Armor abilities in shadowlands

So I really like the abilities we get from our azerite armor. Are we going to have the same system in place with shadowlands armor?

1 Like

No

4 Likes
  1. It’s not Sunday
  2. No
  3. Thank God

I can’t comprehend how people like Azerite armor. This is an MMORPG. Any systematization of gear just makes things more complicated, seeing as there’s always a BiS in gear that people will want.

We are going to feel like we are weak with out all those bonus abilities we get from our armor

No we aren’t, because they’re tuning Shadowlands to accomodate for the fact that we don’t have those abilities.

Need I remind you that every single one of those abilities are passive buffs and not abilities that we manually enable using a spell?

We were just fine before Craperite armor, we’ll be even better afterwards for its absence.

1 Like

I’m so happy that they’re not only removing it, but not putting another Artifact in the game, and removing ANY RNG gear upgrades (besides the tertiary stats and occassional socket, ofc).

And thank goodness for that.

1 Like

I hope this rental power from armor/neck/weapons stop

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing the azerite traits get adapted passively into the player’s abilities or something. I like some of them and I would feel naked without them

I liked Heed my Call quite a bit as far as generic abilities go.

Rent a powers should have, at least a few of them, been made baseline, even if they were passive. It would make the expansions feel like progression rather than regression when the next one comes out. I’m so tired of rent a powers.

No, and…

One of the worst systems the game has introduced. They gave up on it less than halfway through, tried to fix it with Essences, and only made it worse. Good bye, Azerite. Never tarnish the game again.

Having bonuses on armor is lame.

Also bring back tier set bonus and PvP set bonuses.

…

Anyway, I actually liked the outer 2 traits of gear but the inner 2 were just annoying to have all these minor bonuses and passives.

I like the azerite armor abilities, we are going to feel gimped with out them

Nope. Thankfully in Shadowlands, armor is armor. You get it, you equip it, your stats go wee.

Just as it should be.

This is basically the irony I see too.

Back when tier sets were a thing, players complained that the set bonuses were too good and offered no choices for gearing those slots. Mythic Raiders even complained about having to do LFR just to give themselves an extra chance at getting a set piece.

Enter BFA where Blizzard took feedback and provided set bonuses in the form of azerite traits to provide more choice for players. Players found something else to complain about.

Blizzard will never win. Similar to you, I also liked the two outer rings on azerite pieces.

1 Like

They need to keep using this system I think it’s awesome and for the life of me I can’t see why anyone doesn’t love it.

Cuz they started playing before BFA, and Legion.

:angry:

slowly rolls up newspaper

I would disagree that azerite traits are like tier set bonuses in that tier bonuses enhanced your current skillset whereas azerite traits in some cases, make your spec playable.