Arena Starting With Broken Wrong CC/DR tables

Lol this is true.

2 Likes

Bumping so we can get some attention to this thread and get DR tables fixed so mechanically the game is playing correctly.

Is it not suppose to? Charge DRs intercept stun an conc blow on vanilla as well. Makes sense to me that it would.

Sure isnā€™t! Itā€™s a gap closer and always has been treated as that. Especially since Charge is a non combat ability. Non combat abilities and gap closers were treated differently because they needed to be.

If a warrior manages to get a charge off out of combat the stun was to ensure it connected with itā€™s target which is why the mechanic has always existed. However it canā€™t put anything on DR as it destroys the game play of warriors and groups with them.

Yea that is also wrong. The original thread that I linked was made in 2019 reporting the bug.

Under stun DR table Charge isnā€™t listed then you can clearly read at the bottom of this link the history of changes to Charge.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

Clearly there Charge remained off the DR table till patch 4.0.6 then it was added for all warrior except protection that had the warbringer talent.

In Patch 4.1 they removed Charge back off the DR table because every warrior and player complained about how annoying it was. Since it ruins group play with warriors.

So Charge being on the DR stun table was short lived patch 4.0.6 to 4.1

To further document this in the official 4.0.6 patch notes for changes to warriors it list Charge being added to the DR table here under warrior changes. This is the first time Charge had a DR with other stuns.
https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_4.0.6

There is no confusion on this topic itā€™s very well documented and I have mained a warrior for 1 year total play time TBC thru BFA and have played with Charge off the DR table for the majority of that time (only on DR table 4.0.6 to 4.1) because that is how it did in fact work.

2 Likes

No it was changed to a 1.5 second stun either at the start of Wrath or in the season 6 rework where they allowed Juggernaut to enable charging in combat for Arms warriors. The extra .5 was for jumping compensation.

In the second arena season of Cataclysm (S10) they updated the pathing programming on Charge to update itā€™s target location midway through the animation or something along those lines, so that Charge would basically not be jump-able anymore, it felt way smoother, but it was still a brief stun. There may have been a glyph or something to trade the stun for an AoE root like one of the versions of Blitz in Cata or MoP, that Iā€™m not sure on. What I do know is that Charge was not changed to a baseline root until Legion.

Soooo yea I mean the DR tables are still wrong. Been wrong forever and hoping they can get fixed. When stuff doesnā€™t get fixed just makes you want to play other games. Going to keep bumping this in hopes of some day the game functioning correctly.

With regard to your original post and the rogue DRā€™s ā€“ Kidney Shot does not DR with any ability in the game except itself. Cheap shot DRā€™s with all stuns.

1 Like

Yes thanks. I actually need to test I think charge is so broken it might be DRing kidney. Charge really needs to be on itā€™s own DR table as intended. Maybe just gap closers are broken messing up other DRs.

1 Like

Kidney shot is by itself on DRs. Ill dig through all patches to check this out but I know from playing rogue most of my time vanilla to wotlk if I cheapshot someone after a warrior charge it would always be DR to 2 sec.

We canā€™t get a long existing bug with the DR tables fixed but they implement totally uneeded Horde vs Horde Bgsā€¦ Time to unsub.

1 Like

I give up, unsubbed not playing anymore. Just was hoping we would have a fun TBC to play and it never really happened. Just riddled with bugs and gameplay not working right, too changes that are catastrophic to TBC. Well enjoy TBC Classic Plus I guess, however most of us arenā€™t sticking around.

Just amazed at how badly they did with the release of TBC and how you literally canā€™t get them to fix the game. I just donā€™t understand, like how do you get bugs fixed if bug reports, multiple threads with 1,000s of view, support cases donā€™t work? Like no one is even trying anymore at Blizz is my assumption and they just YOLO this game into the ground.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.