Arena Season Ending Early Was a Bug. Ignore this thread

While I understand that General Discussion isn’t one for the discussion of arena related topics, this is another larger issue, that’s been happening with zero excuse throughout the entire expansion. The arena season has randomly ended with zero warning, and zero information put forth. We’re now in an off season where rating and rewards don’t matter.

Blizzard has historically, without fail (until now), provided a two week warning for people throughout arena seasons because this is the time people usually push. They aim to secure ratings, or get last minute goals. It is absurd that PvP player base has once again been entirely ignored, and not even given a proper warning so that players who wish to excel (despite the horrendous state of this game) can attempt to do so.

Why is this important? Because once again, people aren’t communicated with! This is absolutely nonsensical that this happens all the time. This is just another example in a long string of screw ups where the player base hasn’t been fairly provided information, and now those people who wanted to achieve their goals (who probably couldn’t because of the holidays or what have you because they thought they had time) can’t, with zero forewarning.

Ya did it again, Blizzard. We should have been talked to. I find myself saying this a lot lately.

Edit: I was incorrect on this, we have had off-seasons before. We had one at the end of season two. The fact remains however, we were communicated with during the end of season two, not once, but twice that we’d be entering an off season. We should have been talked to now as well.

Edit 2: We have confirmation from a Blue that this was, in fact, a bug: BFA Season 3 PvP Issue

I apologize for this thread. While I’m still fully in the camp that Blizzard has absolutely failed miserably involving communication issues throughout this expansion, at least now we know. Ya’ll have a happy New Year.

12 Likes

Looks like we are off to a good year. /s

1 Like

For real? We can’t get rewards any more? I legitimately thought we had until the 8.3 launch! I was planning on actually PVPing after the holidays!

This is a tremendous disappointment.

So it seems. There’s a thread over in Customer Service with a blue response from 30 minutes ago, asking if this is really the case or if it’s some kind of bug due to the DDOS. Blue said he wasn’t sure but he’ll get back to us. No word yet.

I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.

2 Likes

I will choose to be optimistic and hope that this is all a big mistake and/or related to whatever the technical difficulties are that are gunking up the servers right now. It’s New Years, and I choose not to be filled with unbridled rage.

I shall save that for tomorrow if this issue is not resolved.

1 Like

Be prepared Rorrand. It says we’re in an off season and people are still fully capable of queuing. DDOS’ing one specific activity and somehow only effecting the rewards and not the activity itself? Highly unlikely. It’s gonna end badly tomorrow.

Yeah I’m going with bug, sources all say the season should have went until Jan 14th.

I despise PvP but that would be really unfair and also unprecedented if they did.

Is it confirmed it’s a DDoS?

So basically youre assuming that blizzard is doing something completely out of the ordinary and out of character while at the same time they are experiencing massive server issues? And spreading it around as absolute fact without first knowing the truth? Seems strange to jump off a cliff at a point when you could take the cable car.

I just found out about the Blue. Check the arena thread. I’m not the only one angry about this. And to be totally frank, I can’t fathom a type of bug that would only cause the season to end, put us in an off season, provide a message saying we’re in an off season, and still let the servers work fine. If you can think of a bug that’s done that, by all means, inform me.

1 Like

To be fair, starting your PvP campaign at the start of a season works out better.

1 Like

I just came to the forums to see if there was a ddos attack happening. I was going to say about arena doesn’t it usually end two weeks before a major patch? 8.3 is coming on the 14th, but I don’t pay that much attention to arena any more.

you’re the one claiming ddos.

…and a ddos can’t do what you’re implying. (unless ddos has some fancy new meaning in 2020 and i’m not caught up with the lingo yet)

We have no reason to assume otherwise, and the in-game text is literally saying it’s an off-season now. Just checked it myself. It’s up to the devs to clarify this. Their silence only confirms what the game is already telling us.

Did start. Never finished. Was planning on completing the last bits after holiday shenanigans based on the information that was presented to us so far. If it were any different, my plans would have changed. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable position to have.

1 Like

Arena season usually ends with the patch and after they give a two week warning that it’s going to end.

It hasn’t been that way since Legion. In Legion, Blizzard did away with off seasons and brought in seasons ending, and beginning on the same day.

This is correct.

I didn’t. I saw it on the forums. There’s a thread talking about Blizz being DDOS’d. I don’t care either way.

Seems like the reasonable thing to do would be temper your anger into being moderately annoyed by the circumstances until you actually have something to be angry about. Seems awful coincidental that this occurs at the exact time things are crashing.

I’m kinda glad this week I finally completed getting my R3 Conflict and Strife. Not sure how that would work if I’m no longer able to do my conq cap for weekly box.

Was confused when I wasn’t able to fill my conquest bar and thought something was broke.

:confused:

You’re missing the point. There is in game text telling us we are in an off season. Arena is working fine despite the supposed DDOS being claimed in this thread:

Along with the other thread some panda dude made about the game being busted due to a DDOS and not needing an excuse to quit anymore or whatever.

Again, if you can think of a bug where a season ended, we were given an in-game message saying it ended, and rewards were removed that were time sensitive without any warning? I’m all for it. But I can’t remember anything of the sort, nor can I think of another expansion where we’ve also not had a single PvP balance tuning patch for over a year.