may be a while before it’s fixed.

4 Likes

Well, I’ll report it and hope for the best then. I very much appreciate your help, Perl. Thank you :smiley:

E: Okay. Logged on a random 110 void elf to see if I still had the problem. He can transmog the entire thing just fine. It’s simply breaking on my Lightforged. Fun times. Definitely a bug, and sorry to eat up all your time over it.

1 Like

It looks like that is the graphic for the Draenei and Lightforged Draenei, Dreta.

That is what is listed on the Wowhead page if you look at either of those two races.

I’m not entirely certain if that is intended or not, feels like not, but it doesn’t seem to be something on your end graphically. :slight_smile:

It has already been forwarded to QA as a bug, but feel free to submit a bug report yourself by posting in the Bug Report forum or the submit a bug option found in the in-game help menu.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response Vrak. It’s very reassuring to know that it’s not something going on with my computer! I think it’s quite odd for it to have been designed that way for Draenei, but here’s hoping it was just some bizarre animation error and that if it’s truly unintended it can be fixed quickly.

I’ve got a race change already purchased waiting for Shadowlands customization to be showcased, so I’m incredibly relieved that I’d be able to use the proper set if I go back to night elf. Thank you again for the confirmation!

2 Likes

Nooooooooooooo!

Why would you give up your tail!

sad face

2 Likes

I am and always have been a night elf at heart! I just needed a change of scenery for a while. I bought two race changes with gold during that sale last month. If Draenei options in SL really win me over I’ll go purple Draenei over purple elf. We shall see what the artists come up with :wink:

2 Likes

I have a similar problem on my account. The graphics for my belt don’t populate/show on any of my toons. The only way I can get it to show is if I unequip, then equip the belt, and then it happens all over once the the screen loads.

TBC Classis btw.