Arena Season Ending Early Was a Bug. Ignore this thread

I wonder if the season “ended” because they didn’t expect it to last this long. Like there’s a maximum limit before it ends on it’s own.

I doubt this is the case. BFA season 2 began mid January, and ended in mid June, and we got a two week notice then twice. We’re in the same timeline.

I’m not claiming a DDOS but its possible. The fact is there is serious stability issues occurring at the moment and about the same time the season ends. Stability issues can mess with the function of a lot of systems. The point I am making is cool it and stop spreading what is at the present just rumors to stir the masses. If they did end it intentionally, cool, make yourselves heard. But stop raging to rage.
Ive seen you in several other posts just stirring the rage pot with speculation and rumors.

I posted in the arena forums, saying in agreement with other people that I find it absurd. And I posted in the customer service thread saying: “The arena forums don’t know anything either”.

I am fully entitled to my opinion that the current situation is absurd. If you don’t like it, I’m sorry. That’s unfortunate. But I have every right to voice my opinion.

this isnt true

i’m pretty sure there was an off season going into s2?
at the time m+ could only drop loot up to +8

Was there? Cause they weren’t in Legion other than inbetween expansions and I don’t remember one in season one. If that’s true, then sure, my mistake. But I don’t remember an off season. We didn’t have one for season two either, and as I mentioned, we got 2 individual two-week notices with that one.

Edit: No, you’re not thinking of an off-season, you’re thinking of week one. Blizzard capped M+ in week one at +8 because the mythic raid wasn’t out yet.

there are all sorts of tin-foil hat theories in regards to everything people don’t like… it doesn’t mean they need to be perpetuated without substance.

with absolutely zero substance.

yeah the point of an off season is to disallow unfair loot from being obtained

if you could cap 2100 arenas week1/2 which is very easy in 2’s you could get nearly mythic raid quality loot 2 full weeks before mythic raids open

seasons have always lined up with raid releases in bfa meaning pvp seasons have been inactive until mythic doors open 2 weeks after normal/heroic doors open

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292123/end-of-season-2-details-bfa-season-3-two-weeks-after-8-2

source there was an off season last season 2

So you’re right, that’s my mistake. I’ll edit my OP to reflect that.

In any event it’s not worth worrying about until tomorrow. It’s 6:30 P.M. on the west coast on New Year’s Eve. Guarantee there aren’t any devs in the office that can fix this tonight, if indeed something has gone terribly wrong.

Happy New Year’s, by the way!

True. It’s just infuriating. People were in the middle of their Glad pushes when this went through. And without any form of discussion to the PVP player base in over a year involving any balance changes or anything of the sort - people are angry.

But yeh, Happy New Year’s. Hopefully 2020 is better. In every aspect, not just this one.

I wasn’t saying you shouldn’t be annoyed. I was just saying the start of a season is always better.

Implying it’s my fault for waiting this long. Yes, I picked up on your subtext.

Sadly, I didn’t even realize they still had arena seasons . . . :frowning:

im looking at the twitter page as of 4 mins ago someone asked if it ended and they anret sure ( I cant post links either so you’ll have to go look)

its under the ( tweets & replies section of the CS page btw )

I saw, I’m keeping an eye on it. I’ll update this thread when we get an answer.

1 Like
1 Like

The problem is that most of the staff at Blizz was trimmed and it has negative impact on community communication and feedback.

I presumed that with the patch 2 weeks out the season would end. But then again this is blizz we are talking about lol.

Another forum warrior.